blur tour 2024

Discussion about the band and related projects.
JaffaK

Re: blur tour 2024

Post by JaffaK »

Two great things about the terrible Coachella crowd:
1. The coverage! Loads of actual US music fans I've seen online re-discovering Blur and actually finding out about TBOD.
2. No way they'll want these gigs to the be the last ever memories of playing together...
stephen

Post by stephen »

JaffaK wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 am Two great things about the terrible Coachella crowd:
1. The coverage! Loads of actual US music fans I've seen online re-discovering Blur and actually finding out about TBOD.
2. No way they'll want these gigs to the be the last ever memories of playing together...
The thing is the performance was of a very high quality, and the whole thing seems to have been completely blown out of all proportions...still I guess it's given the band a bit more attention and got people talking about them again. Next weekend will be very interesting, looking forward to seeing the setlist!

I thought this summer would have been perfect for a European festival tour promoting TBOD, but that's obviously not happening. It's such a shame that this album never got a full tour
JaffaK

Post by JaffaK »

stephen wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:23 am
JaffaK wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 am Two great things about the terrible Coachella crowd:
The thing is the performance was of a very high quality, and the whole thing seems to have been completely blown out of all proportions...still I guess it's given the band a bit more attention and got people talking about them again. Next weekend will be very interesting, looking forward to seeing the setlist!

I thought this summer would have been perfect for a European festival tour promoting TBOD, but that's obviously not happening. It's such a shame that this album never got a full tour
Absolutely - it'll be interesting to see how they respond. Maybe do something like send a Blur cover band on for the first song and see if anybody notices.
stephen

Post by stephen »

I saw someone suggest leisure b-sides :lol:

In a way they can't really lose because they could play anything. Apparently week 2 was better last time they played? not sure how it works.

Just looking at the sets in 2013 for the two weeks and they were pretty similar

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/201 ... 8d43c.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/201 ... 83ca6.html

I imagine same thing will happen again because they've got to make sure everything is set up correctly / rehearsed. So imagine it'll be more less same setlist but we can imagine :lol:
JaffaK

Post by JaffaK »

I did wonder initially why they didn't play Parklife, For Tomorrow, or The Universal.

I'm guessing they didn't have a really long slot so opted for Tender as a closer leaving The Universal a bit redundant.

And I guess PL and FT were deemed to UK-centric, and not huge US hits. Probably a good call for Parklife, but I think For Tomorrow could go down well and hope to see it reinstated for week 2.
stephen

Post by stephen »

JaffaK wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:45 pm I did wonder initially why they didn't play Parklife, For Tomorrow, or The Universal.

I'm guessing they didn't have a really long slot so opted for Tender as a closer leaving The Universal a bit redundant.

And I guess PL and FT were deemed to UK-centric, and not huge US hits. Probably a good call for Parklife, but I think For Tomorrow could go down well and hope to see it reinstated for week 2.
Initial thought's when I saw it was that it was a very small set but I guess you get a bit more time on stage if you're not headlining
stephen

Post by stephen »

Same set as last week?

Not catched up on it yet. Sounds like they got a bit of a better reception? and sounds like Damon was joking around Girls and Boys song this time

And finally he said it was probably their last show. Which I know he says a lot but it just felt a little more real this time