The Beatles Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MsMagicAmerica

Re: The Beatles Thread

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 May 2019, 12:16

Paul is set to release four live albums on vinyl. He’s releasing Wings Over America yet again. How many times does he expect people to keep buying the same album?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.udisco ... ssues/amp/

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 31 May 2019, 09:44

Yes, it becomes almost pointless trying to keep up.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 Jun 2019, 16:16

I doubt Paul has any real decision on what is and isn't released when it comes to things like that. I'm sure he's made aware but ultimately it's the record label who'll be pushing for it.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 09 Jun 2019, 04:13

Yes I think so - in some ways, he will see this as baffling as the fans do.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 05 Jul 2019, 05:56

I've been rediscovering the Moody Blues lately and in the process I managed to find the following on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeRWLs0DjIg

Denny was outstanding here and McCullough nailed it with his solo and obviously watching Paul and Linda harmonizing was something special!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 08 Jul 2019, 08:31

Denny Laine can be under-rated in the wider scheme of things.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 09 Jul 2019, 05:18

I agree. I recently watched this 2+ hour Moody Blues documentary and even though I've known about Denny practically my entire life, I did not realize until now how solid of an all-around musician he really is! I also never knew how often the Beatles frequented the Moodies house during the years Denny was still in the band and how often they toured together which is obviously when him and especially Paul established that solid bond.

Switching gears.... Has anyone else seen "Yesterday" as of yet? I did on Saturday and color me impressed! What a unique and wonderful concept/plot! I heard Paul and Ringo were quite impressed with it themselves. I forgot what Yoko's and Olivia's reactions were, but I bet they are both touched by the sentiment of the film! It's definitely a must-see and an ideal way to introduce youngsters to the Beatles as well!

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 10 Jul 2019, 10:42

I'm kinda split when it comes to Denny Laine.He obviously is talented as Paul wouldn't have kept working with him as long as he did, and his voice along with Paul's and Linda's are pretty much what makes up the Wings sound. However, I feel like he sold Paul out in the 80s and 90s. He and his late with JoJo are in practically even trashy Paul bio telling unflattering (and sometimes flattering) stories. He also released that (IMO crappy) song Japanese Tear song which was written about Paul's 1980 drug bust. Plus, I can't tell you how many album releases I see of his that have the same songs. I nearly met him many years ago as he was scheduled to be a guest at a Beatles weekend convention but he pulled out that Friday morning.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 08 Aug 2019, 15:21

Anyone hear about the Abbey Road anniversary box set that is coming out next month? Here's a YouTube link telling a little about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCfZ4uAAuE

TristramShandy

Post by TristramShandy » 01 Oct 2019, 04:56

I just listened to the three CD edition, and it's pretty interesting.
It's always odd to have new mixes, as you can hear details that were previously not obvious... It kind of changes your approach to the album.
The demos and working versions are nice too, with some big revelations (Something was originally written in A!)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 06 Oct 2019, 15:29

#1 again!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 03 Nov 2019, 09:49

I saw Mark Lewisohn's Abbey Road talk, Horsney Road, in Swindon last week, and 'twas amazing.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 04 Nov 2019, 01:18

Did he mention if and when his next installment of his Tune In books will be released?

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 Nov 2019, 17:07

He may have done but if he did I have already forgotten (he certainly mentioned work for the next instalment however)