The Cream Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Mallard No. 22

Re: The Cream Thread

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 27 Apr 2015, 05:56

Yes indeed, you don't always get such good photos from that period.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 28 Apr 2015, 05:49

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Yes indeed, you don't always get such good photos from that period.

Agreed....the band seemed so happy together during those photos...Wish we could have bottled that and they remained that way forever! Just unfortunate differences between Jack and Ginger was one of the primary reasons of their break-up and then that later conflict between Eric and Ginger which prevented them from reuniting (just prior to Jacks' death)....

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 26 Jul 2015, 21:12

Eric Clapton question: I don't suppose anyone here as heard TDF's Retail Therapy? I haven't but I've heard good and bad things about it.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Feb 2016, 13:37

Some sad news to report, doesn't sound good. :(
"To all fans; it is with great sadness that we announce the cancellation of all shows. Ginger's doctor's have insisted that he have complete rest due to diagnosis of serious heart problems. We hope you will all join with his family in wishing him well. God bless Ginger Baker. " Team Baker
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 27 Feb 2016, 15:49

tom_cas1 wrote:Some sad news to report, doesn't sound good. :(
"To all fans; it is with great sadness that we announce the cancellation of all shows. Ginger's doctor's have insisted that he have complete rest due to diagnosis of serious heart problems. We hope you will all join with his family in wishing him well. God bless Ginger Baker. " Team Baker

Oh no....wish him the best and a full and quick recovery.....

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 04 Mar 2016, 06:49

Sorry to hear this. Wishing him well.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 05 Jul 2016, 22:51

Let's wish Ginger a rapid and complete recovery! http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... es-8348095" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 06 Jul 2016, 07:13

Didn't know about this. Wishing him well.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 06 Jul 2016, 08:43

He's getting on in years now, must have been serious for him to have that surgery. I hope he makes a full recovery.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 14 Jul 2016, 02:14

Wanted to share some photos. I love these two, taken at the Convention Center in Anaheim, California, Saturday, May 18th 1968.

Note the second photo...an acoustic guitar. VERY rare to see photos of Cream live with an acoustic guitar onstage. The photo was taken during a performance of their song As You Said, the only time it was played live supposedly. No recording exists though sadly.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Jul 2016, 22:30

tom_cas1 wrote:Wanted to share some photos. I love these two, taken at the Convention Center in Anaheim, California, Saturday, May 18th 1968.

Note the second photo...an acoustic guitar. VERY rare to see photos of Cream live with an acoustic guitar onstage. The photo was taken during a performance of their song As You Said, the only time it was played live supposedly. No recording exists though sadly.

Thanks for sharing those photos! Just depressing there aren't any existing recordings though! I was trying to search the 5/18/68 setlist, but unfortunately no songs were documented. The closest setlist was for their 5/12/68 concert and that included "We're Going Wrong" which I was always shocked on how they were able to replicate live the dynamics exhibited during the studio version. I wish they performed "Wheels of Fire" from start to finish!

Also, I often what would have transpired if they didn't break-up due to the interpersonal conflicts of Bruce and Baker. I know Blues infused Rock was starting to fade some, but I believe they were really expanding their sound on "Goodbye Cream" and even some leading-up to "Wheels of Fire".... "Anyone For Tennis" clearly demonstrates that then I like what they did on "Passing the Time" "Those Were the Days", and especially on "Deserted Cities of the Heart. Those latter tracks contained a more progressive sound than they ever had before. Clapton somewhat established that on "Blind Faith" in some fleeting instances, but of course he was more into the Southern Rock of Delaney and Bonnie, and he reverted back to Blues obviously with Derek and the Dominoes.... But yet.... just imagine if Cream had evolved more further together during their prime.. it's honestly quite scary to think about, but in the most positive way!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 09 Dec 2016, 21:32

My 11th CLASSIC ALBUM SERIES article focuses on Cream's 1966 album 'Fresh Cream', which was released 50 years ago today. Check it out!

https://tomcaswell.net/2016/12/09/class ... esh-cream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 14 Dec 2016, 07:59

:D The start of a fascinating period. The classic period of rock music was emerging.

'I'm So Glad' springs to mind as a favourite track off that album.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 07 Oct 2019, 03:07

RIP, Ginger! Now only EC remains!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 11 Oct 2019, 07:43

R.I.P. Ginger.

I think he had something of a crazy life.