The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Lt Pinkerton

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 11 Oct 2015, 20:49

That's a lovely setlist. Well played.

Tracy Jacks

Post by Tracy Jacks » 11 Oct 2015, 23:08

Hi Blur,

PLEEEAAASE announce new european dates!!! Thousands of people NEED a concert here in Berlin!!! The rest of germany is WAITING too!!!

bugman

Post by bugman » 12 Oct 2015, 07:58

Tracy Jacks wrote:Hi Blur,

PLEEEAAASE announce new european dates!!! Thousands of people NEED a concert here in Berlin!!! The rest of germany is WAITING too!!!
Exactly! i live in Poland but Berlin is so close to me so i can go! Come un guys, please and some club gigs in Europe!

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 12 Oct 2015, 21:25

Tweedz prints out the imaginary setlist threads, looks through them and finds the best songs that weren't there. :P

rich

Post by rich » 12 Oct 2015, 21:42

davidsutter wrote:Tweedz prints out the imaginary setlist threads, looks through them and finds the best songs that weren't there. :P
if only :roll: - I recall Alex saying in a recent interview that the setlists were drawn up by the drum tech...
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 12 Oct 2015, 22:45

Seems like they broke that a bit when they added Caravan, however! But yes, have tweedz choose the setlist instead of the fucking drum tech!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 Oct 2015, 00:18

It's not unusual for a band member to come on here, Dave asked me before the 2009 shows to create a thread on the old forum and ask people what they wanted to hear.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Liese

Post by Liese » 13 Oct 2015, 07:53

bugman wrote:
Tracy Jacks wrote:Hi Blur,

Exactly! i live in Poland but Berlin is so close to me so i can go! Come un guys, please and some club gigs in Europe!
I can only third that! Berlin :D
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 13 Oct 2015, 11:13

aldamasta wrote:Seems like they broke that a bit when they added Caravan, however! But yes, have tweedz choose the setlist instead of the fucking drum tech!
hey, Stu is cool

OilyWater93

Post by OilyWater93 » 13 Oct 2015, 12:32

Stockholm Please!
My head is full of suspicion, I'm coming home sometime
I've swallowed too much oily water, it keeps slipping down my spine

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 13 Oct 2015, 14:44

Oh yes Stu is fine! But I thought they were letting the drum tech, the guy playing the drum machine next to Dave, choose the setlist. Or is that not the drum tech :?

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 13 Oct 2015, 14:50

aldamasta wrote:Oh yes Stu is fine! But I thought they were letting the drum tech, the guy playing the drum machine next to Dave, choose the setlist. Or is that not the drum tech :?
no, it's Stu doing the setlist

rich

Post by rich » 13 Oct 2015, 14:54

aldamasta wrote:Oh yes Stu is fine! But I thought they were letting the drum tech, the guy playing the drum machine next to Dave, choose the setlist. Or is that not the drum tech :?
hope I haven't caused discord in the blur camp! I was just pointing out, a few posts up, that when Alex was asked in an a radio interview what they'd be playing at the next gig, he said he didn't know, the setlist was put together by the drum tech - the guy who looks after Dave's drums - is this Stu?

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 13 Oct 2015, 14:57

rich wrote:
hope I haven't caused discord in the blur camp! I was just pointing out, a few posts up, that when Alex was asked in an a radio interview what they'd be playing at the next gig, he said he didn't know, the setlist was put together by the drum tech - the guy who looks after Dave's drums - is this Stu?
yes, Mr Stuart Lowbridge, not only drum tech but first day Blur fan and organizer of the Wolverhampton gig

rich

Post by rich » 13 Oct 2015, 15:13

beatfloh wrote:
rich wrote:
yes, Mr Stuart Lowbridge, not only drum tech but first day Blur fan and organizer of the Wolverhampton gig
ah - http://www.vblurpage.com/info/bios/people/misc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;