The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Consigliere_11

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by Consigliere_11 » 28 Sep 2015, 10:10

They have three perfomers this year as well. I understand that Enrique Inglesias performs on Friday, Florence & the Machine on Saturday and blur on Sunday
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 28 Sep 2015, 12:55

Consigliere_11 wrote:They have three perfomers this year as well. I understand that Enrique Inglesias performs on Friday, Florence & the Machine on Saturday and blur on Sunday
Yikes. Bad times. :?

rich

Post by rich » 28 Sep 2015, 13:06

as requested by Bernie, Bernie's daughter and Bernie's other daughter?
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 28 Sep 2015, 13:17

Sighs

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 28 Sep 2015, 13:23

rich wrote:as requested by Bernie, Bernie's daughter and Bernie's other daughter?
Nail and hammer comes to mind.... :)
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 28 Sep 2015, 13:45

we already discussed that in another place, very very odd location to finish a tour

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 28 Sep 2015, 14:03

101reykjavik wrote:
Consigliere_11 wrote:They have three perfomers this year as well. I understand that Enrique Inglesias performs on Friday, Florence & the Machine on Saturday and blur on Sunday
Yikes. Bad times. :?
Yeah. Thank God he is not the Sunday headliner - but that could have happened, as was rightly pointed out, by Bernie's request :lol:
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Sep 2015, 18:24

It does seem odd to end the tour at a Grand Prix right at the end of November, a full month after the US shows. I really do hope UK shows will be announced for December.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 28 Sep 2015, 18:41

*waits patiently for another Thursday announcement* (seems to be the usual day of the week to announce things, no idea why :D )

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 28 Sep 2015, 18:41

@ Tom. It does. It would feel like a fizzle rather than a bang to end on.

Liese

Post by Liese » 28 Sep 2015, 18:57

Very odd choice indeed, as I have said elsewhere today already.

But remembering what Dave said (I guess in an interview backstage at the Isle of Wight Festival), they have to do big shows to cross-fund the small ones -- so here is some hope that a show off F1 in Dubai increases the chances of smaller, and financially risky shows back home in Europe, such as at the RAH (I guess I have to add that in my book "Europe" includes the UK as well... :lol: ).

Anyway, this is just wishful thinking...
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Sep 2015, 19:16

I don't think a show at the Albert Hall would be risky, there's some serious money to be made there especially if they have a mini-residency of 3-4 back to back dates or something along those lines. Perhaps it's wishful thinking from me but I'd love an album per-night. I doubt it'll happen obviously but that'd be a good crowd puller.

I have a feeling there'll be some UK shows in December. Not a lot, maybe one or two. Makes sense to end in London where they started back in March at MODE. Full circle. Very cool. PLEASE. :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

rich

Post by rich » 28 Sep 2015, 20:15

tom_cas1 wrote:I don't think a show at the Albert Hall would be risky, there's some serious money to be made there especially if they have a mini-residency of 3-4 back to back dates or something along those lines. Perhaps it's wishful thinking from me but I'd love an album per-night. I doubt it'll happen obviously but that'd be a good crowd puller.

I have a feeling there'll be some UK shows in December. Not a lot, maybe one or two. Makes sense to end in London where they started back in March at MODE. Full circle. Very cool. PLEASE. :D
yes - as above - so long as full circle doesn't mean a tiny ballot-entry 'fanclub' show - although I have worked out how to get into these :) ;)

rich 8-)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 28 Sep 2015, 20:26

rich wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:I don't think a show at the Albert Hall would be risky, there's some serious money to be made there especially if they have a mini-residency of 3-4 back to back dates or something along those lines. Perhaps it's wishful thinking from me but I'd love an album per-night. I doubt it'll happen obviously but that'd be a good crowd puller.

yes - as above - so long as full circle doesn't mean a tiny ballot-entry 'fanclub' show - although I have worked out how to get into these :) ;)

rich 8-)
Are you listening Tweedz? 8-)

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 28 Sep 2015, 23:06

I'm optimistic about the chances of coming full circle. Maybe they're just saving some sort of awesome surprise... never know what tweedz might have up his sleeve! Especially after seeing all of the suggestions/hopes/pleas on the forum :p

Also, while the Abu gig is another festival gig, it's always better than no gig! Like you guys are thinking, this increases the chances of some December gigs SURELY.