RIP Old Forum: 1 Year On

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

RIP Old Forum: 1 Year On

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Sep 2015, 01:37

So I just realised that it's been roughly 1 year since the closure announcement was given on the old forum and we all came over here. Time flies, huh? In that time we've made this place our new home and seen something we only dreamed of on the old forum: a new album.

A big thanks goes to Veikko for accepting all of us on here. We had a great community on the old forum and that community has grown since we came here. This place is fantastic. THE best Blur website on the internet.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Re: RIP Old Forum: 1 Year On

Post by aldamasta » 11 Sep 2015, 02:35

tom_cas1 wrote:THE best Blur website on the internet.
Agree 100%! Possibly the best band fansite even.

Thank you so much Veikko for all you do here! I was only an occasional lurker on the old forum, but once I joined here I could tell right away this place was awesome. There are some great people on here that I never would've come into contact with if it weren't for this forum. This year has been a great one to be a blur fan, and I've loved being here for the ride. Here's to many more good times on this forum :D

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 11 Sep 2015, 06:36

Thanks for homing us Veikko. We love you ❤

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 11 Sep 2015, 07:12

Hear, hear. Without Veikko I guess we'd all have gone our separate ways. So thank you! Funnily enough it feels like more than a year to me. A lot has happened this year!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 11 Sep 2015, 07:54

It's been a busy one, what with TMW coming out and all. What would we have done if that album had come out and we were without a forum to post on? :shock:

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 11 Sep 2015, 10:11

Thanks everybody, your feedback means a lot to me!

The last year has been a great experience also for me and I'm honored to continue offering this board in the future. No fear of closing! :)

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 11 Sep 2015, 11:57

Thanks for this forum, really, it wouldn't be the same with all these good news about the band and not being able to share with other blur fans

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 11 Sep 2015, 12:55

101reykjavik wrote:Funnily enough it feels like more than a year to me. A lot has happened this year!
I have that same feeling really. Only 1 year?? :o
Veikko wrote:Thanks everybody, your feedback means a lot to me!

The last year has been a great experience also for me and I'm honored to continue offering this board in the future. No fear of closing! :)
Thanks a lot Veikko, this is a great website, not only the forum (which is fantastic of course).

I like this forum more than the old official forum. Always good atmosphere here. :P

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 11 Sep 2015, 19:09

Here's the person that had never heard of the "old" forum! Or maybe I've heard, but didn't have enough will to register or even view it.

All I can say, that there are some awesome people in this forum (guys, you are cool!), so I might have missed something :lol:
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

rob_graves

Post by rob_graves » 12 Sep 2015, 04:15

This place is way better than the old official forum. Thanks again Veikko!

maffed

Post by maffed » 12 Sep 2015, 08:26

I completely agree with Consigliere, there's a lot of fantastic people here!
I really love this website and even if I already had the chance to thank Veikko for welcoming us here, I stil want to thank him again today!!! Thanks man, you rock!!!
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 12 Sep 2015, 15:08

Definitely big thanks!
I was locked out of the old forum due to an email change or something and I couldn't ever get logged back in and didn't have the care to deal with trying to register a new account on it.
That forum had some weird rules and was a bit of a pain in the arse.

I'm really digging the vibe and structure here =)

Thank you and, even though the forum was around before the switchover, Happy Anniversary of the Rebranding!

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 12 Sep 2015, 15:19

Totally agree with all the comments, many thanks Veikko.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 13 Sep 2015, 03:19

Thanks from me too. This forum has given me a chance to start afresh. I had a reputation as a bit of a loud mumbling nothing on the old forum. I made like 8500 posts in 1 and a half years in an era when there was only 2 new Blur songs, whereas here, where we have 13 new Blur songs, I haven't gotten into trouble on this forum for pointless threads or whatever (bar almost 'favourite bassline', from The Great Blur Pollwave)

Also, its much friendlier here, with a great host in Veikko and, besides (inevitably, although I agree) B-Roads, lesser fears regarding talking about certain things where copyright is concerned (imagine a live download thread on the old forum). Also, there are things on the old forum which I never particularly liked that aren't on this forum, so yeah.

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » 13 Sep 2015, 09:26

After being on the old forum since late 2002, it really did feel like the end of Blur when it closed. Without this forum I probably would have imploded if I hadn't been able to read and comment on how amazing it has been to be a Blur fan again since the February announcement, so thanks for having me.