The Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

The Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 04 Nov 2014, 05:15

I could go on and on right here, but will later......How does everyone else feel about them?

TripleJay97

Re: The Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 04 Nov 2014, 05:20

Loved the funk era...Hate almost everything post-'99.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 Nov 2014, 22:21

Post-1999 is my favourite era of the band. Up to Stadium Arcadium anyway (one of my all time favourite albums), the recent album wasn't as good. I saw them live when they toured it though and was BLOWN AWAY!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 07 Nov 2014, 15:24

I love Mothers Milk and BSSM... Sir Psycho Sexy's my favourite song of theirs. I'm not that crazy about their pre-88 and post-93 stuff, but during these 4 or 5 years (the first Frusciante period really) they were amazing.

Best thing they did after that are those singles they released after I'm With You... the compilation of those, I'm Beside You, is very entertaining.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 09 Nov 2014, 06:52

I also love "Mother's Milk" and "BSSM".....John Frusciante to me embodies RHCP spirit more than Dave Navarro (but I did love "One Hot Minute") Josh Klinghoffer combined! I loved the band even back when Hillel Slovak was still alive and obviously such an immense tragedy that was! "Californiacation" and "By The Way" had them going back in the proper direction, but "Stadium Arcadia" to me wasn't on-par w/the greater efforts..."I'm With You" proved to me they must reach out to John and have him return back into the fold!

If someone were to ask me my fave RHCP song....that is "Soul To Squeeze"!

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 09 Nov 2014, 07:10

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:"Soul To Squeeze"
Beautful song and video... to think it started life as just a b-side (should be on those best b-sides lists you see every now and again), to be rescued from obscurity by The Coneheads

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Nov 2014, 05:51

mr_spenalzo wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:"Soul To Squeeze"
Beautful song and video... to think it started life as just a b-side (should be on those best b-sides lists you see every now and again), to be rescued from obscurity by The Coneheads
Absolutely...too bad that marked around the time John initially departed from the band...... The following clip was when John wanted to be terminated from the band... He really sabotaged this performance! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1zec-toMac You could tell Anthony wanted to kill him right then and there!