Doctor Who

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MsMagicAmerica

Doctor Who

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 23 Nov 2019, 22:20

Is anyone a fan of Doctor Who? If so I have a few questions for you:
1-Who is your favorite Doctor?
2-Do you like NuWho, Classic Who, or both?
3-Who is your favorite companion?
4-what is your favorite story?
5-When did you get into the show?

For me, my favorite Doctor is Tom Baker, whole I like some of the NuWho stories and Doctors, I like Classic Who better. My favorite companion is Sarah Jane. My favorite story is the Deadly Assassin. And finally, I got into the show in 1998.

PaulG

Re: Doctor Who

Post by PaulG » 02 Dec 2019, 12:44

You Are Not Alone :)

My favourite Doctor is Patrick Troughton, though I also have a lot of love for Hartnell, Davison, Colin Baker, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston and Matt Smith. I grew up on the classic series and have watched it for as long as I can remember. I was brought up on Tom Baker during the 1970s and have been a fan since 1985, but I'm equally fond of classic and new. I'm not sure I have a favourite companion to be honest, and it's really, really difficult to narrow down to a single favourite story... I'm currently watching the whole series in order from the beginning, and I've got as far as 'The Enemy of the World'. If I had to choose I'd say my favourite is 'Power of the Daleks'.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 05 Dec 2019, 02:19

I really have to start watching the Troughton years! From what I have seen him in (the Three Doctors, the Fie Doctors, and the last episode of the War Games) I like him a lot. To be honest, I like all of the Doctors, but there's something about McCoy that I am not crazy about. I cant put my finger on it. I don't mind Jodie, but I didn't like her stories and I think there are too many companions. I don't really mind that the Doctor changed into a woman because the Doctor is an alien so who is to say that he can't change sex while regenerating?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Dec 2019, 13:28

I haven’t watched since Matt Smith left apart from two Capaldi episodes. He was terrible.

I don’t mind a woman either, the character is able to change into anything so it’s really no big deal. I haven’t seen any episodes though but she’s a good actress so I’ll have to tune in at some point. I agree about there being too many sidekicks now from the photos I’ve seen. 3? Come on.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

munch

Post by munch » 20 Dec 2019, 13:55

Fave Doctor is... Matt Smith. But i also love Pat and Tom. With a special place for jon,pete and sylvia in my second heart.
I usually stick on a classic who dvd when im stressed

I like Jodie's doctor but last series felt a bit of a shambles, probably because Capaldi's last series was pretty GOOD.
Oh yeah my fave series are matt smiths first series (including christmas carol) and Capaldi's last series (not including that first doctor meet christmas one)

I like Jodie as the doctor, i love her costume and i like her companions (apart from yaz but only because she needs more personality)
I'm excited to see what happens.
I only really liked ghost monument, tsuranga conundrum and my favorite was 'it takes you away' which has an incredible ending in my opinion and was the only episode that showed off Jodie's Doctor properly. Tho it did have a bumpy start
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 21 Dec 2019, 08:38

I don't mind that the Doctor regenerated into a female. I mean the Doctor is alien so who is to say he always has to regenerate into a male? But, I wasn't crazy about the stories that I saw from last season. I agree that Yaz doesn't really have a personality. I actually really liked Graham. I wish they didn't kill Grace off in the first episode of season 11 because I really liked her.

As for Capaldi, I liked him as the Doctor, I just didn't like his stories. That being said, I haven't really watched his last season, but I'll give it a other shot. I couldn't stand Clara. I thought the show was starting to focus too much on her than the Doctor.

I just bought the classic Season 10 on Blu-ray because it was only $34.99 on Amazon. I must admit, I have only seen the Three Doctors (which I love) and the Green Death (which I last saw nearly 20 years ago and found boring, but I'll give it another go). I like Pertwee's Doctor and I love UNIT so I thought why not get it. Plus the DVDs are actually hard to come by in the US as a lot of them are out of print. So $34.99 for five stories on Blu-ray is not bad at all. Hell, I paid $30 for a single Tom Baker story on regular DVD.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 07 Jan 2020, 15:26

1-Who is your favorite Doctor? Tom Baker
2-Do you like NuWho, Classic Who, or both? Both
3-Who is your favorite companion? Romana
4-what is your favorite story? City Of Death
5-When did you get into the show? Power Of Kroll was the first memory as a young boy, scared me sh#tless. Loved the show ever since
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 09 Jan 2020, 22:12

Wow, Mark Power of Kroll! I can imagine it being scary to a younger person. Personally, I really don’t like it. I find it to be rather boring especially for a Robert Holmes script. It’s not as boring than Underworld (again in my opinion).

I really tried to get into the last season and the new season but again, I find it very hard. I don’t know why. I don’t care that the Doctor is a woman there’s just something that I’m not crazy about and I can’t put my finger on it.