OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

MrMagpie

Re: STAR WARS: The Last Jedi **SPOILERS!!**

Post by MrMagpie » 31 Jan 2018, 14:41

I don't like what Disney is doing with SW. All I EVER wanted was for the saga to be complete with episodes VII, VIII, and IX. But Disney has spin-off movies planned out the ass for the next 15 years. Rouge One was damn good, and I would love an Obi-Wan film with Ewan McGregor, but the upcoming Han Solo movie looks like it'll be a total dumpster fire of a shitshow (like how I mixed up those two phrases? 8-) ). Everything I've read/seen about it looks absolutely horrid. They seem hell bent on turning the franchise into an oversaturated joke.

I agree with Tom, too...why the fuck have three different directors for the last trilogy? This isn't a film project to be arty and reinterpret the universe through the eyes of different directors...this is fucking Star Wars! Just tell the stories and stay true to the feel and history of the universe. I fear what Rian Johnson did may be unfixable at this point.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Jan 2018, 16:48

The way I feel about the Han Solo movie is how I felt about Rogue One when it was announced. I wasn't expecting much, almost dreading watching it just in case it was a bomb...but it was excellent. Seriously seriously excellent. So based on that I'm going to reserve judgement on the Han Solo movie until I see it but that being said, I have an overwhelming feeling of dread just thinking about it. Why? This isn't an original story with new characters like Rogue One was. This is a re-casting, a prequel, a younger Han Solo. They're taking one of the main characters from the original trilogy, a character who is loved beyond words. If they mess it up it'll seriously taint the overall Star Wars legacy. I hope it's a success, but I can't seem to shake the doubt.

I really wish they had gone straight for an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. I can't say enough about how much I love McGregor in that role. A film about Boba Fett would be awesome too, I believe that is in production right now and scheduled for a 2020 release. At least that's what I read.

I also read that Rhian Johnson is working on ANOTHER trilogy of films set after this trilogy. Urgh. Please. No.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 02 Feb 2018, 16:27

tom_cas1 wrote:The way I feel about the Han Solo movie is how I felt about Rogue One when it was announced. I wasn't expecting much, almost dreading watching it just in case it was a bomb...but it was excellent. Seriously seriously excellent. So based on that I'm going to reserve judgement on the Han Solo movie until I see it but that being said, I have an overwhelming feeling of dread just thinking about it. Why? This isn't an original story with new characters like Rogue One was. This is a re-casting, a prequel, a younger Han Solo. They're taking one of the main characters from the original trilogy, a character who is loved beyond words. If they mess it up it'll seriously taint the overall Star Wars legacy. I hope it's a success, but I can't seem to shake the doubt.

I really wish they had gone straight for an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. I can't say enough about how much I love McGregor in that role. A film about Boba Fett would be awesome too, I believe that is in production right now and scheduled for a 2020 release. At least that's what I read.

I also read that Rhian Johnson is working on ANOTHER trilogy of films set after this trilogy. Urgh. Please. No.
Oh God, please no...

Like I said above, they're going to inundate and oversaturate us with so much Star Wars that it will turn it into a joke and ruin it. Mark my words...

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 03 Feb 2018, 19:09

Disney is killing it

tom_cas1

Re: OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 Feb 2018, 16:49

I changed the title of the thread, thought it would be a good idea to make an official Star Wars thread for all the movies.

That and the new Solo full trailer just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be honest, I'm warming to it a little bit. I'm not convinced about the actor just yet but one of my main concerns was that the film was going to be a "how Han met Chewie" movie. I'm glad that isn't the case, although I'm sure there could be some background info there. I'd like to know more about that aspect but I'm glad it's not the whole movie. There is a story which could potentially evolve into more movies.

I WANT it to be good so bad. I've loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember and The Last Jedi left me devastated. Rogue One was excellent which I wasn't expecting. I hope Solo is the same.

Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 07 Feb 2018, 01:23

So on top of a new trilogy by Rian Johnson (no thanks) the TV creators of Game Of Thrones will be putting together a new series too, separate from the Skywalker saga. This interests me because unlike Rian Johnson, their work with Game Of Thrones speaks for itself. Like or dislike the show, it's one of the most popular shows in the history of television, so for me they are a lot more qualified than Rian Johnson to do anything with Star Wars. No idea what they'll do yet but a series focusing on the Jedi would be incredible.

Really interested to see where they go with this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/new ... ga-w516424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 25 Feb 2018, 23:44

Solo is not going to be good, let's be honest

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Feb 2018, 17:47

I hope it's good but I have my doubts. I'd be interested to know what other projects they said no to before green lighting Solo. There are (in my opinion at least) far more exciting stories to be told that don't include such a loved character. But it's not just that, because Han Solo = Harrison Ford. That's the biggest thing I'm not sure I'll be able to get over.

I'll say again. Ewan McGregor was excellent as Obi-Wan. He's barely aged since the prequels ended. Having a movie around him would have been my first choice. Such a great character and actor. But no, they re-cast Han Solo.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 06 Mar 2018, 13:51

TripleJay97 wrote:Solo is not going to be good, let's be honest
^^^^this

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 06 Mar 2018, 18:04

I want to give it a chance because I felt the same way before Rogue One. I was convinced that movie was going to be awful but it turned out to be incredible. Hopefully that happens again with Solo.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 27 Mar 2018, 13:28

Rogue One had the advantage of not having any of the iconic/beloved characters in it. Solo is ALL about Han and Chewy and Lando...I see "TRAINWRECK" written all over it, but I'll wait to pass final judgment until I see it.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 May 2018, 20:49

Anyone seen Solo yet?

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 29 May 2018, 10:32

Is it bad that I have no desire to see it?

stephen

Post by stephen » 30 May 2018, 11:01

No, as I've said before I just don't get star wars...and I'm a sci-fi space nerd.

Futurama is a cartoon and that's more realistic.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 30 May 2018, 15:59

Yeah but I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I just have no desire to see it.