I'M MOVING TO THE USA!! (and getting married!)

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

KingLouieLouie76

Re: I'M MOVING TO THE USA!!

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Apr 2017, 02:04

tom_cas1 wrote:Thanks! It's been a long 36+ hours to say the least. Flight was great but we got screwed over by Hertz at Boston Logan car rental. We had a car booked weeks ago and upon arrival, with my visa debit card, we were told debit cards aren't part of their policy anymore so they wouldn't be able to give us a car. Fucking piss take, pardon the French. We came over and hired a car there over Thanksgiving last year and it wasn't an issue then. I wished they had told us before we booked the damn car. My fiance's father had to drive down from Vermont to get us and we finally got here at 10am this morning when we should have been here at midnight last night. The car rental places wouldn't even take CASH either. What the hell?!

Anyway after a 6 hour nap, macaroni and cheese for dinner and a number of Sam Adam's lagers it's good to be here. The next few days will be catching up on sleep and starting this new exciting life! :D

And yes, I saw the thread! I'll keep on eye on that for sure.

Oh lord...you had quite the ordeal, but it definitely is all worthwhile! I hope you get/got all the relaxation/sleep you rightfully/fully deserve! I'm glad your fiance's dad was there to assist you!

Unfortunately (as you might have already noticed) I haven't generated any responses under that aforementioned thread, so I guess no one is interested at the moment? :lol: We shall see..... I would want at least 10+ people interested (including if they brought family and friends along)...... It's still early yet in the process obviously......

Yes, making that type of transition is so rewarding and I hope that applies to you! I only moved 2000 miles away myself (nearly 15 years ago) and it was the best decision I ever made in my life and every moment has been gratifying!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 24 Apr 2017, 06:15

tom_cas1 wrote: Flight was great but we got screwed over by Hertz at Boston Logan car rental. We had a car booked weeks ago and upon arrival, with my visa debit card, we were told debit cards aren't part of their policy anymore so they wouldn't be able to give us a car.
:x Seems strange? I am glad that you arrived safe anyway.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

tom_cas1

Re: I'M MOVING TO THE USA!! (and getting married!)

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 May 2017, 00:44

Thanks everyone! :D

I have a bit more news...a month today my fiancé and I are getting married in New York, CENTRAL PARK! This is something that has been in the planning stages for a number of months, having began to think and plan right after we got engaged. Only family and close friends have known so far but today we announced it to everyone. We're having a small intimate ceremony with parents, siblings and close friends. Life is good!

Just wanted to share that with everyone. :)
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MannMedic

Post by MannMedic » 25 May 2017, 01:13

tom_cas1 wrote:Thanks everyone! :D

I have a bit more news...a month today my fiancé and I are getting married in New York, CENTRAL PARK! This is something that has been in the planning stages for a number of months, having began to think and plan right after we got engaged. Only family and close friends have known so far but today we announced it to everyone. We're having a small intimate ceremony with parents, siblings and close friends. Life is good!

Just wanted to share that with everyone. :)
Congratulations! Sounds like a great time, hope everything goes well for you guys!
Just your average country sad ballad man!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 May 2017, 01:41

Thank you. :)
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 25 May 2017, 01:49

Congrats tom_cas1! I've been meaning to ask you regarding your progress since you moved here to the States... that's brilliant! Wish you two nothing but the best and eternal happiness together!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 May 2017, 16:29

Just wanted to add my congratulations to the list Tom. What a fantastic place to have your wedding. The very best wishes to both of you! 8-)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 May 2017, 20:33

Thanks! :D

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 27 May 2017, 07:29

My best regards to you :D
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 01 Jun 2017, 04:25

tom_cas1 wrote:Well after a hectic 36 hours of no sleep, I'm in America! :D
Cheers mate!

Welcome to America (the Continent ;) )

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Jun 2017, 05:01

I'm now a married man! :D

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 28 Jun 2017, 16:06

CONGRATULATIONS Tom!!

All the very best wishes to you both. I hope the day was fantastic? :D :D

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Jun 2017, 21:41

Thank you my friend! It was an incredible day. Stayed in the Upper West Side which was beautiful and the day itself was spectacular. We were a little worried the morning of as at 6am when we woke up it was torrential rain in New York. Thankfully by 10:30am (our wedding time) the sun was shining, the sky was blue and everything was perfect! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 29 Jun 2017, 14:25

Congratulations Tom! Wish You and the wife a very long and happy life together!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 01 Jul 2017, 16:27

Just now seeing this, as I rarely visit off topic. Congrats congrats congrats!! What an idealistic wedding, my god!

Since I don't think anyone else has asked, yet... does your wife like blur? ;)