WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

stephen

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by stephen » 23 Apr 2020, 05:38

Yeah I've had to get food supplies the last couple of days and am amazed how many people are out and about (I know ironically I am out too) but still was shocked by the numbers, I asked the shop assistant about it and she said people are getting complacent due to the warm/sunny weather.

Apart from the random trip out to the shop I've literally been living/working in my spare room / office for 5 weeks

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 23 Apr 2020, 18:26

stephen wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 05:38
Apart from the random trip out to the shop I've literally been living/working in my spare room / office for 5 weeks
Same. This is my 7th week, and I live by myself in a tiny apartment so that's been kind of hard.

I really want to bitchslap all those people who prioritise themselves and ignore all the safety restrictions.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 Apr 2020, 03:35

I work at a convenience store and because we sell food items, we have to stay opened. As I have high anxiety and live with two people with bad lungs and health issues, I've been out for 5 weeks. It's really hard to order food online as everything is booked so we try to compile a large list and get curbside pick up from Walmart because it's no contact (and a little easier to get opened slots to pick stuff up)
Anyway, when I went out last week, the driving as I said earlier was nice because I didn't have anyone driving extremely close behind me like I always do (and I usually do 10 over the speed limit) but I was shocked at the parking lots of stores that I passed. They were all as full as they used to be before this virus. Like WTF? I've talked to some of my coworkers and they said my store is really busy with people who said they went out for a drive because they were bored and now wanted something to eat or people who said they were bored. In 5 weeks I have only been out three times just to get food.
I just don't understand people.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 27 Apr 2020, 18:38

I have noticed more people around in recent days.

Went for a walk by the river, where there are former railway lines and reclaimed marshland with a network of paths.

This worked quite well although at places near car parks there were many people, e.g. visiting families.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."