WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Talk just about anything you like...

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by stephen » 05 Apr 2020, 18:30

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 14:07
It’s to the point that if I have a coughing fit or if my chest gets really tight, I get paranoid that I have the virus. Which is stupid because I know that I’ve always had random coughing fits and my chest gets tight due to anxiety.
I’m starting to read/watch the news a lot less because it’s making me nuts.
Yeah every time i watch the news i think i've got the virus. I've had it about 11 times now

Manhoo
Posts: 13
Joined: 11 Sep 2014, 09:19

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by Manhoo » 07 Apr 2020, 14:24

I got bored during lockdown and wrote a review in defence of Babylon Zoo's first album because I can. https://lamortdelamusique.blogspot.com/ ... ith-x.html

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1587
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 09 Apr 2020, 06:10

stephen wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 18:30
Yeah every time i watch the news i think i've got the virus. I've had it about 11 times now
I got to the point where I only browse headlines once during the day so I can be informed if things, but that’s it. I don’t really go on Facebook that much either. I’ll look at my feed a little bit but once I see some virus post that’s it.
It’s everywhere and it’s extremely overwhelming. You hear Tom’s of horror stories and it just makes you think the worst and panic. I don’t mean to say that I don’t think it’s a scary thing and that it’s not as bad as everyone is saying. But there’s only so much that I can hear about it.

User avatar
Mallard No. 22
Posts: 2500
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 07:46
Location: North East UK

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 12 Apr 2020, 08:04

Absolutely right, only read the news stories that are relevant, to keep up to date.
Manhoo wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 14:24
I got bored during lockdown and wrote a review in defence of Babylon Zoo's first album because I can.
well, I won't say that you need to get out more.... :lol: ;)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5587
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by AdvertBreak » 14 Apr 2020, 18:40

Manhoo wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 14:24
I got bored during lockdown and wrote a review in defence of Babylon Zoo's first album because I can. https://lamortdelamusique.blogspot.com/ ... ith-x.html
Lovely stuff

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by stephen » 15 Apr 2020, 08:11

Manhoo wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 14:24
I got bored during lockdown and wrote a review in defence of Babylon Zoo's first album because I can. https://lamortdelamusique.blogspot.com/ ... ith-x.html
Well done for taking the time out to write a review for such an awful album :lol:

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1587
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 17 Apr 2020, 07:29

I was so bored that I was playing really bad songs and music videos for my Mom and sister.
The pro: We were laughing so hard that we were crying.
The con: I now have Don Johnson's terrible 80's song "Heartbeat" stuck in my head

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by stephen » 17 Apr 2020, 08:03

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 07:29
The con: I now have Don Johnson's terrible 80's song "Heartbeat" stuck in my head
Gosh, that must be awful :shock:

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1587
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 17 Apr 2020, 10:36

stephen wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 08:03
MsMagicAmerica wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 07:29
The con: I now have Don Johnson's terrible 80's song "Heartbeat" stuck in my head
Gosh, that must be awful :shock:
It was, thankfully it went away. Unfortunately though, the Foreigner song "I Want to Know What Love Is" which I played to torture my Mom and sister has been stuck in my head for the past two hours. Gold old karma. :?

User avatar
Mallard No. 22
Posts: 2500
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 07:46
Location: North East UK

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 18 Apr 2020, 10:29

That would leave me as cold as ice.... :)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1587
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 18 Apr 2020, 15:36

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 10:29
That would leave me as cold as ice.... :)
Hahahahaa I see what you did there.

I actually went out today. I had to pick something up and the post office and go to the pharmacy for my Mom. I also placed an order at a store that had curbside pickup. I must say it was a bit weird. My state (New Jersey) made it a law that if we go out, we have to wear face masks. I ordered a handmade one off of Etsy but it still hasn't come in yet so I had to use a bandana. First I felt like a robber. Then the thing would kimda hit my eye because it was up too far, then it would fall off my nose. I couldn't win.
I must admit though, driving was a lot of fun. I haven't driven in 10 days so it was nice to drive. Also, no one was on the back roads that I took so I was able to drive fast.

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by stephen » 20 Apr 2020, 08:21

I'm finding it really hard to work from home, my productivity has been shot due to the possibility that I can pretty much do what I want :D

User avatar
Mallard No. 22
Posts: 2500
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 07:46
Location: North East UK

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 20 Apr 2020, 10:41

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 15:36
I actually went out today. I had to pick something up and the post office and go to the pharmacy for my Mom.
I must admit though, driving was a lot of fun. I haven't driven in 10 days so it was nice to drive. Also, no one was on the back roads that I took so I was able to drive fast.
Reduced traffic levels are making driving more relaxing, and parking easier.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 701
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by stephen » 20 Apr 2020, 10:59

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 10:41
MsMagicAmerica wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 15:36
I actually went out today. I had to pick something up and the post office and go to the pharmacy for my Mom.
I must admit though, driving was a lot of fun. I haven't driven in 10 days so it was nice to drive. Also, no one was on the back roads that I took so I was able to drive fast.
Reduced traffic levels are making driving more relaxing, and parking easier.
I went out for a late walk last night and the roads were empty, would love to own a road bike right now

User avatar
Mallard No. 22
Posts: 2500
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 07:46
Location: North East UK

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 23 Apr 2020, 05:11

There is quite a bit of activity during daytime, but no peak time rush and as you say evenings are quiet, with only take-away food outlets open.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Post Reply