BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

idreamofpikas
Posts: 178
Joined: 05 May 2015, 16:02

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by idreamofpikas » 02 Dec 2022, 22:35

aldamasta wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 20:14
bugman wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 19:58
not before graham, gorillaz,and dave albums. march/april i guess
Random question I’ve had: what are the odds that The Waeve and Dave’s record (or even Cracker Island) are sold at the merch booths at Wembley? Would that be odd? Seems like an easy way to boost their sales, a second wind months after the records actually come out.
Pretty low. Only a certain amount of space, so they'd want to maximize their profits. Imagine running out of Blur merch because they had to find room for (unsold) Gorillaz, Dave and the Waeve merch.

User avatar
lumaka
Posts: 590
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 11:38
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by lumaka » 09 Dec 2022, 09:12

8 August - Belgium, Lokerse Feesten
https://www.lokersefeesten.be/en/bands/blur/

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 1009
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by stephen » 09 Dec 2022, 09:58

lumaka wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 09:12
8 August - Belgium, Lokerse Feesten
https://www.lokersefeesten.be/en/bands/blur/
That seems like a really odd choice, oh well

Neal Zeal
Posts: 481
Joined: 17 Oct 2014, 16:43

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by Neal Zeal » 09 Dec 2022, 10:45

idreamofpikas wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 22:35
aldamasta wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 20:14
bugman wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 19:58
not before graham, gorillaz,and dave albums. march/april i guess
Random question I’ve had: what are the odds that The Waeve and Dave’s record (or even Cracker Island) are sold at the merch booths at Wembley? Would that be odd? Seems like an easy way to boost their sales, a second wind months after the records actually come out.
Pretty low. Only a certain amount of space, so they'd want to maximize their profits. Imagine running out of Blur merch because they had to find room for (unsold) Gorillaz, Dave and the Waeve merch.
Your post has made me think of a potential new indie super-group.
"Dave and the Waeve"!

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 1009
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by stephen » 09 Dec 2022, 11:00

Neal Zeal wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 10:45
idreamofpikas wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 22:35
aldamasta wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 20:14

Random question I’ve had: what are the odds that The Waeve and Dave’s record (or even Cracker Island) are sold at the merch booths at Wembley? Would that be odd? Seems like an easy way to boost their sales, a second wind months after the records actually come out.
Pretty low. Only a certain amount of space, so they'd want to maximize their profits. Imagine running out of Blur merch because they had to find room for (unsold) Gorillaz, Dave and the Waeve merch.
Your post has made me think of a potential new indie super-group.
"Dave and the Waeve"!
Gorillaz feat Dave and the Waeve :lol: (sorry alex)

User avatar
stephen
Posts: 1009
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 12:53
Location: On a stroppy little island of mixed up people
Contact:

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by stephen » 09 Dec 2022, 11:02

Gorillaz - The Farm (feat Dave and the Waeve)

there we go :lol:

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1574
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by aldamasta » 09 Dec 2022, 16:20

stephen wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 11:02
Gorillaz - The Farm (feat Dave and the Waeve)

there we go :lol:
Brilliant, and of course Gorillaz could use some cheese on their Cracker Island ;)

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1574
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by aldamasta » 09 Dec 2022, 18:08

Dave's AMA is live, join us! https://www.reddit.com/r/blur/comments/ ... a_ping_me/

Edit: Just ended. So nice of Dave to do this, completely his idea. We didn't get a lot of new information or anything, but he did say a film of the Wembley shows have been mentioned. Not shocking, but good to hear it's being discussed.

Basil the Bat Lord
Posts: 15
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 03:26

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by Basil the Bat Lord » 10 Dec 2022, 00:47

aldamasta wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 18:08
Dave's AMA is live, join us! https://www.reddit.com/r/blur/comments/ ... a_ping_me/

Edit: Just ended. So nice of Dave to do this, completely his idea. We didn't get a lot of new information or anything, but he did say a film of the Wembley shows have been mentioned. Not shocking, but good to hear it's being discussed.
Highlights:
  • Live shows are still being booked, don't know anything beyond Europe this summer yet.
  • "Too early to tell" on a new album
  • No discussions on setlist at all yet, but assumes they will play Magic Whip songs.
  • "It didn't look like Wembley was going to happen until weeks before it was announced"
  • Weird one: Damon made him an exclusive mix of El Manana which Dave lost in a car he sold?

User avatar
lumaka
Posts: 590
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 11:38
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by lumaka » 12 Dec 2022, 17:54

14 July - Vieilles Charrues, France (The Weave on 13 July)

semi
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 14:58

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by semi » 14 Dec 2022, 00:07

Nobody is talking about Primavera Sound - Porto June 10th

dparrott
Posts: 644
Joined: 30 Sep 2014, 03:42
Location: California

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by dparrott » 15 Dec 2022, 18:14

Oh come on Dave. All these shows with "maybe" an album coming? There's six months before the first show, plenty of time. It may not be out by June but it will probably be announced by then.

Neal Zeal
Posts: 481
Joined: 17 Oct 2014, 16:43

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by Neal Zeal » 15 Dec 2022, 20:37

dparrott wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 18:14
Oh come on Dave. All these shows with "maybe" an album coming? There's six months before the first show, plenty of time. It may not be out by June but it will probably be announced by then.
They're probably planning a new album but perhaps just want to see how it all pans out.
Guessing we'll get 2 or 3 new songs whatever happens which is 2 or 3 more than any of us were expecting just a few weeks ago!

User avatar
ricj
Posts: 147
Joined: 13 Mar 2015, 17:53

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by ricj » 16 Dec 2022, 10:26

They managed to create The Magic Whip in probably no more than a month or two albeit with a massive gap between the 5 days of jamming/recording in Hong Kong and the time it took Graham and Stephen Street to rework it and Damon to write and record proper lyrics.

So if they have already been in the studio (as rumoured), then it's totally plausible that a new album could be pretty much ready to go. And they already proved how good they all are at keeping a secret back in 2015.
Image

idreamofpikas
Posts: 178
Joined: 05 May 2015, 16:02

Re: BLUR - 2023 LIVE

Post by idreamofpikas » 16 Dec 2022, 15:02

They probably also don't want to announce a new album before Damon and Graham's albums have dropped in early 2023.

Post Reply