alex james in trouble!

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

stephen

Re: alex james in trouble!

Post by stephen » 11 Dec 2019, 15:24

The Folding wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 13:54
stephen wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 13:38
No need for that language, i'm just saying that any bit of blur news will be spoken about on the forum, and rightly so.
Well you're a barrel of laughs. I suggest you act a bit nicer to newer members or just don't reply. There's no seniority for joining date.
Ok this seems like a personal vendetta now, all I said was this is a blur forum and people will talk about blur related topics. I'm also open to debates and conversations, so I don't know how you misinterpreted that as not welcoming new members to the board

The Folding

Post by The Folding » 11 Dec 2019, 16:32

Well just work on how you talk to people and you won't feel like it's a problem. Easy really.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 11 Dec 2019, 19:59

For once in my life I relax and I think to myself 'well look, it's a political thread but everyone's discussing things quite nicely and there's some spirited debate and it's not REALLY about Alex at this point but who cares?'

And then a comment about Fat Les triggers all this off?! :lol:

Folding, I think you've read something into Stephens comments that may not be there - there was no animosity or aggression to what he was saying. He was just responding to what you said. Honestly, I feel like you've come back at him a bit hard all things considered.

Anyway, let's get back to the matter at hand - Brits, when does your actual election happen? Could google, too lazy, just woke up.

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 11 Dec 2019, 22:59

Caitlin wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 19:59
For once in my life I relax and I think to myself 'well look, it's a political thread but everyone's discussing things quite nicely and there's some spirited debate and it's not REALLY about Alex at this point but who cares?'

And then a comment about Fat Les triggers all this off?! :lol:

Folding, I think you've read something into Stephens comments that may not be there - there was no animosity or aggression to what he was saying. He was just responding to what you said. Honestly, I feel like you've come back at him a bit hard all things considered.

Anyway, let's get back to the matter at hand - Brits, when does your actual election happen? Could google, too lazy, just woke up.
Lovely to see you post Caitlin, hope life is treating you well?

Our "actual" election (not a dig at your term, but our paucity of options) is tomorrow, starts in about 8 hours.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 12 Dec 2019, 07:18

Life is good! A great boyfriend, two great dogs, and a job that pays the bills! I don't post here often but I'm always watching! Hope things are well with you too xx

Whatever the outcome of the election is, I hope it's one that is beneficial for Britian. We've got a PM over here that's more interested in passing religious freedoms for his fundamentalist mates, rather than dealing with the fact that massive patches of our country are on fire and we can't deal with it. He's cut the budget from our firefighting services. Climate change is a real threat. I'm at my work Christmas party and I've had a few drinks which is why I'm a bit loose. I just want everyone to be respectful to each other and understanding and tolerant of differences :cry:

hoc

Post by hoc » 12 Dec 2019, 09:03

The Folding wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 16:32
Well just work on how you talk to people and you won't feel like it's a problem. Easy really.
Are you for real? You were the one that was being abusive. I don't know what your problem is but you clearly have issues. All Stephen was saying, was that this is a blur forum so anything that involves members of the band could be talked about. That to me seems like common sense but you chose to insult him. And then when he tries to explain what he meant in a nice way, you play the victim and bring up something about being nicer to new members, I.e. you I take it. :lol:

stephen

Post by stephen » 12 Dec 2019, 09:16

Voting is from 7am to 10pm.

And yes I'll be staying up watching the results coming in. Buzzin.

The only thing I can think is that I might have come across condescending/patronising, if this is the case I'm sorry.

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 13 Dec 2019, 21:46

Jeremy Corbyn reveals whether he prefers Oasis or Blur:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/jeremy-c ... ur-2082516

Man of past, really :-)

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » 14 Dec 2019, 08:49

Well the man was never fit to lead the country after that reply, forget all that Brexit, NHS etc :)

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 15 Dec 2019, 12:28

Superb Labour nearly wiped out, and what a disaster they are left with...get that schoolyard yob Angela Rayner in as leader the comedy will be excellent.

100 year old labour seats, even they saw through Corbyns ridic monopoly money freebies and giveaways...well done Alex, and don't let the rabid hard left nutters put you down, Twitter and its pretend world bubble.

munch

Post by munch » 15 Dec 2019, 12:33

stephen wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 15:24
The Folding wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 13:54
stephen wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 13:38
No need for that language, i'm just saying that any bit of blur news will be spoken about on the forum, and rightly so.
Well you're a barrel of laughs. I suggest you act a bit nicer to newer members or just don't reply. There's no seniority for joining date.
Ok this seems like a personal vendetta now, all I said was this is a blur forum and people will talk about blur related topics. I'm also open to debates and conversations, so I don't know how you misinterpreted that as not welcoming new members to the board
https://twitter.com/JenITcrowd/status/3 ... 2511266816
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 15 Dec 2019, 13:12

Sledge Hammer wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 12:28
Superb Labour nearly wiped out, and what a disaster they are left with...get that schoolyard yob Angela Rayner in as leader the comedy will be excellent.

100 year old labour seats, even they saw through Corbyns ridic monopoly money freebies and giveaways...well done Alex, and don't let the rabid hard left nutters put you down, Twitter and its pretend world bubble.
Did someone mention monopoly money freebies and giveaways?

I give it a month before it's still somehow Labour's fault when the promised hospitals, nurses, prisons, police officers and houses fail to materialise and national debt continues to increase. Do we have a new ETA on getting rid of the deficit yet?

For the record I haven't voted Labour since tuition fees/Iraq. Just seems very odd that the only Tory line seems to be blame Labour for everything, despite only one elected Labour PM in the past 50 years.

Dizzzy

Post by Dizzzy » 25 Jan 2020, 01:57

bruh politics are gay can we just take a bruh moment and talk about graham’s unreleased death metal demo???