new Gorillaz film - Reject False Icons

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

rich

new Gorillaz film - Reject False Icons

Post by rich » 21 Nov 2019, 18:04

announced today
https://www.rejectfalseicons.com/?eml=2 ... d=83342746
showing on 16 December (only...)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

stephen

Re: new Gorillaz film - Reject False Icons

Post by stephen » 22 Nov 2019, 11:05

This is just a documentary right?

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 22 Nov 2019, 11:26

It seems so, but animated Gorillaz members are there too.

Here's the press release for the film:

THE ONE-NIGHT THEATRICAL EVENT PREMIERES IN CINEMAS AROUND THE WORLD ON DECEMBER 16th 2019

Tickets on sale from November 27th at: http://rejectfalseicons.com

Gorillaz today announce a brand new feature documentary film titled GORILLAZ: REJECT FALSE ICONS, directed by Denholm Hewlett and available in cinemas worldwide for one night only on December 16th.

Released in partnership with Gorillaz Productions, Eleven, Trafalgar Releasing and Warner Music Entertainment, GORILLAZ: REJECT FALSE ICONS documents life in the studio with Gorillaz co-founders Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett; producers The Twilite Tone of D /\ P, Remi Kabaka and James Ford; as well as stellar roll call of featured artists including Vince Staples, Jean-Michel Jarre, De La Soul, DRAM, Pusha T, Peven Everett, Little Simz, Jamie Principle, Yasiin Bey, Bootie Brown, Cheick Tidiane Seck, Graham Coxon, Pauline Black, Zebra Katz, Danny Brown, Ben Mendelson, Kelela, Jehnny Beth, Hypnotic Brass, Junior Dan, Shaun Ryder, Mavis Staples, Sidiki Diabete and Noel Gallagher.

In his debut feature, director Denholm Hewlett followed the band’s every move for three years, covering the making of two critically acclaimed albums, ‘Humanz’ and ‘The Now Now’, as well as the band’s most ambitious world tour to date encompassing dates across Europe, North America, South America and Mexico, bookended by its own Demon Dayz Festivals in the UK and US. The result is the first ever all-access immersive journey into the world of Gorillaz and its extended family – featuring never-seen footage, where the virtual meets the real – to capture the wondrous chaos of life under the watchful eye of Murdoc Niccals (bass), Noodle (guitar), Russel Hobbs (drums) and 2D (vocals).

GORILLAZ: REJECT FALSE ICONS will be screened in cinemas around the world on December 16th 2019. Tickets will be on sale on November 27th from rejectfalseicons.com where fans can find the most up-to-date information regarding participating theatres.

JackS

Post by JackS » 22 Nov 2019, 12:55

Sounds great. Hopefully gets a Blu Ray release

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 22 Nov 2019, 19:40

I wonder when we’ll get a trailer. Surely soon, I’d think.

rich

Post by rich » 22 Nov 2019, 21:21

I see it features Graham :)

I expect he'll say that he played loads of stuff for Damon and then he threw most of it away...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 28 Nov 2019, 03:34

Good prediction rich :lol: I can totally see that happening.

I bought tickets today! So glad this is getting such a large release. I am very excited, and even though we got a trailer today (more like a teaser trailer though, don't ya think?), I don't know much of what to expect. All I know is, the film is happening quite close to my bday, so getting tickets today has settled my bday plans - couldn't be happier!

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 28 Nov 2019, 09:07

Happy for you, Alex! They won't show it in Poland so I'm not in the best mood honestly. It's 27 countries only, much less then Depeche Mode film. They won't do even one screening in South America where Gorillaz fandom is really huge, I just don't understand that.

loveinthe90s

Post by loveinthe90s » 28 Nov 2019, 13:31

lumaka wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 09:07
Happy for you, Alex! They won't show it in Poland so I'm not in the best mood honestly. It's 27 countries only, much less then Depeche Mode film. They won't do even one screening in South America where Gorillaz fandom is really huge, I just don't understand that.
And why does it have to be one night only on a Monday night... I bought the ticket but I'm not even sure if I can make it... Hope it will be released on DVD/Blu-ray afterwards.

rich

Post by rich » 28 Nov 2019, 14:19

lumaka wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 09:07
I'm so sorry for you Ewa :(

It's showing in 37 :shock: :shock: cinemas in London, which is a overkill if you ask me...

and they didn't notify me, although I signed up - I only found out about it here - as always!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 29 Nov 2019, 22:23

It's so odd that it isn't playing in quite a few European countries, and in no South American countries! Denholm has said that fans in those countries that are unable to see it will be able to see it eventually... so I guess it will either be released on DVD/blu-ray and/or on a streaming platform. Hopefully sooner than later!

munch

Post by munch » 30 Nov 2019, 10:15

got my ticket in australia!
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 01 Dec 2019, 05:28

Bought a ticket for Brighton - bit surprised at the cost, 50% more than I paid to watch the latest Tarantino movie at the same venue (small independent cinema, not IMAX or any special features).

Not sure when tickets went on sale and I went for a slightly early screening (choice between 6pm or 8.30) and only 2 other tickets had sold...

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 02 Dec 2019, 02:59

I was surprised that it was actually showing somewhere that is a 25minute drive from me. Unfortunately for me, I can't go. So hopefully it will be released on DVD in the future.

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 02 Dec 2019, 11:29

There are some new countries: Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Thailand.
Loads of cities in Russia.