TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Live Performances Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Live Performances Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Nov 2018, 17:08

Can someone share it as a download please? :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

rich

Post by rich » 26 Nov 2018, 01:31

rich wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Enjoy the rehearsal to those who are going! Audio is probably out of the question unless someone sneakily records it but some photos would be incredible if possible!

Rich - glad you got other things signed other than this new album. I remember going to the Gorillaz "Rise of the Ogre" book signing on Oxford Street in 2006 with a bunch of Blur vinyls I was hoping to get signed. I wanted Democrazy signed above all others, but a large bouncer was stood behind Damon and told me no even though Damon said he didn't mind signing them. The bouncer insisted he couldn't which has always confused me, considering Damon was more than willing. Glad things were more relaxed for you yesterday!
Hi Tom - yes the signing was pretty relaxed - only 100 people got to go, and 'security' consisted of the guys from Rough Trade West and a couple of nice women from 11mgt. I heard later that people were told not to ask for additional signings, and that one person with a stack of stuff in his arms was told off! But I had my bits in a black record bag - so not on obvious display. When I got to the desk I whipped out the LP sleeve and artwork from the boxset I'd received the day before (ie not the cd I'd had to buy to attend the event) and the band were happy to sign both. Then I asked Damon if he wouldn't mind signing my Don't Bomb and TIAL promo. He was pleased to do - and took evident care over what he wrote on Bomb. Tony was about to sign them too, but Simon said "you don't need to do that Tony, it's blur stuff"!
and here's a pic from TGTB&TQ's twitter of Damon signing my Don't Bomb and Tony going what the hell is this thing with stamps on!! :) :)
my signed ME artwork is lying on the counter...

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 26 Nov 2018, 03:54

Saw a photo here or on instagram and Damon seemed to be nursing a dark ale. I've only ever been to the Brick Lane location (I'm Australian) but is there a pub out the back or something? Something about him a pint...

stephen

Post by stephen » 26 Nov 2018, 09:23

thanks once again for sharing your experience with us rich. Sounds like a great day.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 26 Nov 2018, 10:32

Pavlich wrote:Saw a photo here or on instagram and Damon seemed to be nursing a dark ale. I've only ever been to the Brick Lane location (I'm Australian) but is there a pub out the back or something? Something about him a pint...
I saw that. It looks like a Guinness, I do know the 10 bells in Whitechapel. Maybe it was from a can from Tesco. ;)
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 26 Nov 2018, 10:34

Drifters & Trawlers on The Andrew Marr Show yesterday https://youtu.be/iQw-PGlIrFc

Recording videos from BBC website if you don't live in the UK is a nightmare :evil:

rich

Post by rich » 26 Nov 2018, 12:01

Mark72 wrote:
Pavlich wrote:Saw a photo here or on instagram and Damon seemed to be nursing a dark ale. I've only ever been to the Brick Lane location (I'm Australian) but is there a pub out the back or something? Something about him a pint...
I saw that. It looks like a Guinness, I do know the 10 bells in Whitechapel. Maybe it was from a can from Tesco. ;)
there's the Ginstitute two doors down from RTE - the band were in the basement bar before the signing - the Guinness was probably fetched from there...
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.51595 ... 384!8i8192

stephen

Post by stephen » 26 Nov 2018, 13:30

lumaka wrote:Drifters & Trawlers on The Andrew Marr Show yesterday https://youtu.be/iQw-PGlIrFc

Recording videos from BBC website if you don't live in the UK is a nightmare :evil:
Thanks for sharing.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Nov 2018, 14:14

lumaka wrote:Drifters & Trawlers on The Andrew Marr Show yesterday https://youtu.be/iQw-PGlIrFc

Thanks for that! Any chance of the audio separate like previous downloads? :D We have a topic in the Live Downloads section of the websites for all GBQ recordings!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 26 Nov 2018, 22:31

tom_cas1 wrote:

Thanks for that! Any chance of the audio separate like previous downloads? :D We have a topic in the Live Downloads section of the websites for all GBQ recordings!
Sure!

Tynemouth setlist

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Nov 2018, 02:59

I saw the setlist earlier on Instagram. I pray to god someone can get audio recordings at these small shows like I did at MODE. PLEASE.

JackS

Post by JackS » 27 Nov 2018, 07:44

Surprised no Herculean!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Nov 2018, 12:51

Was anyone there last night?

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 27 Nov 2018, 16:48

As a usual Tynemouth local, I’ve heard that most of the tickets for these two gigs went out to friends of the promoter who organised it.

rich

Post by rich » 27 Nov 2018, 20:02

Ribbons live at Tynemouth Social Club - wonderful! - thanks to daii/lumaka at DAU :)
https://twitter.com/i/status/1067422013394960384