TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Live Performances Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

Mali

Re: TGTBTQ: Merrie Land Live Performances Thread

Post by Mali » 20 Dec 2018, 15:24

What a poor system getting tickets in London. 2 minutes after 9 and the tickets were said to have been sold out through the link of the Good the bad and the queen website. Like the post above I went through the Palladium website a little later and got row D. I guess chosen folk were given centre stall tickets as they were all gone by 3 minutes past 9!!!! Mind I can't complain as we were only at Hackney on the 6th and had an awesome night

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 20 Dec 2018, 15:35

Mali wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 15:24
What a poor system getting tickets in London. 2 minutes after 9 and the tickets were said to have been sold out through the link of the Good the bad and the queen website. Like the post above I went through the Palladium website a little later and got row D. I guess chosen folk were given centre stall tickets as they were all gone by 3 minutes past 9!!!! Mind I can't complain as we were only at Hackney on the 6th and had an awesome night
Be assured, you will easily get a face-value ticket nearer the time.
GBQ are not a household name, the Palladium is a 2,000+ seater, and most of their fans are middle aged so there will not be a desperate tussle to see them. The demand will have been artificially inflated by a few touts out to make a fast buck. Just wait a few weeks and keep a cool head!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 20 Dec 2018, 16:52

rich wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 20:41
aldamasta wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 20:22
Thanks lumaka and Neal Zeal! I'm excited to see the Palladium. I'm gonna try to get tickets as close to the front as possible, but either way I'll be happy. And I'm tempted to buy a ticket for Liverpool as well, as I have no class on Fridays while I'm in London, and it's a good excuse to visit Liverpool for the first time!

Anyone else here gonna try to see them at the Palladium? Or any of the dates for that matter?
I will certainly try for Palladium tickets :)
When do you hit London?
I'll be in London from Feb 5 to April 25, which is when my semester ends. I'm so glad they announced dates for April, as I was afraid I'd be gone before I got the chance to see them!

And I got a ticket for Row H on the left side of the stalls (or whatever the front is called.) The first ticket I had was better, but I ran out of time due to complications with my debit card. Glad I managed to still grab a pretty good ticket!

Also grabbed a standing ticket for Liverpool -- was much easier getting tickets for there than London, it was madness getting tickets for the Palladium. Hope to see some of you there! It would be cool if some of the forum folk met up beforehand; that's one thing I like about seated tickets compared to GA tickets, I don't have to stand in line for hours trying to get at the front! :)

rich

Post by rich » 20 Dec 2018, 17:08

aldamasta wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 16:52
rich wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 20:41
aldamasta wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 20:22
Thanks lumaka and Neal Zeal! I'm excited to see the Palladium. I'm gonna try to get tickets as close to the front as possible, but either way I'll be happy. And I'm tempted to buy a ticket for Liverpool as well, as I have no class on Fridays while I'm in London, and it's a good excuse to visit Liverpool for the first time!
Anyone else here gonna try to see them at the Palladium? Or any of the dates for that matter?
I will certainly try for Palladium tickets :)
When do you hit London?
I'll be in London from Feb 5 to April 25, which is when my semester ends. I'm so glad they announced dates for April, as I was afraid I'd be gone before I got the chance to see them!
And I got a ticket for Row H on the left side of the stalls (or whatever the front is called.) The first ticket I had was better, but I ran out of time due to complications with my debit card. Glad I managed to still grab a pretty good ticket!
Also grabbed a standing ticket for Liverpool -- was much easier getting tickets for there than London, it was madness getting tickets for the Palladium. Hope to see some of you there! It would be cool if some of the forum folk met up beforehand; that's one thing I like about seated tickets compared to GA tickets, I don't have to stand in line for hours trying to get at the front! :)
I'm in Palladium stalls row G (seats 39 & 40) so we may be close - but in any case I'll liaise nearer the time re hooking up :)
I'm also going to Norwich the week before - anyone here going?

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 21 Dec 2018, 02:12

Got tickets for the Manchester show. Bring it!

bugman

Post by bugman » 21 Dec 2018, 10:31

2.06 Berlin
03.06 Hamburg

53 euros!

munch

Post by munch » 27 Dec 2018, 18:03

got tickets for the australia show!... oh... wait..
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

rich

Post by rich » 28 Dec 2018, 00:25

Neal Zeal wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 15:35
Mali wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 15:24
Be assured, you will easily get a face-value ticket nearer the time.
GBQ are not a household name, the Palladium is a 2,000+ seater, and most of their fans are middle aged so there will not be a desperate tussle to see them. The demand will have been artificially inflated by a few touts out to make a fast buck. Just wait a few weeks and keep a cool head!
there are about 30 tickets left at the Palladium as of tonight - so get in quick if you haven't already!
https://tickets.lwtheatres.co.uk/en-GB/ ... 1545956259

Benny0911

Post by Benny0911 » 30 Dec 2018, 12:19

I will be at palladium. They'll play also two shows in Germany but I prefer too see them in uk...

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 30 Dec 2018, 13:58

I reckon a pre gig drink is on the cards before the palladium gig. Be great to say hello to you guys in person!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

stephen

Post by stephen » 18 Jan 2019, 09:13

They just got announced at Rock Werchter. Had a feeling they would play there.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 18 Jan 2019, 11:53

They also added a second date in Paris because the first one is already sold out - 27 May, Bataclan.

Rock Werchter 29 June.

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 18 Jan 2019, 13:56

Both The Good, The Bad and The Queen concerts in Germany were moved to bigger venues (sadly not as nice as the original ones):
2 June, Berlin - from Heimathafen Neukölln to Astra Kulturhaus
3 June, Hamburg - from Mojo Club to Grosse Freiheit 36

rich

Post by rich » 18 Jan 2019, 16:42

Does anyone know when in "June-July" Les Nuits de Fourviere TGTB&TQ gig (in Lyon) takes place?
the website isn't particularly helpful at the moment :? https://www.nuitsdefourviere.com/programme#musique

I might be heading to the south of France in June and it would be cool to catch the gig on the way...
It looks like it's in a Roman amphitheatre...

lumaka

Post by lumaka » 18 Jan 2019, 18:55

Rich, I wish I know! (I'll be in France 2 or 3 weeks in July). The dates will be announced on March 12th.