New Graham Coxon message board!

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

loveinthe90s

Re: New Graham Coxon message board!

Post by loveinthe90s » 18 Sep 2019, 20:20

Apparently the "new" message board got wiped clean again and was replaced by https://www.grahamcoxon.com/forum only days ago. However https://www.grahamcoxon.com seems to have gone through a proper makeover.
Last edited by loveinthe90s on 18 Sep 2019, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

rich

Post by rich » 18 Sep 2019, 21:23

hmm - I'm not surprised - I dabbled in the GC forum last year and found it full of depressing right wing rants - about as far away from Graham as you could get...

loveinthe90s

Post by loveinthe90s » 18 Sep 2019, 21:48

rich wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 21:23
hmm - I'm not surprised - I dabbled in the GC forum last year and found it full of depressing right wing rants - about as far away from Graham as you could get...
Oh I didn't know that, I wasn't checking that forum regularly. It's a shame the original forum is gone.
I'm a bit curious though, why's this sudden effort into his official site? He was more active last year with the acoustic tour, and there were only tour dates online. Also I remember last year he said he couldn't find a record label to release his material, so now who's managing his site?

stephen

Post by stephen » 19 Sep 2019, 08:01

loveinthe90s wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 21:48
rich wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 21:23
Oh I didn't know that, I wasn't checking that forum regularly. It's a shame the original forum is gone.
I'm a bit curious though, why's this sudden effort into his official site? He was more active last year with the acoustic tour, and there were only tour dates online. Also I remember last year he said he couldn't find a record label to release his material, so now who's managing his site?
Well it's a wix site for starters so that gives you an idea on budget but the effort in his site will probably due to the fact that end of the fucking world second season is about to start.

This is what the admin said about the old forum
That forum had its merits but it was not a place that many people wanted to join. I'd like to think this forum can be a place where you can relax and unwind, a place to share your passion for Graham's music or talk about other likes or interests that you might have. x
Oh dear.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 25 Sep 2019, 07:06

I'm giving it a chance.

The idea to attempt to capitalise on the demographic of people who love Graham AND Tommy Robinson was clearly a misstep, with hindsight. A clean slate isn't a bad idea.

FWIW when the official forum got closed down I asked Veikko whether he'd consider giving Graham a page here. The answer was "no", sadly.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 25 Sep 2019, 07:11

- I've just checked the private messages. That reply makes Veikko look more uncooperative than he actually was. The actual response was more "everyone's welcome, but we'e a quiet board and I'd prefer to keep all Blur related chat ion the Blur page." Which was fair enough, really.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

loveinthe90s

Post by loveinthe90s » 05 Nov 2019, 14:18

Some old music videos are reuploaded for https://www.grahamcoxon.com.

The Folding

Post by The Folding » 07 Nov 2019, 20:39

I'm surprised this board was promoted on Veikkos page. It was nothing short of a racist, uneducated charged rant under the guise of a reputable musician. Glad to see its at least broken up. But shame on those who supported the regime whom I assume is still managing it

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 10 Nov 2019, 11:48

The Folding wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 20:39
But shame on those who supported the regime whom I assume is still managing it
Hell no.

I just want to make it clear that no one supported it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 10 Nov 2019, 22:00

What she said... I've been posting there for years, and I found myself adopting the role of resident liberal type who didn't actually think Donald Trump's right about anything. I used it and engaged, but I'm not going to be shamed for supporting views which I clearly didn't, thank you very much.

It was just a shame that the original forum in Graham's own webspace got closed down. Then again, maybe it wasn't. Forums seem as popular with the kids these days as a form of communication as CB radios and carrier pigeons.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

The Folding

Post by The Folding » 12 Nov 2019, 13:18

If it seemed I suggested they were your views, I'm sorry. Certainly wasn't my intention. Maybe a blanket ban on posting would have been better if you didn't agree though. Cause from the outside, if people still use the forum its kinda a blind eye. Someone I know from FB was particularly upset when she was belittled for her gender and possibly for not being English. That's the thing here, it was hard to prove but the undertones were there and it was enough to upset her doubled with the political views of the admin.
Cheers rubber duck