New Graham Coxon message board!

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Indiana

New Graham Coxon message board!

Post by Indiana » 03 Oct 2017, 14:47

Hello there,

As you might already know the Graham Coxon message board met an untimely end last week.

We've taken the initiative to start a new one and would really appreciate your support, do feel free to join us there!

http://www.grahamcoxon.com/

Thank you! x

2020sound

Re: New Graham Coxon message board!

Post by 2020sound » 03 Oct 2017, 22:41

no offense - but what is the point of a graham coxon forum at this point? forums are generally dead (and graham obviously wasn't arsed in keeping the other one) and he is inactive as a solo artist anyway and doesn't appear to have any interest or motivation in releasing music. what is there to talk about? surely it'd be better to keep any discussion on this blur forum?

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 04 Oct 2017, 08:21

2020sound wrote:no offense - but what is the point of a graham coxon forum at this point? forums are generally dead (and graham obviously wasn't arsed in keeping the other one) and he is inactive as a solo artist anyway and doesn't appear to have any interest or motivation in releasing music. what is there to talk about? surely it'd be better to keep any discussion on this blur forum?
None taken, but I doubt very much the decision to pull the old forum was Graham's or that he even knew about it - to assume that he "couldn't be arsed" to keep it is perhaps a tad harsh when we don't really know the facts.

Likewise, we don't know what he is or isn't motivated to do. As an artist I'm sure he's plenty busy creating, experimenting and generally honing his craft - so perhaps best to not jump to conclusions on that one either.

As I said, we are a group of very nice friendly people from the old board who want to keep the old GC magic alive :lol: Anyone interested is very much welcome to join us :D

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 04 Oct 2017, 11:54

2020sound wrote:no offense - but what is the point of a graham coxon forum at this point? forums are generally dead (and graham obviously wasn't arsed in keeping the other one) and he is inactive as a solo artist anyway and doesn't appear to have any interest or motivation in releasing music. what is there to talk about? surely it'd be better to keep any discussion on this blur forum?

Maybe we enjoy keeping in touch and chatting about other things? The old forum closed without any warning because the old software was deemed a 'security risk' by the hosting provider. That's all.

I think you need to go back and re-read GC's response to your previous sanctimonious post about his career. I'm too busy to type anything more right now!

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 04 Oct 2017, 17:50

Good luck with the new board! It's great that you want to keep the community alive and kicking!

cleverNever

Post by cleverNever » 05 Oct 2017, 09:09

As far as I saw, no one actually posted on the old forum for 1 or 2 years. It was more a small knit group of friends and whilst always welcoming, it was hard to really get in with the main core.
Nevertheless good luck with it. Likewise, its nice that people migrated here from the old forum, although personally I was more of a lurker

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 05 Oct 2017, 09:36

Veikko wrote:Good luck with the new board! It's great that you want to keep the community alive and kicking!
Thank you! :)

Thank you also clevernever, yes I realise it must feel a bit intimidating when it's a close-knit group of people but we are very friendly honestly, do feel free to join!

rich

Post by rich » 05 Oct 2017, 12:06

I've just signed up... :)

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 05 Oct 2017, 13:30

Welcome aboard, Rich!

(Your Mode video is fantastic, btw.)

cleverNever

Post by cleverNever » 05 Oct 2017, 17:05

Sorry to sway off slightly, but what happened to the Gorillaz unofficial forum?

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 05 Oct 2017, 23:26

cleverNever wrote:Sorry to sway off slightly, but what happened to the Gorillaz unofficial forum?
I've been wondering about that. Wasn't the case last time that 2J hadn't paid for it in some time? Could be the case again. Which is sad, especially with new Gorillaz tunes on the horizon (new album and super deluxe humanz.)

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 06 Oct 2017, 07:30

rich wrote:I've just signed up... :)
Great! :D

vitekm

Post by vitekm » 07 Oct 2017, 09:07

you should take a look on his twitter for latest news, mate. New TV series score, new cover of Syd Barrett. Maybe there´s more to come.

stephen

Post by stephen » 11 Oct 2017, 11:37

aldamasta wrote:
cleverNever wrote:Sorry to sway off slightly, but what happened to the Gorillaz unofficial forum?
I've been wondering about that. Wasn't the case last time that 2J hadn't paid for it in some time? Could be the case again. Which is sad, especially with new Gorillaz tunes on the horizon (new album and super deluxe humanz.)
hmm that is a bit strange.

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 11 Oct 2017, 17:48

vitekm wrote:
you should take a look on his twitter for latest news, mate. New TV series score, new cover of Syd Barrett. Maybe there´s more to come.
It's bloody good too, the boy's done good.