Blur's setlists going forward

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Pavlich

Blur's setlists going forward

Post by Pavlich » 24 May 2017, 08:37

Let's say the band themselves, Blur, decide to get into it again and give it another go.

With this hypothetical they wouldn't have an album out, they'd simply be testing the waters or getting back in to playing shows as an entry point.

Or, maybe there's a brand new record out – it's up to you.

What setlist would you love to see? What is likely? What songs should go out and what is overdue to come in? Got a new idea of a basic template that changes up spots that were always 'obvious' locks and placements for certain mainstays?

If the band ever came back and made a record I would love to see them play a bunch of smaller, 2000-ish capacity shows across the United Kingdom and a few in Europe to really kick off the tour cycle. They'd open up and play the album start to finish and then return for another 10, 11 songs with an encore following. Most songs would be the same but I'd have a few spots open to rotation; nothing too bold but a return for say I think that'd be a refreshing way for them to tour and also allow them to thank England, in a way.

New album, played front to back
-
01 Beetlebum
02 Go Out/Lonesome Street/On The Way to the Club
03 Song 2
04 End of a Century
05 Coffee & TV/Out of Time/Good Song/Young & Lovely
06 Ghost Ship/Ambulance
07 Jubilee
08 Sunday Sunday/Ong Ong
09 Charmless Man/It Could Be You/Stereotypes
10 Parklife
11 Strange News From Another Star/Death of a Party/Battery In Your Leg/Sweet Song
12 This is a Low
-
13 Sing/Tender/She's So High
14 Girls & Boys
15 The Universal

sara-m-a

Re: Blur's setlists going forward

Post by sara-m-a » 24 May 2017, 13:25

They need to lay down parklife as a whole, except for trouble in the message centre and london loves, the rest I can live without... it's been heard to a tiring point. On the other hand... they need to delve into the rest of the albums, Ambulance being criminally ignored for instance

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 24 May 2017, 13:53

Yes, yes, yes! Ambulance needs a go with Graham! It's totally puzzled me that they haven't given it a look in since 2008.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 24 May 2017, 16:49

on the way to the club would have to go later in the set somewhere
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 25 May 2017, 01:18

"Fool's Day" must be performed live! I think it could be epic..... "Go Out" to me has since become the best concert opener (worked so perfectly at Hyde Park)....."Bugman", "Coping", and some rare B-sides should be considered as well....

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 May 2017, 01:41

Songs I definitely want included next time around:

Ambulance, Ice Cream Man, Blue Jeans, Essex Dogs, High Cool, Bang, Battery In Your Leg, On The Way To The Club, Some Glad Morning.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Moritz

Post by Moritz » 25 May 2017, 17:36

It would be cool to hear some early b-sides stuff like Inertia or Explain. Coping and Bank Holiday would be also nice. And for the intro, an instrumental like Lot 105 or Theme from Retro, like they did on the 2013 tour.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 26 May 2017, 04:34

I cannot believe I overlooked "CSBM" earlier! However, unfortunately Damon obviously still cannot hit those falsettos. I was so glad they pulled out "Badhead" when I saw them!

3d

Post by 3d » 03 Jun 2017, 10:31

i think an interactive online studio gig would be awesome.. maybe for some anniversay..

fans poll.for half the songs and the band choose the other half.. no hits allowed ><

its criminal that they've so many good songs that never make it onto playlists..especiallyin the days of youtoob where you can watchso many performances.. its frustrating to see parklife 10000000 different times but resigned isnt there once ..

im allowed a moan, right? =_=

but yeah, after watching graham's recent gray guitars episodes... it would be soooo good to see something similar with a setlist.. talking about gear.. i could watch it all day

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 07 Jun 2017, 03:12

Pleasant Education live would be awesome (and impossible).

I'd be more than happy with Sing, Inertia, Shimmer, Chemical World, Badhead, This Is A Low(my fave song), Best Days, Look Inside America, Essex Dogs, Bugman, Battle, Pyongyang, etc.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 20 Jun 2017, 20:23

If you're having Pleasant Education Jaime, I want Cross Channel Love and *whisper it* Orbit's Under The Westway. :P

MannMedic

Post by MannMedic » 21 Jun 2017, 01:54

On the Way to the Club would be great to hear, as well as Oily Water or He Thought of Cars. So many possibilities! :)
Just your average country sad ballad man!