i can't take it anymore ...

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

3d

i can't take it anymore ...

Post by 3d » 16 May 2017, 17:09

just found this from Damon's 2014 tour..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uqm6TJ0QE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hadn't seen it, love the song but a few seconds in clocked the guitarist & thought .. oh fuck.. please no slide guitar.. =.= .. you guessed it..

totally nothing against the guy & no offence intended but why the fuck are all Damon's songs on this tour puked on with slide guitar?..

even the puke is playing slide guitar..

for eg.. tomorrow comes today .. grr

i think it works on kingdom of doom but it's OTFT.. difficult for me to watch these gigs :(

again... no offence, i'm sure he's a nice guy but guitar on this tour kills me +_+

metalhipslop

Re: i can't take it anymore ...

Post by metalhipslop » 16 May 2017, 17:31

I know what you mean. It wasn't bad when it was new on the PB tour but afterwards it sounds the same in every song. He even does it on Saturnz barz live. Sliding the same notes he does on tomorrow comes today
Doesn't really make shows unwatchable... just not huge fan of the slide guitar when it's overdone
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 May 2017, 20:10

That isn't slide guitar, that's just dragging a slide up and down the strings randomly with no apparent aim in mind when doing so. Terrible. I'm not a fan of Everyday Robots and I've barely listened to any of the shows from that tour, and this gives me another reason not to watch or listen.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

3d

Post by 3d » 16 May 2017, 20:38

funnily enough i got into everyday robots this year.. really like it.. think a song like you and me could have been on 13....
and revisiting the magic whip.. it's keeping well..

ive not listened yet too much the new gorillaz album but i'll get round to it..
just frustrating to hear that same slide move over so many good songs that just don't need it..
a quick flick on youtube there..
slow country, tomorrow comes today, poison, el manana, on melancholy hill, all your life...

he's gotta be trolling or winging it

anyways, hate to bitch... but it shredded my nerves =_=

Edit: the bass player oozes cool

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 16 May 2017, 20:49

3d wrote:just found this from Damon's 2014 tour..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uqm6TJ0QE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hadn't seen it, love the song but a few seconds in clocked the guitarist & thought .. oh fuck.. please no slide guitar.. =.= .. you guessed it..

totally nothing against the guy & no offence intended but why the fuck are all Damon's songs on this tour puked on with slide guitar?..

even the puke is playing slide guitar..

for eg.. tomorrow comes today .. grr

i think it works on kingdom of doom but it's OTFT.. difficult for me to watch these gigs :(

again... no offence, i'm sure he's a nice guy but guitar on this tour kills me +_+
OMG, I watched that video a couple of hours ago and I thought the exact same thing! NOT THE FUCKING SLIDE GUITAR AGAIN!!! And he's doing it in the latest Gorillaz performances as well. Which makes me wonder, why the hell is he even there? Humanz has basically no guitars on it.

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 17 May 2017, 14:38

It sounds really good in that performance... sounds like such longing and melancholy... I loved the setlists Damon was doing in that time; it was basically a greatest hits show and he was playing some songs you would never ever hear if you went to see the band proper (All Your Life for Blur, Spitting Out The Demons for Gorillaz). Songs like Out of Time got a piano treatment. He was doing a few things really well.

It would have been fun to see live and I'd make an effort to see a solo show again if it comes around on a solo circuit again.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 17 May 2017, 19:48

I'm not huge on the slide guitar or whatever it may be, but I really like that performance of Sunset Coming On. And I agree, his 2014 setlists were just wonderful. I love the Royal Albert Hall live CDs. Just take a look at the setlist! http://www.vblurpage.com/gigography/dam ... _royal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3d

Post by 3d » 17 May 2017, 21:06

I was unable to go to the shows.. setlists were niiiice.. all your life..fuck!
but its like a wet dream of damon❜s songs being overdubbed with freddy krueger❜s fingernails
scratching a "chalkboard"... please excuse any potential racism towards chalk