Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sales

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby aldamasta » 13 May 2017, 15:33

That is very exciting news! Well, if they couldn't get to #1 in the UK or US, I guess I'll settle for #1 in the world ;) 260,000 is a really good number, right? Seems like Humanz is almost universally more commercially and critically successful than PB thus far. Or, at least, is on track to be.
aldamasta

Postby Forever Low Man » 13 May 2017, 15:42

Sledge Hammer wrote:c(rap)

and you wonder why we don't take you seriously
Forever Low Man

Postby tender » 13 May 2017, 16:34

idreamofpikas wrote:
And yet world wide it is doing fine. More than double the sales that the Magic Whip had in its first week http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week20-2015.htm To put it into perspective that is more than the Magic Whip made in its first month in sales. Amazingly it even slightly outperformed the Plastic Beach's first week sales.

It should also be remembered that a good portion of these were the deluxe version of the album. Financially this album should easily make more money than the Magic Whip did.

Humanz will likely make more money than The Magic Whip but it also probably costs more , to tour and promote but in contrast The Magic Whip did get to No. 1 in the Uk with little promo in comparison to Humanz ( promo being the apps, the sponsored shows, etc)

According to Parlophone chief , they released 4 singles to show the diversity of the album but as many have pointed it´s the no radio play what is missing.
tender

Postby Consigliere_11 » 15 May 2017, 21:08

tom_cas1 wrote:Yeah that sucks ass, I blame Damon'a blatant laziness when it comes to promotion. Where is he now? Writing a new TGTB&TQ album. As much as I want a new album from them surely it can wait a month or so? Lazy. Pathetic.

I think you're being a bit too harsh on Damon. The point of Gorillaz lies exactly in the fact that Damon could play one of the least roles in the promotion - just do the TV live performances and a couple of interviews - and that's it! The main focus lies on those characters that are associated with the band and I think it is a big misstep on the part of the label/Jamie or whoever works on that - those characters were not used heavily enough! Yes, it is pretty cool that 2D and Murdoc appeared on a couple of sites over the week, but the promotion could have been so much better! We have seen some seeds of it - like the "Gorillaz" curated playlists and some articles that involve Noodle, something along those lines. Modern technology and social networks are at their peak for the overall concept of the virtual band - but right now everyone involved is losing a huge opportunity to capitalize on that momentum, IMO.

In other words, the sooner new TGTB&TQ record comes, the better :lol:
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)
Consigliere_11

Postby Rubi » 15 May 2017, 21:38

It's the music videos, guys! When it comes to Gorillaz there's no better promotion than music videos. Saturnz Barz alone wasn't enough. We should have had another single (Andromeda) accompanied by a video before the album was released. Simple as.
Rubi

Postby tom_cas1 » 16 May 2017, 01:35

I like to think more singles will be released at the start of the tour and then through it. Surely they wouldn't be so stupid as to not do that?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Mark72 » 16 May 2017, 18:00

Gorillaz Humanz drops to number 9 in billboard chart
http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200
Mark72

Postby tom_cas1 » 16 May 2017, 21:12

Predictable with the lack of promotion since the release date. That's what happens when Damon would prefer to record another album than promote the one he just released.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Rubi » 16 May 2017, 21:45

tom_cas1 wrote:Predictable with the lack of promotion since the release date. That's what happens when Damon would prefer to record another album than promote the one he just released.

You're starting to sound like a broken record. :lol:
Rubi

Postby Forever Low Man » 16 May 2017, 21:59

Rubi wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Predictable with the lack of promotion since the release date. That's what happens when Damon would prefer to record another album than promote the one he just released.

You're starting to sound like a broken record. :lol:

starting?
Forever Low Man

Postby Caitlin » 16 May 2017, 22:10

Tom's not too bad... unless he starts telling us how much be hates rap. :lol:
Caitlin

Postby Neal Zeal » 16 May 2017, 22:16

aldamasta wrote:That is very exciting news! Well, if they couldn't get to #1 in the UK or US, I guess I'll settle for #1 in the world ;) 260,000 is a really good number, right? Seems like Humanz is almost universally more commercially and critically successful than PB thus far. Or, at least, is on track to be.

Yeah, it's an odd one. The world album chart is pretty much ignored by the music press but you'd think it's the most important one of all!
As for critical success, it's currently on the same overall score as Plastic Beach i.e. 77 (out of 100). This is higer than Gorillaz (71) but lower than Demon Days (82) but still a very good score.
Neal Zeal

PreviousNext

Return to Blur