Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sales

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sales

Postby Neal Zeal » 01 May 2017, 22:53

OK to have a separate thread on this? Apols if not...
For context:
Gorillaz peaked at no. 3 in the UK with 1 million UK sales and 7 million world wide
Demon Days - no. 1 in the UK, 1.8 million UK sales and 8 million worldwide
Plastic Beach - no. 2 in the UK, 500,000 UK sales, 1.3 million worldwide

For Humanz, I predict...
no. 3 in the UK, 200,000 UK sales, 0.5 million worldwide
(this is assuming it has no radio-friendly singles - if there is at least one, you can double these figures).
Neal Zeal
 
Posts: 239
Joined: 17 Oct 2014, 16:43

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Mark72 » 01 May 2017, 23:16

I'm going for No. 3 UK and No. 5 USA.
Image
User avatar
Mark72
 
Posts: 972
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Oxford. U.K.

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Veikko » 01 May 2017, 23:17

Neal Zeal wrote:no. 3 in the UK, 200,000 UK sales, 0.5 million worldwide


That sounds about right, although I would predict a little higher worldwide sales (considering even The Magic Whip sold around 0.35 million without any remarkable singles).
User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
 
Posts: 677
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 19:44
Location: Finland

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby aldamasta » 02 May 2017, 01:25

I'm still hoping for #1 on both sides of the pond, but I've few guesses on sales. I don't pay enough attention to sales to make a good guess. Maybe 1 million worldwide? So I suppose my prediction will be my hope, #1 both countries.
User avatar
aldamasta
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Rubi » 02 May 2017, 09:44

Wait, Damon's solo got to #2 whereas The Magic Whip got straight to #1, but Gorillaz which are much more popular won't get to #1? That makes no sense.
Image
User avatar
Rubi
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 20:54
Location: Under the Westway

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Neal Zeal » 02 May 2017, 11:43

Rubi wrote:Wait, Damon's solo got to #2 whereas The Magic Whip got straight to #1, but Gorillaz which are much more popular won't get to #1? That makes no sense.


Depends what you mean by much more popular, Rubi?
In the UK, Demon Days sold more than any Blur album but the other Gorillaz albums didn't. Most Blur albums outsold Plastic Beach. There are about 12-15 Blur songs that pick up frequent airplay (over once a week) on UK radio - there are only 3 or 4 Gorillaz songs that do likewise. I've heard things are different in the US, but in the UK it would be hard to make the case that Gorillaz are a bigger act than Blur.
Neal Zeal
 
Posts: 239
Joined: 17 Oct 2014, 16:43

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby idreamofpikas » 02 May 2017, 12:47

Neal Zeal wrote:
Rubi wrote:Wait, Damon's solo got to #2 whereas The Magic Whip got straight to #1, but Gorillaz which are much more popular won't get to #1? That makes no sense.


Depends what you mean by much more popular, Rubi?
In the UK, Demon Days sold more than any Blur album but the other Gorillaz albums didn't. Most Blur albums outsold Plastic Beach. There are about 12-15 Blur songs that pick up frequent airplay (over once a week) on UK radio - there are only 3 or 4 Gorillaz songs that do likewise. I've heard things are different in the US, but in the UK it would be hard to make the case that Gorillaz are a bigger act than Blur.


Demon Days 6 times Platinum
Park Life 4 times Platinum
Gorillaz and The Great Escape both went triple Platinum
Plastic Beach, Blur and 13 went Platinum
Think Tank, The Magic Whip, Leisure and MLiR all went Gold.

Feel Good Inc & Clint Eastwood both went Platinum
Country House, Tender, Song 2 all went Gold
Dare, Dirty Harry, 19-2000, Rock the House, Girls & Boys, Parklife, Beetlebum and The Universal all went Silver.

They are roughly equal in terms of sales in the UK, Blur may well have the edge but there is not too much difference. Worldwide is a different matter altogether though

Overall there is not too much difference in terms of sales in the UK
idreamofpikas
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 05 May 2015, 16:02

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Styopa » 02 May 2017, 13:40

idreamofpikas wrote:
Neal Zeal wrote:
Rubi wrote:Wait, Damon's solo got to #2 whereas The Magic Whip got straight to #1, but Gorillaz which are much more popular won't get to #1? That makes no sense.


Depends what you mean by much more popular, Rubi?
In the UK, Demon Days sold more than any Blur album but the other Gorillaz albums didn't. Most Blur albums outsold Plastic Beach. There are about 12-15 Blur songs that pick up frequent airplay (over once a week) on UK radio - there are only 3 or 4 Gorillaz songs that do likewise. I've heard things are different in the US, but in the UK it would be hard to make the case that Gorillaz are a bigger act than Blur.


Demon Days 6 times Platinum
Park Life 4 times Platinum
Gorillaz and The Great Escape both went triple Platinum
Plastic Beach, Blur and 13 went Platinum
Think Tank, The Magic Whip, Leisure and MLiR all went Gold.

Feel Good Inc & Clint Eastwood both went Platinum
Country House, Tender, Song 2 all went Gold
Dare, Dirty Harry, 19-2000, Rock the House, Girls & Boys, Parklife, Beetlebum and The Universal all went Silver.

They are roughly equal in terms of sales in the UK, Blur may well have the edge but there is not too much difference. Worldwide is a different matter altogether though

Overall there is not too much difference in terms of sales in the UK


This is interesting. But surely Girls & Boys, Parklife, Beetlebum and The Universal are far better known, and receive more airplay than any of Dirty Harry, 19-2000 and Rock The House. In the UK at least.

In fact whilst Feel Good Inc & Clint Eastwood are undeniable bona fide hits, Gorillaz have probably released only two other songs (Dare and Melancholy Hill) which are anything close to being as well known in the UK as The Universal or Parklife, or Girls & Boys or Beetlebum.

As mentioned above, Blur have a whole host of singles that receive regular UK airplay and have done so for a great number of years and Gorillaz are not really comparable at this point.
Styopa
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 23 Apr 2015, 12:08

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Sledge Hammer » 02 May 2017, 13:44

Who are this Gorillaz you speak of?

Blur will be remembered years from now....
Image
User avatar
Sledge Hammer
 
Posts: 631
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 07:30

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby tom_cas1 » 02 May 2017, 15:16

DARE and Dirty Harry were huge in the UK upon release, On Melancholy Hill wasn't. Nothing from Plastic Beach was.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Sledge Hammer » 02 May 2017, 15:37

TEST
Last edited by Sledge Hammer on 02 May 2017, 15:42, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Sledge Hammer
 
Posts: 631
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 07:30

Re: Humanz - predict chart position and UK/international sal

Postby Sledge Hammer » 02 May 2017, 15:38

Sledge Hammer wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:DARE and Dirty Harry were huge in the UK upon release, On Melancholy Hill wasn't. Nothing from Plastic Beach was.


Dare and Feel Good Inc are the only big singles and all you ever hear repeated on radio, Dirty Harry...got to no 6 and left the charts quickly and isn't well know by non Gorillaz fans at all, you are also going to find that nothing from Humanz will be big either.
Image
User avatar
Sledge Hammer
 
Posts: 631
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 07:30

Next

Return to Blur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests