New The Good, The Bad and the Queen album

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: New The Good, The Bad and the Queen album

Postby Dom » 26 May 2017, 23:20

daii wrote:"I'm recording with TGTBTQ and its a completely acoustic thing. There are some keyboards but it's more like piano and a Hammond organ" https://twitter.com/DamonUnofficial/sta ... 9689319424

yas :P

I am resigned to the fact that Damon dont care about blur anymore and I quite like gbq. But come on, if he wants to do an acoustic album, is there a good reason to not make it with Graham, considering his achievements with The Spinning Top?
Dom

Postby davidsutter » 26 May 2017, 23:38

Graham's probably working on his solo stuff right now.
And Dave's an elected official.
I wouldn't worry about their working relationship.
I mean, In the mid-2000s did you ever think Graham would be doing stuff for Gorillaz?
davidsutter

Postby Dom » 27 May 2017, 00:27

davidsutter wrote:Graham's probably working on his solo stuff right now.

Let's hope so! It's been 5 years since his last album, the biggest recording hiatus since 98!

davidsutter wrote:And Dave's an elected official.
I wouldn't worry about their working relationship.
I mean, In the mid-2000s did you ever think Graham would be doing stuff for Gorillaz?

Well, I just think Graham would make it definitely much better than Tong. The first album wasn't guitar centered, so that wasn't a big deal, but now this is an acoustic thing, and Graham did improve his skills on that... but here I am complaining about it not being blur, that's old! :lol:
Dom

Postby tom_cas1 » 27 May 2017, 04:08

Tong is an excellent guitarist. Just because he has a different style than Graham doesn't make him a worse guitarist. Tong with TGTB&TQ is excellent and I wouldn't have anyone else in the band.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Rubi » 27 May 2017, 12:21

tom_cas1 wrote:Tong is an excellent guitarist. Just because he has a different style than Graham doesn't make him a worse guitarist. Tong with TGTB&TQ is excellent and I wouldn't have anyone else in the band.

Did you just compare Simon Tong to Graham Coxon?
Rubi

Postby Simon le bon » 28 May 2017, 10:38

TGTBATQ would be sooooooo much better with graham...
Juste the idea of graham sharing the stage with Paul simonon...<3
Simon le bon

Postby tom_cas1 » 30 May 2017, 20:25

Saying Graham would be better with TGTB&TQ is load of bollocks, I'm sorry. And just because you say he's the better guitarist doesn't mean he'd fit better. Hendrix is/was better than Graham, but he wouldn't fit in Blur very well. Just like Graham wouldn't fit in TGTB&TQ. Tong does.

Come on.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Forever Low Man » 30 May 2017, 20:32

coxon > hendrix
Forever Low Man

Postby bugman » 30 May 2017, 20:43

Frusciante>coxon ;D
bugman

Postby metalhipslop » 30 May 2017, 20:50

coxon > all. that's my opinion but i'm not really a guitar nerd so what do I know.
i think it's fair to say the good the bad and the queen would/could be better with graham. he and damon have a chemistry that is unmatched. and with graham's shown folk guitar playing skills on the spinning top i think it could work well. but simon tong is great too and is part of the band... so.. just bringing it up seems like some blur fans are still mad at him for filling in graham respectfully during the think tank tour
metalhipslop

Postby davidsutter » 31 May 2017, 18:25

idk, i don't think the songs from GBQ would have given graham enough room to stretch

kinda like the stuff he did in the think tank era. the drums, bass and keyboards are already filling it out so he wouldn't have as much to do.
davidsutter

Postby 101reykjavik » 01 Jun 2017, 17:26

TGTBATQ would be different with Graham, that's for sure. Better is a value judgement that depends on what you want from the project. I just wonder if Damon and Graham working together under that banner might nudge it just a touch nearer to Blur and I want TGTBATQ to be a totally distinctive thing. I'm happy with Tong.
101reykjavik

PreviousNext

Return to Blur