New The Good, The Bad and the Queen album

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

New The Good, The Bad and the Queen album

Postby Daysleeper » 10 Apr 2017, 13:54

Looks like this could finally happening, although it is Damon saying it.

Any new Blur material certainly looks a long way away at this stage, if there was to be any!

http://www.nme.com/news/music/good-bad- ... um-2043601
Daysleeper

Re: New The Good, The Bad and the Queen album

Postby rich » 10 Apr 2017, 14:09

Daysleeper wrote:Looks like this could finally happening, although it is Damon saying it.
Any new Blur material certainly looks a long way away at this stage, if there was to be any!
http://www.nme.com/news/music/good-bad- ... um-2043601

OK - so this is someone at the NME reading what someone at Consequences of Sound wrote when they read the Q article :roll:
up your arse music journalism as usual...

I know Damon loves multitasking but he wouldnt be silly enough to drop a new GBQ album on us just as Gorillaz is taking off again - or would he ;)
Last edited by rich on 10 Apr 2017, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
He thought of cars and where, where to drive them...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405
rich

Postby tom_cas1 » 10 Apr 2017, 16:13

I got very excited when I read that this morning, the only thing that I'd accept putting Blur off by another year is a new album from TGTG&TQ. Long overdue, 10 years since the debut! Can't believe it's been that long. Please please please! :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby vitekm » 10 Apr 2017, 16:42

New TGTG&TQ in 2019 (after 12 years, same gap as between TT and TMW), new Blur in 2021 (6 years after TMW, 30 years after Leisure). Seems perfectly possible to me :-)
vitekm

Postby davidsutter » 10 Apr 2017, 17:22

rich wrote:I know Damon loves multitasking but he wouldnt be silly enough to drop a new GBQ album on us just as Gorillaz is taking off again - or would he ;)

The first GBQ didn't come too long after Demon Days, iirc..
davidsutter

Postby bugman » 10 Apr 2017, 17:33

davidsutter wrote:
rich wrote:I know Damon loves multitasking but he wouldnt be silly enough to drop a new GBQ album on us just as Gorillaz is taking off again - or would he ;)

The first GBQ didn't come too long after Demon Days, iirc..

but damon worked on this album in 2004 and 90% material he deleted (only survived 2 tracks if i have a good memory...)
bugman

Postby 101reykjavik » 10 Apr 2017, 22:15

I just can't believe it's 10 years ago. I loved that album, though I loved it live more. If Damon could pull off something similar I'd be in seventh heaven.
101reykjavik

Postby tom_cas1 » 10 Apr 2017, 22:46

Ditto. And then a tour playing small venues like they did last time as well. The Bristol show was absolutely brilliant!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby munch » 12 Apr 2017, 11:41

id love this! but come on damon, let gorillaz actually happen first before you start talkin about other things :lol:
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man
munch

Postby daii » 12 Apr 2017, 13:25

is Tony Visconti going to be the producer? damon said he is planning to work with him and paul simonon in "something"
daii

Postby 101reykjavik » 12 Apr 2017, 21:45

daii wrote:is Tony Visconti going to be the producer? damon said he is planning to work with him and paul simonon in "something"

I'd like to hope so, but who knows! That could easily be referring to something else, Damon's side project no. 1,034. The man doesn't stop.
101reykjavik

Postby Pavlich » 17 Apr 2017, 02:48

Damon must be the worst person from a marketing perspective (not that Eleven Management are any good themselves), constantly talking about his next projects when the current one is barely out... I guess that's what you get with a bloke with a bit of an ego, way too much time, a penchant for experimentation, a scattergun approach, and about five possible projects he could take up.

I haven't given a huge amount of time to the first album but I like the concept and think it is a very tidy little record, but I like the idea of it being a singular record, just nine songs and half an hour and that's that. Brexit is a nice starting point and keeps in line with the British concept album narrative, but eh, I like the idea of it being a one-off.

But I am someone who loved Everyday Robots and would love to see Damon do more as a solo artist, so...
Pavlich

Next

Return to Blur