THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE QUEEN THREAD

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: New The Good, The Bad and the Queen album

Postby daii » 15 Jul 2017, 13:07

Tony Visconti is going to be the producer

The Good, The Bad & The Queen with Tony Visconti
Along with Gorillaz, where he creates more from his iPad, Damon Albarn continues to be active with The Good, The Bad & The Queen, a quartet with a more classical approach to writing, where he evolves with Former Clash Paul Simonon, ex-Verve -Simon Tong and drummer Tony Allen. “I do not really distinguish between how to do it on one side or the other,” says Albarn. I like both, I am very flexible in this sense. The supergroup will enter the studio in early September with director Tony Visconti, who is known for his work with David Bowie, among others. https://damonalbarnunofficial.wordpress ... july-2017/
daii

Postby TripleJay97 » 15 Jul 2017, 13:24

daii wrote:Tony Visconti is going to be the producer

The Good, The Bad & The Queen with Tony Visconti
Along with Gorillaz, where he creates more from his iPad, Damon Albarn continues to be active with The Good, The Bad & The Queen, a quartet with a more classical approach to writing, where he evolves with Former Clash Paul Simonon, ex-Verve -Simon Tong and drummer Tony Allen. “I do not really distinguish between how to do it on one side or the other,” says Albarn. I like both, I am very flexible in this sense. The supergroup will enter the studio in early September with director Tony Visconti, who is known for his work with David Bowie, among others. https://damonalbarnunofficial.wordpress ... july-2017/

YES
TripleJay97

Postby tom_cas1 » 15 Jul 2017, 14:54

That's huge, wow!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 20 Jul 2017, 06:13

It certainly has potential. I hope all involved can bring something good to fruition. :)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Re: THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE QUEEN THREAD

Postby tom_cas1 » 21 Sep 2017, 15:48

Recording was meant to start at the beginning of this month. God I can't wait to hear this album...
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby stephen » 21 Sep 2017, 16:25

I'm still a little bit skeptical on this. Maybe because I really really REALLY enjoyed the first album (and the gigs).

Damon has dropped quite a lot of hints since April, I won't believe it until I see some actual recording footage. :D .

I can understand the desire for fans to see Graham join in but for me it either Damon+Graham in blur, or not at all.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good
stephen

Postby tom_cas1 » 21 Sep 2017, 16:57

I'm listening to the first album right now and it's bringing back a lot of memories. I can remember the huge discussion on the old forum when Herculean dropped and we got our first taste of Damon's new band. A fresh, yet traditional, sound. Completely different from Blur and Gorillaz which was a huge plus for me.

I definitely don't want Graham involved either. Damon and Graham are in Blur. The thought of him in TGTB&TQ is, frankly, laughable. I can't believe people even suggested that. People can moan and moan about Simon Tong in Blur all they want but TGTB&TQ isn't Blur, and Simon Tong is an integral member. End of.
tom_cas1

Postby metalhipslop » 22 Sep 2017, 04:55

Just the names alone make me so excited and hyped up... Damon Albarn, Paul Simonon, Tony Allen, Simon Tong and TONY VISCONTI( if that ends up being true)... It will be such a fresh of breath air compared to Humanz.. More folk and melancholy

I listened to the album last weekend, out side with the breeze and I almost cried. It's such an amazing album, one of Damon's best works.. Top 3 for sure.
metalhipslop

Postby stephen » 22 Sep 2017, 10:33

Yeah I had the album on yesterday too. If it's even close to that I'd be happy.

Damon should have loads of material to work and a fresh mind seeing as he only made guest appearances with Gorillaz.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good
stephen

Postby Mark72 » 22 Sep 2017, 19:28

So looking forward to 2018....Hopefully.
The Roundhouse gig
https://youtu.be/7LfCO42MN5U

And the only promo I believe...
https://youtu.be/CGAGOXEFVb0
Mark72

Postby lumaka » 23 Sep 2017, 21:03

Interview: Tony Visconti (Part Two), Songwriting magazine

What else have you been up to lately?

(...) I’ve met up with Damon Albarn from Blur and Gorillaz of course, and we’re in talks – that’s looking bright and sunny.
lumaka

Postby 101reykjavik » 07 Oct 2017, 09:20

‘We’re in talks.’

It doesn’t sound like it’s a done deal then by any means. A producer like Visconti is an eye catcher that’s for sure but I suppose we’ll have to see.

I hope and pray this set of songs will live up to the first set. I say set of songs, as that brings as back to producers. Those songs always sounded better in a live setting than whatever it was Brian Burton brought to them. I love that album for Damon’s songs, but I always had this nagging thought that it could have been just a touch better with a different studio recording. Just me maybe, but I do still like listening to the live versions now. Northern Whale was always the one that stood out for me as not quite living up to the live renditions.
101reykjavik

PreviousNext

Return to Blur