GORILLAZ: Tour Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: GORILLAZ: Tour Thread

Postby vitekm » 12 Aug 2017, 22:35

vitekm

Postby daii » 13 Aug 2017, 15:16

the set at outside lands it's on Dime. (but my torrent is not downloading :/
daii

Postby John_d » 21 Aug 2017, 10:31

tom_cas1 wrote:Anyone else feeling hugely underwhelmed by the tour so far? I keep forgetting there is a tour. Seems like a non-event, nothing special. Really disappointing considering how good the album is.

Depends what you mean Tom? What do you feel is missing? Appears to me like there is a more sensible, realistic approach this time i.e. you will get guest spots if the guests are physically nearby. Rather than trying to take 100 people on tour and making "20 quid" by the end of it as Damon memorably claimed. Taking festival spots is probably a far less risky strategy too? I think by the end of the tour (as currently slated) they will have done over 50 gigs, which is not bad, but yes I suppose still pretty shy of the 100 or so you would expect for an act of similar popularity during the course of an album "campaign" ("Phase" in Gorillaz-speak). In 2010 I think they probably played about 60 - 70? So there are perhaps more gigs yet to be announced?

Does anybody know if record cmpanies have any way of checking if a live show by an artist leads to an increase in record sales in the vicinity of the live show during the days following? It's common knowledge that if you get a BRITS nomination it leads to a spike in your UK record sales in January.
John_d

Postby beats » 22 Aug 2017, 21:08

Tour seems pretty good going by the footage I've seen. Going to see them a couple of times in November/December. One wee gripe is what is the squealing all about with Damon? Noticed it on 19/2000. Shut the fuck up man, you sound like a dick!

Minor gripe. They sound great apart from that
beats

Postby Caitlin » 23 Aug 2017, 01:26

I'm an eternal optimist and I'm still holding out hope for some Aussie gigs sometime this decade...

The Falls Festival lineup just got announced, and while there is no Gorillaz, there are Vince Staples and D.R.A.M... Do I dare get excited at the possibility of some Aussie gigs in the New Year?

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... y1a5s.html
Caitlin

Postby aldamasta » 28 Aug 2017, 17:05

Gorillaz are almost certainly going to be touring into 2018, so I bet there's a good chance! There are rumors that Gorillaz will be at SA Lollapalooza, and Damon apparently told a fan that he met whilst vacationing in Mexico that he'll be touring there in March with Gorillaz.
aldamasta

Postby aldamasta » 30 Aug 2017, 20:11

It's official! Gorillaz will be playing in 2018. Just announced a Brazil gig for March 30 in Sao Paulo. Image
aldamasta

Postby sara-m-a » 30 Aug 2017, 22:36

I wish I hadn't bought that lollapalooza ticket... I thought they would play the chilean version, but apparently as stated in several sites they will play a standalone gig
sara-m-a

Postby Forever Low Man » 30 Aug 2017, 23:57

sara-m-a wrote:I wish I hadn't bought that lollapalooza ticket... I thought they would play the chilean version, but apparently as stated in several sites they will play a standalone gig

well i hope you have fun here in the united states
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
Forever Low Man

Postby sara-m-a » 31 Aug 2017, 11:04

I'm not in the states, where'd you get that? :P

Apparently they're playing chile in march, so I bought lolla ticket thinking that would be the venue, turns out the month is indeed march, but different dates. Hence I need to sell that stupid ticket xD
sara-m-a

Postby Forever Low Man » 31 Aug 2017, 13:54

sara-m-a wrote:I'm not in the states, where'd you get that? :P

Apparently they're playing chile in march, so I bought lolla ticket thinking that would be the venue, turns out the month is indeed march, but different dates. Hence I need to sell that stupid ticket xD

i thought lollapalooza was a states thing and youd have to come here for that

i think i misinterpreted what you said :/
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
Forever Low Man

Postby daii » 31 Aug 2017, 15:40

I hope they'll come back to Argentina in March.
daii

PreviousNext

Return to Blur