GORILLAZ: Humanz + The Now Now Tours 2017-2018

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

devoiced

Re: GORILLAZ: Tour Thread

Post by devoiced » 21 Jun 2017, 18:08

Yeah those Telekom shows were advertised explicitly as "album showcases" not normal shows. They were also completly free concerts. The setlists will be different for the regular shows.
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Jun 2017, 21:13

Talking of setlists, I'm listening to D Sides (again...) I wish The Swagga could feature some time. It would rock.

3d

Post by 3d » 24 Jun 2017, 11:13

i enjoyed 5/4... not really bothered about damon not singing it.. thought she was quite sexy... really depends who was doing it i guess..
plus - it wasn't ruined by the "slide of doom" = :P

& yeah, more songs from first album would be nice :idea:

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 05 Jul 2017, 17:13

Just announced...

rich

Post by rich » 09 Jul 2017, 20:10

I see the first US gig went down very well - thanks for the gigography links Vikko :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... olumn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/07/ ... icago-708/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 09 Jul 2017, 23:00

I saw some Snapchat videos last night. They really need to ditch Rhinestone Eyes, it sounds terrible. A decent studio album track but in a live setting it stinks.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 10 Jul 2017, 15:29

oh ya they should totally ditch it because some guy doesn't like how it sounds based on snapchat videos
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Jul 2017, 19:34

Yeah, see I wasn't talking about video quality but the sound of the song in a live setting. It's shit.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 11 Jul 2017, 18:15

Oh I loooove Rhinestone Eyes live! It was wonderful. The crowd singing the "da da da da da, duh duh duh" synth line during the chorus was magical.

The Chicago gig was really great. Full of energy from everybody, band, guests, and crowd alike! Charger was brilliant live as I had suspected, and I was able to touch the heptagram tattoo on Damon's right hand :D got to meet Seye before the gig, and man, what a guy! So nice. Having Little Simz rap on WGTP instead of Jehnny's parts was brilliant... sooooo much better. And Garage Palace was INSANE live! I'm sure I have loads more to say, but instead I'll just try and post a few pics of mine and also cross my fingers that the Philly gig will be even more brilliant.

Oh, and last thing, but Toronto looked amazing. Having Kilo Kish do the vocals on 19-2000 was a genius idea!

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 11 Jul 2017, 18:29

ya the toronto show was amazing last night. I lost it during charger and rhinestone eyes as did everyone around me. so I highly disagree with saying it's shit in a live setting. I was pretty close to the stage where seye stands, didn't get to touch Damon like I hoped during charger :lol:
and strobelight... man that song is so amazing live. I hate to admit it but We Got The Power version I heard last night was the best I have heard out of the album version and other live versions. Having Lil Simz rap over it and the kraut-rocking build up was just amazing. The bell sounded great too in person
the place was packed and so energetic, Damon said he didn't expect it to be like that and said he loves us :) hopefully he will come back to Canada again soon
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

TorontoGary

Post by TorontoGary » 12 Jul 2017, 19:03

19/2000 in Toronto was great (as was the rest of the show). Here's a link to the video I posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4a56CgjcmM

bugman

Post by bugman » 12 Jul 2017, 20:14

TorontoGary wrote:19/2000 in Toronto was great (as was the rest of the show). Here's a link to the video I posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4a56CgjcmM
i don't like song, but this version..... woooow!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 13 Jul 2017, 00:20

https://www.reddit.com/r/gorillaz/comme ... in_boston/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they added a Fall song to the setlist

reports also say Carly Simon is present...
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 13 Jul 2017, 04:08

Carly Simon coming out for Ticker Tape was really special. Oh how I hope to GOD she's in Philly tomorrow!

DO NOT change this setlist! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz ... 46ec8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It is near perfection. Especially keep M1A1 as the opener and 19-2000 with Kilo, cos it's brilliant. I feel like Philly won't get Revolving Doors because Damon said it was made in Boston, so it may have been a Boston only treat. I'm fine with them switching it out for another song off of The Fall, however. Or even better, play another ST song... 5/4 please!

The only song on that setlist that I don't care for is Sex Murder Party, yet it's still great live. Especially with Jamie's visuals, as they're mesmerizing. I'd gladly switch it out for 5/4, Dirty Harry, Plastic Beach, etc.

daii

Post by daii » 13 Jul 2017, 15:17

I'd love to see re-hash and Amarillo.
The Boston setlist it's almost perfect, I'd add "on melancholy hill" and "feel good inc"