Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Forever Low Man

Re: general blur thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 04 Mar 2016, 22:33

from the fan club

why are they liking this shit? the picture's 34x34
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 05 Mar 2016, 00:14

Brilliant!!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 Mar 2016, 01:58

No one's liked any of the other stuff you put on there though. Hugely pixelated pictures of Blur and a tiny one of Liam :lol:

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 05 Mar 2016, 02:09

AdvertBreak wrote:and a tiny one of Liam :lol:
I laughed so hard when I saw that one! :lol:

Anyway, you can say what you want about that page, I'd still rather have pics of Parklife vinyl in every possible angle filling my Facebook home page rather than pics of what my friends have had for lunch or videos of kittens scared of cucumbers (this is for real!!) :lol:

Oh, and though i'm 32, I love Gramon :mrgreen: Ah. Fantasies. No harm. ;)

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 05 Mar 2016, 02:33

yeah, kittens being scared of cucumbers is a thing now, I guess

and I prefer Daham

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 Mar 2016, 04:22

My favourite was the one you quickly deleted with the Parklife video thing where you said "lol remember this album?". I was close to crying. :lol: Yes I do remember that album as it goes.

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 05 Mar 2016, 07:54

Legless Owl wrote: Oh, and though i'm 32, I love Gramon :mrgreen: Ah. Fantasies. No harm. ;)
Genuinely curious about this one... two straight middle-aged men going at it with each other... in all seriousness, what's the attraction?

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 05 Mar 2016, 10:15

Indiana wrote:
Legless Owl wrote: Oh, and though i'm 32, I love Gramon :mrgreen: Ah. Fantasies. No harm. ;)
Genuinely curious about this one... two straight middle-aged men going at it with each other... in all seriousness, what's the attraction?
I can understand it may seem weird, but to me, it's not any weirder than fantasizing on men in uniforms, enjoying BDSM, roleplaying, or I don't know, gang banging in an igloo with the One Direction guys! No, ok, that last one is really weird :mrgreen:

People tend to think that enjoying M/M (male on male) is a teenage girl thing. It's not. Well, it can be, obviously, but not only. I have a lot of friends in their 30s, 40s and even one in her 50s (this one actually just got a M/M book published) who share the same fantasy.

As far as I can remember, I've always enjoyed M/M. It all started as a kid with Starsky and Hutch. Of course, there was nothing sexual at that time as I hardly knew what sex was, but to me, they looked perfect for each other and seemed genuinely in love with each other despite the occasional girlfriends. I loved how they cared for each other. And some scenes really made them look like a couple (ie that scene in which Hutch has set the table with candlelights and all, has called Starsk's mother to know what his favourite meal was and has cooked it for him, and casts his best smile at Starsk while talking about how beautiful the sunset is, if that's not romantic, I don't know what it is! :lol: And that's just an example out of many, many others! No Wonder they were called "French kissing prime time homos" back in the 70s :mrgreen: )

Then I moved to Lennon/McCartney.

And then, with time passing by, I ended up shipping far too many couples. :lol:

Sometimes I just like the idea of two persons/two fictional characters being a couple because I think they'd complete each other even though there is little to nothing that could make us believe they'd ever be a couple (ie I liked Aragorn/Legolas in LOTR but let's be honest, you really have to have a lot of imagination to see something more than friendship between them).

Sometimes, I don't even need much imagination. I mean, just Google Carl Barât & Peter Doherty, they look like a gay couple on 80% of the pics that come up! :lol: (ain't saying they ever slept together --though I wouldn't be surprised tbh-- but they certainly used to look like very, mmm, "close"... Not to mention some of the lyrics they wrote to each other)

As for Graham & Damon. No, i don't mind that they're straight (if they were gay for each other, then that'd be reality, not fantasy ;) ) nor do I mind that they're middle-aged (hey, it's not like they're old enough to be my dad huh :P ). Of course, I don't know them personally so I only base my thoughts on what I've seen/read about them, but I find their Relationship (the ups and the downs...) really interesting, I love their chemistry.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have dirty thoughts any time I see them together :mrgreen: I'd lie if I said I wouldn't get turned on if they made out together (Hey, i can't help it. And let's be honest middle-age or not, they're really sexy. Well, Damon's not my type but he is objectively good-looking and Graham... aaaaaaw... well... Let's say he's my type lol) but we all know this is never going to happen, and i'd lie too if i said I didn't enjoy all their hugs and kisses or if I said i hadn't grinned like an idiot during that interview with Ray Cokes when they were asked if they had ever fancied someone of the same sex and that they both replied yes, and Damon said he fancied Graham,

BUT Gramon to me is really much more about their "soul", about the special and unique bond they share than it is about a sexual fantasy.

I don't know, seeing them together just makes me happy.

I have a file in which i've kept all the quotes I could find about them (others talking about their relationship or them talking about each other). I like reading them. Some are sad. Some just make me happy. I love that one from Ben Hillier "It was lovely to see Graham and Damon back together on stage. I think they realised what they need each other for. Half the lyrics of Think Tank are about Graham. There's a sadness in lot of them." I think that pretty sums up everything.

See, shipping Gramon doesn't mean I spend my time imagining them in compromising positions or that I'd jump on Essy next time I see her and yell at her "Give up on Graham, he belongs to Damon!!!" :lol: (when I think some people threatened Amanda Abbington because they ship Sherlock & John and that she plays Watson's wife in Sherlock BBC, that just makes me sick!) I'm a daydreamer, not a psychopath and I perfectly know the frontier between reality and fantasy.

Well, I hope that answers your question and that you don't think i'm even weirder than you thought I was :mrgreen:
Last edited by Legless Owl on 05 Mar 2016, 17:47, edited 2 times in total.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 05 Mar 2016, 10:29

^ I second all of this. Very eloquently put, Legless.

Hot middle aged dads are, well.... hot. Two middle aged dads are doubly so! :P

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 05 Mar 2016, 12:25

Wow..that's an explanation ..lol..I don't find that you are weird although I have to confess that gramon stuff are getting on my nerves when some people are only talking about the same and it seems that music is secondary.. but everyone has their own fantasies really and dreaming is free ..is like some men have fantasy of two women making out and that's completly normal and then when some women -not my case- are telling that they have fantasies of two men making out that is weird..

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 05 Mar 2016, 15:45

Legless Owl wrote: Well, I hope that answers your question and that you don't think i'm even weirder than you thought I was :mrgreen:
Wow thanks for that, you answered my question thoroughly :P

Don't worry, we all have our kinks, mine is younger men... :lol:. There's just no attraction there (as in Gramon, I mean) for me I'm afraid. I never quite understood the Blur fanfic phenomenon either, I guess it's all part of the same thing.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 05 Mar 2016, 16:46

Legless Owl wrote:
Indiana wrote:
Legless Owl wrote: As far as I can remember, I've always enjoyed M/M. It all started as a kid with Starsky and Hutch.
I just started watching that show recently, it's pretty good. And you just ruined it for me. :P

This thread's officially gone off the rails.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 Mar 2016, 17:26

Still nothing compared to the sporadic Blur sex tape myths/jokes.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 05 Mar 2016, 22:30

thanks for the idea adbreak

i'm off to go get banned from the bfc

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 Mar 2016, 22:46

Just found this. Not very nice, is it! http://thehappyfolk.tumblr.com/post/380 ... e-a-potato" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;