Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

AstronomyD81

Re: general blur thread

Post by AstronomyD81 » 12 Feb 2016, 13:23

daii wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:Don't forget their obsession with Damon's nose :lol:
well, you've got to recognize damon has a beautiful, quite perfect nose hehe

*fangirling now* :mrgreen:
True :lol: lol..well, the thing is that I don't feel embarrassed for being a female fan really, is normal that in a band with a good looking band members there are always teenage fans making this kind of comments, it's being that way since the 60s.. they are only teenagers with their raging hormones..

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 12 Feb 2016, 21:42

daii wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:Don't forget their obsession with Damon's nose :lol:
well, you've got to recognize damon has a beautiful, quite perfect nose hehe

*fangirling now* :mrgreen:
Damon's nose is still perfect. I could use that thing like a ski jump.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 13 Feb 2016, 23:35

the facebook blur fan club is shit so i'm going spacey on its ass
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 20 Feb 2016, 13:58

^cool

so glad that I'm not the only one who is annoyed by these hashtags and the fanclub page. After we have seen all the Blur records in sleeves in an arty farty way we get now the same ones without sleeves. A for gods sake Damon is not perfect, after that OBE and the naming thingy happened in Mali, it got even worse

tender

Post by tender » 26 Feb 2016, 08:59

beatfloh wrote:
so glad that I'm not the only one who is annoyed by these hashtags and the fanclub page. After we have seen all the Blur records in sleeves in an arty farty way we get now the same ones without sleeves. A for gods sake Damon is not perfect, after that OBE and the naming thingy happened in Mali, it got even worse
Baffled by this whole bunch , hope tweedz tell them to cut it out HA! :mrgreen:

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 26 Feb 2016, 09:45

tender wrote:
beatfloh wrote:
Baffled by this whole bunch , hope tweedz tell them to cut it out HA! :mrgreen:
haha, yeah we discussed that :P, as you said sounds more like 1D and Bieber fans

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 27 Feb 2016, 00:24

All the facebook Blur Fan Club does it put photographs of items they believe to be rare on there. There's a whole thread of people photographing the disc faces and packaging of the MLIR singles.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 27 Feb 2016, 07:31

But the MLIR singles aren't rare... :? Are they just misinformed?

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 27 Feb 2016, 21:11

101reykjavik wrote:But the MLIR singles aren't rare... :? Are they just misinformed?
I guess, or they're just super excited to own some common CD singles that they feel the need to photograph them and put them on a Blur Fan Club for other people likely owning them to see. That's not sarcasm, it's that sort of a place :? :lol:

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 28 Feb 2016, 00:08

but it was different at the beginning, ok, there is nothing happening otherwise

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 02 Mar 2016, 13:44

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Blur Fan Club FB page is total shit...waaaaaay too many ADULT fangirls ("OMG I was talking to someone about a photo they took and they said it looked BLURRY #BlurRulezzzz") and fanboys ("here is the 50th picture from a different angle of the super rare CD of the Parklife album that can be found for $8 at any record store!"). It used to annoy me but now it just pisses me off (can you tell?). I really don't know why I even still follow it...maybe because so many of the old school Fan Clubbers are on it, too, although they seem to stay as quiet as I do.

GAH! I'm all fired up now. Fuck that page! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 02 Mar 2016, 13:47

Caitlin wrote:
mishmosh wrote:I'm embarrassed to be a female fan when I read fanatical, juvenile nonsense like that!
But the thing to remember is that the majority of fans who do act like that are literally juvenile females. I was much the same when I was younger. Like, I look back at some of the things I said and did in my early fandom days and it makes me cringe. But y'know what, I was having fun. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, really.
Have you looked at the Blur Fan Club FB page lately? It's mostly 30-something mums and 20-something guys acting like that. I just turned 36 a few weeks ago and I try to think of someone my age acting like that ("I'm going to sit my infant son in front of the stereo and play him nothing but Blur so he loves them by osmosis!") and it makes me cringe.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 Mar 2016, 20:14

MrMagpie wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Blur Fan Club FB page is total shit...waaaaaay too many ADULT fangirls ("OMG I was talking to someone about a photo they took and they said it looked BLURRY #BlurRulezzzz") and fanboys ("here is the 50th picture from a different angle of the super rare CD of the Parklife album that can be found for $8 at any record store!"). It used to annoy me but now it just pisses me off (can you tell?). I really don't know why I even still follow it...maybe because so many of the old school Fan Clubbers are on it, too, although they seem to stay as quiet as I do.

GAH! I'm all fired up now. Fuck that page! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: That just about sums it up. Got to say it, when FLM went on there just to throw people off with his Leisure opinion it was actually interesting for a change. Made a break from pictures of vinyl faces and "anyone got any pictures of the blur boys with kissy faces!!!111" to which FLM replied simply "no". :lol:

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 02 Mar 2016, 21:09

^^haha, too true! I loathe that page and just about everyone on it. If I see one more 30-something mum post ANOTHER selfie of herself in a Blur t-shirt, or one more photo of someone's entire collection of entirely common and NOT RARE IN THE LEAST CDs from the umpteenth angle, I'm going to lose my rag completely... :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 02 Mar 2016, 21:37

AdvertBreak wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Blur Fan Club FB page is total shit...waaaaaay too many ADULT fangirls ("OMG I was talking to someone about a photo they took and they said it looked BLURRY #BlurRulezzzz") and fanboys ("here is the 50th picture from a different angle of the super rare CD of the Parklife album that can be found for $8 at any record store!"). It used to annoy me but now it just pisses me off (can you tell?). I really don't know why I even still follow it...maybe because so many of the old school Fan Clubbers are on it, too, although they seem to stay as quiet as I do.

:lol: That just about sums it up. Got to say it, when FLM went on there just to throw people off with his Leisure opinion it was actually interesting for a change. Made a break from pictures of vinyl faces and "anyone got any pictures of the blur boys with kissy faces!!!111" to which FLM replied simply "no". :lol:
the Leisure>Parklife thing was a fucking riot

I should go back
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners