Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Locked
User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5579
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by AdvertBreak » 07 Mar 2016, 04:24

Dalex is a hilarious word but Ave sounds funnier. :lol: or Dlex.

beatfloh
Posts: 337
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 18:11

Re: Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by beatfloh » 07 Mar 2016, 07:22

MsMagicAmerica wrote:How did I miss this thread??

I honestly don't mind little girls saying "He's so hot/ He's so cute, blah blah blah" The thing that pisses me off to no end is the hastags!

#WhereDamonAt #DamonWatch #Damon'saFuckingGenius #DamePerfect You get my drift.

I follow Mary McCartney's (Paul McCartney's daughter) Instagram page as I like her photography & she mentioned that she was taking the official backstage photos at the Brit's and this one group (BlurNorthAmerica) started writing in her comments #WhereDamonAt #DamonWatch Like really dude? Go Away! I do follow BlurNorthAmerica on INstagram as they usually have new and rare photos of the band, but dear God I always want to unfollow them b/c their hashtags are so freaking annoying!

Does anyone else follow them?
find them pretty annoying, they even asked the US president if he will invite Damon, because he is a genius you know bla bla. They spammed Rufus wall in a Q&A for wonder.land asking for Gorillaz. Most annoying thing for me is that they keep copying the posts of my friend. She posts something and you can be sure within 1 or 2 hours it"s posted by BlurNA

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7032
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by TripleJay97 » 07 Mar 2016, 08:18

I still can't believe we're having this discussion! On the Blur forum!
Image

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1123
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Oxford. U.K.
Contact:

Re: Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by Mark72 » 07 Mar 2016, 09:46

Maybe it's time the mods shut this thread down now as its run its course.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1547
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 07 Mar 2016, 10:00

Legless Owl wrote:I follow them too (on Facebook). I like their posts as they always have fresh news and nice pics/videos. But yeah, their entire lines of hashtags which are most of the time paraphrases of "Damon is perfect" and end up with "Graham is kinda awesome".

But to be honest, I'm not very familiar with the concept of hashtags. I first encountered them when I created a Tumblr account a couple years ago and I struggled to understand what they were. For example, if I posted a video of Sherlock BBC, I just entered the hashtag "Sherlock bbc". Then I understood I had to be a bit more specific if I wanted people to find my posts so I added a couple of keywords. But years later, I still don't understand why there are hashtags with endless sentences. I can't see the point. I hardly post there because I simply don't understand how everything works...

Then I noticed people used them on twitter too but they're shorter due to the characters limit.

But why on Facebook? I tried to click on them and nothing happened. Like I clicked on #MasterOfTheEntireUniverse and I just ended up on a page showing a couple of pictures of Damon posted by Blur North America with the same hashtag. What's the point? Or maybe i'm too stupid and am missing something there??
OMG I forgot about the #MasterOfTheEntireUniverse one! That one was too funny b/c it's so dumb!

I think the point of hashtags is that if people click on them on Instagram, twitter, or Tumblr people can see your page and maybe follow you. The thing is you have to choose a hashtag that is common like #ilovemydog (or something like that) so when people click on the hashtag they can see a bunch of photos with that hashtag from everyone who uses it. I don't get the use of it on FB though.
Image

mishmosh
Posts: 63
Joined: 03 Apr 2015, 17:32

Re: general blur thread

Post by mishmosh » 07 Mar 2016, 14:46

AstronomyD81 wrote:
Indiana wrote:I (foolishly) went on that FB group and I have a bit of a bone to pick with you, do you not think that this is crossing a line...

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b50 ... flerjh.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By all means go to town with your Gramon fantasies if that's what floats your boat, we all have kinks as I said. However, posting this sort of thing on the www for all to see I find very disrespectful to the person in question. It would be the equivalent of someone whom I don't know and who has a crush on me taking one of my public photos, writing an overly sexual caption on it and then posting it on the Internet on a public group for everyone to see. Do you not see how wrong that is? Really? The fact that he is a famous musician doesn't mean he's fair game.

As I said, everyone is entitled to having fantasies and crushes, but please, show some respect to the person you so desperately fancy. Have some consideration and realise that if that person saw what you just posted they would probably be disgusted and offended. I know I would.
Yes, I totally agree...this is going too far..
Agreed.

Some people need to learn some respect towards people they supposedly 'admire', because it's severely lacking in this particular Facebook post and elsewhere. My mother always told me if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, so I'll stop right here...

User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
Posts: 725
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 19:44
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by Veikko » 07 Mar 2016, 15:19

MsMagicAmerica wrote:The thing is you have to choose a hashtag that is common like #ilovemydog (or something like that) so when people click on the hashtag they can see a bunch of photos with that hashtag from everyone who uses it.
Someone can enlighten me, but I find it odd/annoying how there can be dozens of different hashtags for the same topic... For example, during the London Olympics, people used the hashtags #London2012 #londonolympics #2012london #olympics2012 #olympicgames2012. Just try to stick to one, ok? :)
Mark72 wrote:Maybe it's time the mods shut this thread down now as its run its course.
You're right, I'll lock this thread soon.

User avatar
Indiana
Posts: 149
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 11:28

Re: general blur thread

Post by Indiana » 07 Mar 2016, 17:43

mishmosh wrote:
AstronomyD81 wrote:
Indiana wrote:I (foolishly) went on that FB group and I have a bit of a bone to pick with you, do you not think that this is crossing a line...

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b50 ... flerjh.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By all means go to town with your Gramon fantasies if that's what floats your boat, we all have kinks as I said. However, posting this sort of thing on the www for all to see I find very disrespectful to the person in question. It would be the equivalent of someone whom I don't know and who has a crush on me taking one of my public photos, writing an overly sexual caption on it and then posting it on the Internet on a public group for everyone to see. Do you not see how wrong that is? Really? The fact that he is a famous musician doesn't mean he's fair game.

As I said, everyone is entitled to having fantasies and crushes, but please, show some respect to the person you so desperately fancy. Have some consideration and realise that if that person saw what you just posted they would probably be disgusted and offended. I know I would.
Yes, I totally agree...this is going too far..
Agreed.

Some people need to learn some respect towards people they supposedly 'admire', because it's severely lacking in this particular Facebook post and elsewhere. My mother always told me if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, so I'll stop right here...
It's a colossal lack of respect. Offensive nonsense like this gives regular female fans a bad name as we are often all put in the "Graham loony female fan" basket by everyone else. I am appalled it hasn't been taken down.
Image

User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
Posts: 2707
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 18:22
Location: Pepperland
Contact:

Re: Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by MrMagpie » 07 Mar 2016, 17:53

That Facebook group is just a daily dumpster fire...just about every post is brutal. And I know (at least, internet "know") several really cool people from other places (Twitter, here, etc) who post on there and get caught up in the clusterfuckery of that group.

But like a bad car crash on the highway, I just can't bring myself to look away and leave the group... :lol:
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 305
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 17:16

Re: Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by Foggy » 07 Mar 2016, 18:07

Curiosity got the better of me, so I took a look in and ended up buying a signed vinyl boxset. I hope it's not a fake!

A fool and his money... I don't even have a record player.

Veikko, I think the thing with hashtags is anyone can make one up, so with an event like the Olympics it stands to reason you're going to get a proliferation.

99% of the time they're pointless, especially when people post things like #having-a-carvery, but they're useful when used properly.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

beatfloh
Posts: 337
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 18:11

Re: Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by beatfloh » 07 Mar 2016, 18:24

MrMagpie wrote:But like a bad car crash on the highway, I just can't bring myself to look away and leave the group... :lol:
this :lol:

and I think the hashtags are just to get as maximum attention as possible, they retweet and like their own posts, bit sad

Locked