Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: general blur thread

Post by 101reykjavik » 02 Mar 2016, 22:56

This is like the SAS / ninja / elite Blur squad infiltrating the Blur rank and file to strategically place musical landmines to catch them out. :lol:
Last edited by 101reykjavik on 03 Mar 2016, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 03 Mar 2016, 02:59

:lol:

Tbh I've never posted in the BFC. I only comment on other people's posts, and I've only done that about four times. Why post there when you can post here? 8-) Maybe I'll post random things on there in the future and see if they get the Blur connection.

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 03 Mar 2016, 05:58

The people who post in the BFC scare me. I hate them. :lol:

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 03 Mar 2016, 13:27

Sushi wrote:The people who post in the BFC scare me. I hate them. :lol:
Yeah, it *is* a faintly disgusting bunch of losers...that may be harsh, but the word seems appropriate. I feel like William Shatner in that SNL skit where he goes to a Trek convention and screams at them "GET A LIFE!"
Forever Low Man wrote:
the Leisure>Parklife thing was a fucking riot

Yeah it was!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 03 Mar 2016, 18:01

MrMagpie wrote:
Sushi wrote:The people who post in the BFC scare me. I hate them. :lol:
Yeah, it *is* a faintly disgusting bunch of losers...that may be harsh, but the word seems appropriate. I feel like William Shatner in that SNL skit where he goes to a Trek convention and screams at them "GET A LIFE!"
Eerrmm, bit harsh!! :lol:
Last edited by Indiana on 06 Mar 2016, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 03 Mar 2016, 18:57

One of the dudes on there keeps buying the same merch, I think he's bought The Magic Whip about 5 times. Another seems to fantasize that Damon and Graham (Gramon) are an item.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 03 Mar 2016, 19:31

I don't find FB page that bad!!..well, sometimes some of their posts really are getting me on my nerves like that gramon stuff or posting pictures constantly telling about How beautiful they are bla bla bla..but sometimes there are nice posts too.. all of us here and there are fans and that is what really matters, ... and is not a particular thing of some Blur fans collecting like the same album more than once..I see fans of a lot of bands with the same album 10 times only because the label of the cover is written on another language, crazy I know!! but I don't know... everyone has their own hobbies I suppose :lol:

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 03 Mar 2016, 19:52

Gee there's a lot of hate here. If you don't like it, don't go read it. Quite a few of you are members, despite how much you seemingly dislike it...

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 03 Mar 2016, 20:09

I think that Blur official facebook is worse than BFC facebook.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 03 Mar 2016, 20:35

Sushi wrote:One of the dudes on there keeps buying the same merch, I think he's bought The Magic Whip about 5 times. Another seems to fantasize that Damon and Graham (Gramon) are an item.
You mean "Gramon," right? :lol:

I've never understood that, all the fangirls who love to see pics of the two of them kissing. It's very...weird. And I don't mean that in a homophobic way at all, it's just bloody odd!

And Caitlin, I'm only on there because it's like a horrible car crash on the highway, AND 1 post out of 100 is from someone who was actually IN the old fanclub (or is older than 20) and has something valuable to say. And it's a nice way to stay in touch with some of those old timers who aren't here on the forums. But the other 99 times it's like an icepick to the forehead to read any of those posts.

And I know exactly who you mean, the guy who buys the same thing over and over. He's the same guy who also posts pictures of the SAME ITEM from every conceivable angle. We get it, dude, you've got the Magic Whip, good for you.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 04 Mar 2016, 08:44

I haven't been to those FB pages. Should I venture over.... :?: :evil:
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 04 Mar 2016, 08:58

I guess I just don't understand making fun of people over something they enjoy. Like don't get me wrong, it's not my idea of how to participate in a fandom, but each to their own, and who am I to shit on anyone else's happiness or enjoyment?

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 04 Mar 2016, 09:05

Caitlin wrote:I guess I just don't understand making fun of people over something they enjoy. Like don't get me wrong, it's not my idea of how to participate in a fandom, but each to their own, and who am I to shit on anyone else's happiness or enjoyment?
Exactly. .everyone have their own hobbies..I love music so much and I dedicate a lot of my free time to music...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 04 Mar 2016, 13:47

I see what you're saying, Caitlin, and I know I take music WAY too seriously...trust me, it's been pointed out more than once over the course of my life. I just can't help it, I'm passionate about it, and I guess when people get so obsessed over the non-essential bits of it (in my opinion, i.e. the non-musical or artistic merits), it just irks me. Sorry! :P

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 04 Mar 2016, 18:45

I do love seeing the rare collections/tickets Stubbs from the '90s and saying oh year I remember that or I had that!! Lost and foolishly gave away some of my blur collection from the early '90s to '99. Got a few Stubbs /programmes still myself, I even put on my old ally pally stubb with bingo ticket last year.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”