Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Mark72

Hashtags & Blur Fan Club Facebook group

Post by Mark72 » 10 Feb 2016, 09:27

Topic separated from the General Blur thread. - Veikko

tender wrote:One more thing , has anyone noticed on Twitter, Instagram , Tumblr and every social media the amount of cringeworthy hashtags Blur related ( specially about Damon ) :? Feels a bit more like some Blur fans behave like 1D fans or Justin Bieber's :roll:
Anyone else find that annoying ?
Yes definitely, especially the blur fan group on Facebook can be a bit like that. Thank god for this place!!!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

TripleJay97

Re: general blur thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Feb 2016, 09:32

Just be thankful Twitter wasn't a thing in 1994 :lol:

tender

Post by tender » 10 Feb 2016, 10:59

Mark72 wrote:
tender wrote:One more thing , has anyone noticed on Twitter, Instagram , Tumblr and every social media the amount of cringeworthy hashtags Blur related ( specially about Damon ) :? Feels a bit more like some Blur fans behave like 1D fans or Justin Bieber's :roll:
Yes definitely, especially the blur fan group on Facebook can be a bit like that. Thank god for this place!!!
Thank you ! Glad to know I'm not the only one

And yes forgot to mention the BFC FB group, there it's not so much about hashtags but about showing off people's collection . Can't the just take a pic of their whole collection ? :roll:

I suppose the band don't see the posts of the FB group but wonder if the cringe what they see on Twitter and Instagram . FFS someone had to even say to stop with the unnecessary # that this fan account keep posting on Damon's daughter IG a few weeks ago :roll:

tender

Post by tender » 10 Feb 2016, 11:02

TripleJay97 wrote:Just be thankful Twitter wasn't a thing in 1994 :lol:
Yes but it's ridiculous and annoying

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 10 Feb 2016, 13:08

tender wrote:
Mark72 wrote:
Thank you ! Glad to know I'm not the only one

And yes forgot to mention the BFC FB group, there it's not so much about hashtags but about showing off people's collection . Can't the just take a pic of their whole collection ? :roll:

I suppose the band don't see the posts of the FB group but wonder if the cringe what they see on Twitter and Instagram . FFS someone had to even say to stop with the unnecessary # that this fan account keep posting on Damon's daughter IG a few weeks ago :roll:
Just had a gander over there at that Facebook group. Can't fathom why people would use that when they could be here. Yeah, let's start a conversation which elicits, say, three or four really short replies, and then that's it. Fizzles out. On to the next! Maybe forums are old hat, but for what I want to do, which is discuss the band in depth, this is the place to be.

It's funny, I sort of regard this place (and the old forum) as the seat of Blur fandom. But it's really just a select few of us in a sea of other fans out there in reality.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 10 Feb 2016, 14:21

I'm definitely the same. I kinda forget other big Blur fans exist, and then the FB Blur Fan Club reminds me we're not quite as esoteric as I think, even if they don't have conversations like on here.

tender

Post by tender » 10 Feb 2016, 20:47

101reykjavik wrote: Just had a gander over there at that Facebook group. Can't fathom why people would use that when they could be here. Yeah, let's start a conversation which elicits, say, three or four really short replies, and then that's it. Fizzles out. On to the next! Maybe forums are old hat, but for what I want to do, which is discuss the band in depth, this is the place to be.

It's funny, I sort of regard this place (and the old forum) as the seat of Blur fandom. But it's really just a select few of us in a sea of other fans out there in reality.
I suppose the BFC FB group was made in good spirit but there is not much to discuss.
Agree with you, proper discussions are made in band´s forum , neither TW or FB can do that, which is unbelivable that even with the release of TMW mgmt / record label didn´t try to keep the old forum.

Although I lurk here more than post , I´m very happy that the posts / discussiones are not related to Blur member´s nose, bikes, teeth or like this :roll:
‪#‎DamonAlbarnIsPerfect‬ ‪#‎PerfectPerfect‬ ‪#‎BestFrontmanEver‬ ‪#‎HesInLike16Bands‬ ‪#‎HeWritesMusicals‬ ‪#‎HeToursTheWorld‬ ‪#‎HesWritingGorillaz2016‬ ‪#‎HeSavesTheWorld‬ ‪#‎HePlaysInMali‬ ‪#‎NextDayHeGivesWorkshops‬ ‪#‎HeTakesTheBestSelfies‬ ‪#‎HesAKing‬ ‪#‎HeNeverTakesADayOff‬ ‪#‎HesASuperHuman‬ ‪#‎Perfect‬ #Perfect #Perfect

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 11 Feb 2016, 23:12

I'm embarrassed to be a female fan when I read fanatical, juvenile nonsense like that!

daii

Post by daii » 12 Feb 2016, 00:33

#ImFuckingTiredOfHashtags #CutThatShit #DamonIsNotPerfect #HeWroteCrazyBeat

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 12 Feb 2016, 00:50

mishmosh wrote:I'm embarrassed to be a female fan when I read fanatical, juvenile nonsense like that!
But the thing to remember is that the majority of fans who do act like that are literally juvenile females. I was much the same when I was younger. Like, I look back at some of the things I said and did in my early fandom days and it makes me cringe. But y'know what, I was having fun. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, really.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 12 Feb 2016, 01:46

Don't forget their obsession with Damon's nose :lol:

tender

Post by tender » 12 Feb 2016, 08:14

AdvertBreak wrote:Don't forget their obsession with Damon's nose :lol:
:roll:
How could one forget this

" #DAN #DamonAlbarnsNose #DamonAlbarnsPerfectNose #Celebrating #DamonAlbarn #HoneyBunny #SirNose #AskForYourNosePic #EsUnaBomba #TeAmamos #AVosMucho #PeroATuNapiaMas"

tender

Post by tender » 12 Feb 2016, 08:29

Caitlin wrote:
mishmosh wrote:I'm embarrassed to be a female fan when I read fanatical, juvenile nonsense like that!
But the thing to remember is that the majority of fans who do act like that are literally juvenile females. I was much the same when I was younger. Like, I look back at some of the things I said and did in my early fandom days and it makes me cringe. But y'know what, I was having fun. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, really.
there are some cringeworthy things that one would understand if they were teenagers but they are not :? So there is really no excuse for that behaviour

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 12 Feb 2016, 08:37

101reykjavik wrote:Just had a gander over there at that Facebook group. Can't fathom why people would use that when they could be here. Yeah, let's start a conversation which elicits, say, three or four really short replies, and then that's it. Fizzles out. On to the next! Maybe forums are old hat, but for what I want to do, which is discuss the band in depth, this is the place to be.

I think the proper forums like this are still the best. There is a kind of community. Other kinds of social media tend to attract transient people.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

daii

Post by daii » 12 Feb 2016, 12:35

AdvertBreak wrote:Don't forget their obsession with Damon's nose :lol:
well, you've got to recognize damon has a beautiful, quite perfect nose hehe

*fangirling now* :mrgreen: