BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

northernmonkey

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by northernmonkey » 19 Oct 2015, 23:19

No mixed feeling for me, this is great news. I could listen to the band talk about TMW forever, love the album and what a year and I am happy if we get another Hyde Park gig when this gets a DVD/blu ray release as we get 5 new songs, HTOC and stereotypes too and I was present which is always nice. I am hoping we get this and the Hong Kong gig in full, Mode would be nice but maybe that is a little greedy. Amazing news, as a Blur fan I am happy we get some form of live release every time they re-form especially after having so many years with nothing at all. :)

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 20 Oct 2015, 01:11

I was thinking that it would be sweet if they did a deluxe release, sort of like they did for Parklive. Maybe include some sort of booklet, but they could also throw in 4 or 5 CDs/DVDs. That way maybe we could get MODE, Hyde Park, Hong Kong, and maybe another gig or two (don't know what it would be, was Wolverhampton or Glasgow recorded professionally?)

ngho

Post by ngho » 20 Oct 2015, 05:16

I can't believe that they put Live in Hong Kong in their new documentary or DVD/BD although we have pro-shot video on youtube
I think the Hong Kong part maybe they might take some video about post-protest life and their secret trip in Hong Kong.
I can't wait their new DVD/BD,to be honest
06.05.2013: World Tour 2013
22.07.2015: The Magic Whip Tour

Liese

Post by Liese » 20 Oct 2015, 07:25

aldamasta wrote:(don't know what it would be, was Wolverhampton or Glasgow recorded professionally?)
No idea about Glasgow, but from what I remember there were only cameras outside filming the queue at Wolves (for the local news, I believe), no cameras on stage etc...
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

Tracy Jacks

Post by Tracy Jacks » 20 Oct 2015, 07:56

This is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC News in every sense!!! Means new gigs too!! :) Didn't expect that. What a happy day!

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 20 Oct 2015, 10:07

Really looking forward to this – Blur documentaries are extremely well made, but I've got a personal connection to this one. I remember seeing the cameras at Hyde Park, but it'll be a really cool reminder seeing that show up on screen. I reckon I'll be able to pick myself out at least once...

But yeah, the other docos are great. They're also incredibly well shot and edited, and the interviews are funny or actually genuine and honest.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 20 Oct 2015, 11:42

I'm expecting a premium blu ray release with The Hollywood Bowl set and some Mr Ok oven gloves.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

rich

Post by rich » 20 Oct 2015, 11:47

Foggy wrote:I'm expecting a premium blu ray release with The Hollywood Bowl set and some Mr Ok oven gloves.
the limited edition of which will feature oven gloves made from wood and holly...
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 20 Oct 2015, 11:48

Still waiting for the Mr OK platform game app... ;)

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 20 Oct 2015, 13:59

This doc looks like it'll be pretty damn cool. Hoping for a DVD release here in the US, we shall see...

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 20 Oct 2015, 15:15

at least they didn't actually make a video for new world towers
that's what i thought the trailer was and i was like 'fuck why did they waste the cash on a song that's not ghost ship'
Last edited by davidsutter on 20 Oct 2015, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Oct 2015, 15:22

Liese wrote:
aldamasta wrote:(don't know what it would be, was Wolverhampton or Glasgow recorded professionally?)
No idea about Glasgow, but from what I remember there were only cameras outside filming the queue at Wolves (for the local news, I believe), no cameras on stage etc...
I remember there being mics on and around the stage at Wolverhampton, audio was definitely recorded.

And I can't believe some people are complaining about this documentary... :roll:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 20 Oct 2015, 15:26

tom_cas1 wrote:And I can't believe some people are complaining about this documentary... :roll:
It's the classic "MOAN MOAN MOAN" thing, you know :D

JackS

Post by JackS » 20 Oct 2015, 15:29

I hope it is Blu Ray. Would be so good to have Blur footage of that quality, such a shame NDLTR was DVD only.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 20 Oct 2015, 15:37

JAIME wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:And I can't believe some people are complaining about this documentary... :roll:
It's the classic "MOAN MOAN MOAN" thing, you know :D
Yea, we're a bunch of spoiled brats! "It doesn't have _____...why have ____ when it can have ____?" Blah blah blah