BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by 101reykjavik » 11 Nov 2015, 18:54

I'm going to have to go to the local Vue, but can't complain - at least it's being shown in Bristol. I was secretly hoping for an art house showing.

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 11 Nov 2015, 21:22

Mark72 wrote:New video and uk cinema dates

http://youtu.be/Pp03DiPocYw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like this vid even more than the 1srt one :P

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 12 Nov 2015, 01:34

like the comment on the comments for the video... why is damon's voice so deep.. :D it is
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 12 Nov 2015, 07:58

metalhipslop wrote:like the comment on the comments for the video... why is damon's voice so deep.. :D it is
Yes!! I've tought the same!! :D

I really hope in a italian release of this film. We haven't had any gig at this round, please please, give us this at least!!

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 12 Nov 2015, 12:54

:lol: I thought exactly the same!

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 12 Nov 2015, 15:18

You know they've got this movie to promote, a good thing to do would be to use the footage and cobble up a music video for one of the live tracks.

JackS

Post by JackS » 12 Nov 2015, 16:00

Quite pleased and surprised to see that the cinema I have booked at has at least half the seats sold already

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 12 Nov 2015, 16:37

Mark72 wrote:New video and uk cinema dates

http://youtu.be/Pp03DiPocYw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blur.co.uk/newworldtowers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm having real trouble with this. On my laptop, if I click the link, a list of cinemas doesn't show. On my phone, it does. But if I follow the link to my local cinema, seeing the film there isn't an option.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 12 Nov 2015, 16:50

Ah I would be pleased as well about it being half full already. I love it when Damon says "we are blur!" :lol: It reminds me of when he said "We're gettin the band back together, one more time!" In NDLTR. Graham is also hilarious in that new clip they released. I can't wait to see this film! Hope the DVD comes out around Christmas or the new year.

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 12 Nov 2015, 17:22

dparrott wrote:“Thank goodness we didn’t get stuck in Dusseldorf,” bassist Alex James quips drily. :lol:
Düsseldorf isn't that bad :P

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 12 Nov 2015, 20:32

aldamasta wrote:I love it when Damon says "we are blur!" :lol: It reminds me of when he said "We're gettin the band back together, one more time!"
Yup, I felt the same when Damon said that. He's obviously enjoying this new era. :P

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 12 Nov 2015, 21:06

This entire year has seemed like an immensely fun one for the entire band. There were hundreds of times where they couldn't help but smile at each other and the crowds, laugh at/with each other, and look like they couldn't be happier. This gives me a ton of hope that this isn't the end of the book of blur, but just the beginning of new section! However, if this is the end, which I suppose we'll never know for sure, I'm glad it's been such an amazing year.

I like that you called it a new era JAIME 8-) :D

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 15 Nov 2015, 22:17

Nice interview with the director, Sam Wrench, on Noisey. Sounds like this is gonna be a great film :) http://noisey.vice.com/blog/blur-new-wo ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 16 Nov 2015, 12:48

aldamasta wrote:Nice interview with the director, Sam Wrench, on Noisey. Sounds like this is gonna be a great film :) http://noisey.vice.com/blog/blur-new-wo ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interestingly the guy who conducted the interview is planning to do a "third" film. Presumably he is thinking about an updated overall history, would obviously be hard to do something that complements, rather than competes, with what's already out there...

Liese

Post by Liese » 16 Nov 2015, 12:59

dougharrison wrote:
aldamasta wrote:Nice interview with the director, Sam Wrench, on Noisey. Sounds like this is gonna be a great film :) http://noisey.vice.com/blog/blur-new-wo ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interestingly the guy who conducted the interview is planning to do a "third" film. Presumably he is thinking about an updated overall history, would obviously be hard to do something that complements, rather than competes, with what's already out there...
I took that to be a joke?
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."