BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

rob_graves

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by rob_graves » 30 Nov 2015, 17:22

New clip - http://pitchfork.com/news/62315-blur-pe ... tary-clip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 30 Nov 2015, 18:48

rob_graves wrote:New clip - http://pitchfork.com/news/62315-blur-pe ... tary-clip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My favourite song! :P
That day was absolutely epic, a day that I'll never forget. 8-)

oohyehyeh

Post by oohyehyeh » 01 Dec 2015, 07:28

hm. seems i am in the minority here but i'm super excited for nwt! i, for one, am really happy that it includes a lot of hyde park footage and i'd love it if the full gig was released and/or sold with nwt. i don't understand why people want mode and hong kong released with it and not hyde park… we already have high quality versions of both gigs, where as we haven't seen any pro-shot footage of hp. i think it would be lovely to have all three years of hyde park shows, and if you think it's overkill don't buy it!! anyway, i hope a dvd is released soon… maybe with hyde park!

bugman

Post by bugman » 01 Dec 2015, 09:53

Cos HP is nearly the same like 2009 and 2012.hg has more songs from tmw, and mode is so special gig.
Last edited by bugman on 01 Dec 2015, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

daii

Post by daii » 01 Dec 2015, 14:52

thinking about a dvd release, do you think it will be just the documentary, or maybe we'll get a double dvd with NWT + hyde park/hong kong full gigs?

bugman

Post by bugman » 01 Dec 2015, 15:23

daii wrote:thinking about a dvd release, do you think it will be just the documentary, or maybe we'll get a double dvd with NWT + hyde park/hong kong full gigs?
something like hp 2012

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 01 Dec 2015, 22:38

Isn't it a bit weird that they haven't announced a proper DVD (FFS do release it on Bluray, it's 2015 already!) yet? Maybe they're waiting until April to release a deluxe edition of the album including New World Towers and hopefully a live CD.

JackS

Post by JackS » 02 Dec 2015, 10:23

Lt Pinkerton wrote:Isn't it a bit weird that they haven't announced a proper DVD (FFS do release it on Bluray, it's 2015 already!) yet? Maybe they're waiting until April to release a deluxe edition of the album including New World Towers and hopefully a live CD.
Could be, but surely the biggest market for this sort of thing is Christmas gifts?!

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 02 Dec 2015, 16:42

It will be a shame if it's not as good as NDLTR, but I'm going to see it at the cinema anyways and I'll surely enjoy it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

beats

Post by beats » 02 Dec 2015, 23:36

Really good watch that. A lot of fun. They all seem pretty keen to make more music together.

The Hyde park gig sounded amazing with the clips they showed. Really hope we get that released on DVD. Blu-ray preferably!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 02 Dec 2015, 23:49

I really enjoyed it too. I went in without massive expectations, just looking forward to a fun retread of the story we know, and I had a blast watching it. It's just entertaining to hear it all in their own words again. Never tire of that. And the songs did sound great. So lost was I in the tracks once or twice I wanted applaud at the end as if I was in the crowd again. Funny - only about 12 of us in total at my showing. I was second through the door and had an ironic word or two with the only other guy there about it being a private viewing. :)

Some highlights:

• Graham's Oasis cover at Avon Studios :lol:
• Alex's Dusseldorf comment (even though I knew it was coming)
• Alex predicting Damon wouldn't remember which city the cancelled gig was in (cut to Damon - Damon gets in wrong) :lol:
• 'You've fed the entire mix through the distortion peddle?!' - Alex's mock expectation of Graham's handling of TMW tapes
• Backstage Out Of Time jam

Graham's comments are often so funny, some good stuff in this. Good ol' Tweedo - bless 'im for all this. :D :D

Bring on a DVD.

rich

Post by rich » 03 Dec 2015, 00:53

101reykjavik wrote: • 'You've fed the entire mix through the distortion peddle?!' - Alex's mock expectation of Graham's handling of TMW tapes
yeah that was good :) Alex also said that handing over the whole album to Graham was a bit like getting your 12 year old kids to do the weekly shop on their own - you'd have no idea what they'd bring back from the supermarket :)

Like 101, I didn't have particularly high expectations but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
[managed to get something in my eye during This is a Low - again!]

rich 8-)

dohallor

Post by dohallor » 03 Dec 2015, 01:03

Really enjoyed it actually. Yes Graham's Oasis cover and the "distortion pedal" and Düsseldorf comments from Alex were highlights, also I loved seeing Hyde park on the big screen. I would definitely recommend to any long time blur fans. There's plenty of funny moments and a few touching ones (Damon speaking about Terracotta heart also Graham speaking about his exit from the band) I'm not sure what a casual fan of blurs music would make of it though. It feels more like a made for TV tour diary or album making of documentary than a proper feature film documentary. I think the personality of the band is what makes it though you can see from the Out of Time backstage jam how comfortable they are in each others company.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 03 Dec 2015, 04:14

Are they full songs or just short clips?

ctrb30

Post by ctrb30 » 03 Dec 2015, 07:33

Amazing songs played in full and lots of funny clips hoping they release full hyde park dvd :D