BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

bugman

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Post by bugman » 22 Oct 2015, 07:02

If they put extra disc on this like Hong Kong, mode and a gig from first (full)public gigs i buy it for sure. But no for hp

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 22 Oct 2015, 07:16

MrMagpie wrote:This doc looks like it'll be pretty damn cool. Hoping for a DVD release here in the US, we shall see...
Music DVDs tend to be Region 0 though don't they? Although importing it from Europe would presumably cost you a fortune.

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 23 Oct 2015, 10:26

munch wrote:
Got to consider any day could still be the end of Blur so I'm so happy this stuff is coming up.
I agree! If there'a a band that's unpredictable is this one :lol: Let's enjoy this era while it lasts...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 23 Oct 2015, 20:27

My Name Is Mud wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:This doc looks like it'll be pretty damn cool. Hoping for a DVD release here in the US, we shall see...
Music DVDs tend to be Region 0 though don't they? Although importing it from Europe would presumably cost you a fortune.
Yeah, I wasn't worried about the region...more how accessible it'll be here. I order a ton from Amazon UK anyway but it's always nicer when you can get the import titles through Prime here...imports with free shipping 8-)

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

saltandgin

Post by saltandgin » 23 Oct 2015, 22:30

MrMagpie wrote:
Mark72 wrote:
munch wrote:Got to consider any day could still be the end of Blur so I'm so happy this stuff is coming up.
I'm hoping it's the end of a chapter and not the end of the book. But if it is then I'll be happy that if blur ended it on a high with a great album, some great shows this year and great memories for me to reminisce in years to come...
I can't see them going on much further, honestly, but of course we all thought that a few years ago and look what happened. Still, the only reason anything is happening this year is because they salvaged what they dabbled around with three years ago. We shall see...as a wise man once said "the future's uncertain and the end is always near..."
I woke up this morning and got myself a beer...
NOT for the likes of you. Image

saltandgin

Post by saltandgin » 23 Oct 2015, 22:59

bugman wrote:
saltandgin wrote:Lol, even after a new album, world tour, people still moan..because there's too many documentaries now? *head hits table*
world tour ok, but it's very veru very small world tour.
You're totally right, selfish bastards! :lol:
NOT for the likes of you. Image

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 24 Oct 2015, 07:25

MrMagpie wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't worried about the region...more how accessible it'll be here. I order a ton from Amazon UK anyway but it's always nicer when you can get the import titles through Prime here...imports with free shipping 8-)
Gotcha. Import rates are painful. If they weren't, I would've probably ordered every piece of merch available from Kevin Smith's online store!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 24 Oct 2015, 09:33

People wonder if Blur will continue. I will say that the members remain creatively potent, whether within Blur or not. :D
munch wrote:So will this get international cinema release or just international dvd release?
:?: Good question And is it likely to end up on TV, e.g. BBC4?
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 24 Oct 2015, 09:50

Mallard No. 22 wrote:People wonder if Blur will continue. I will say that the members remain creatively potent, whether within Blur or not. :D
munch wrote:So will this get international cinema release or just international dvd release?
:?: Good question And is it likely to end up on TV, e.g. BBC4?
I seem to remember No Distance Left To Run was shown on the BBC4 wasn't it? ...

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 24 Oct 2015, 09:50

Mallard No. 22 wrote:And is it likely to end up on TV, e.g. BBC4?
BBC4 has been brilliant on a Friday night for music documentaries, would love to see NWT on that channel. NDLR was shown a couple of times Itv4 at stupid o'clock. I remember Glastonbury '09 being shown on BBC4
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 24 Oct 2015, 09:52

True. BBC4 is pretty much my default choice these days. And Friday nights are excellent for music docs. :D

nstar

Post by nstar » 25 Oct 2015, 19:39

The world premiere will be in Copenhagen on November 11th as part of the festival CPH:DOX
https://billetto.dk/events/101070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't wait!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Oct 2015, 21:25

They're showing it in NYC as well! Someone who was at MSG posted their ticket confirmation on Instagram (https://instagram.com/p/9RXrQXmKNG/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) I'm very surprised, I didn't expect New World Towers to be shown at any theatre in America. Maybe they decided to do it because of the MSG gig? I'm not sure. All I know is I wish I didn't live 12 hours from NYC so I could see it :cry: still, I'm just happy that it'll be in the US in some form, we're actually getting things for once :)

Kibarry

Post by Kibarry » 25 Oct 2015, 21:51

Any way of finding a list of dates/venues for the release of the film internationally?
Currently in Madrid now so highly unlikely it'll be shown here, but just on the off chance

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 26 Oct 2015, 10:11

Kibarry wrote:Any way of finding a list of dates/venues for the release of the film internationally?
Currently in Madrid now so highly unlikely it'll be shown here, but just on the off chance
Don't rule out the possibility! If I recall right, NDLTR was shown in Madrid and Barcelona...