RIP Old Forum: 1 Year On

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Forever Low Man

Re: RIP Old Forum: 1 Year On

Post by Forever Low Man » 13 Sep 2015, 15:58

The existence of this forum got me talking to Jay again, so that was nice.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

daii

Post by daii » 13 Sep 2015, 16:37

I was never part of the old forum because registration was closed, but I used to read it a lot. Is sad that all the information in there was lost.
So, thanks veikko for creating this forum. We would be lost without you :D

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 14 Sep 2015, 09:04

I was unable to register on the old forum, despite several applications c. 2010-2011.

Anyway, I registered on this one without difficulty. And it is a good place to be.

A wide range of ages and discussions about music of Blur, and beyond.

Thank you to Veikko and the moderating team.

:D
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 14 Sep 2015, 13:37

AdvertBreak wrote:I made like 8500 posts in 1 and a half years in an era when there was only 2 new Blur songs,
:lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 14 Sep 2015, 16:19

JAIME wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:I made like 8500 posts in 1 and a half years in an era when there was only 2 new Blur songs,
:lol:

Well, 3 new Blur songs. :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 14 Sep 2015, 16:37

I miss the old forum for the memories and the friendships I made that stemmed from it, but this one is far superior overall.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 14 Sep 2015, 19:40

I just find it ironic that the old place hung on and on throughout the wilderness years only for the plug to be pulled literally months, as it turned out, before we finally received the BIG NEWS.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 15 Sep 2015, 14:37

101reykjavik wrote:I just find it ironic that the old place hung on and on throughout the wilderness years only for the plug to be pulled literally months, as it turned out, before we finally received the BIG NEWS.
Agreed, but knowing how the old place was handled, it's actually not surprising when you think of it :lol:

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Sep 2015, 17:29

I just found it annoying how they decided that Facebook, Twitter and Instagram would be better places for us fans to interact than a forum. :lol: I mean let's be honest, EVERY single piece of news regarding Blur this year was on here before their official social media sites. Think about it.

There Are Too Many Of Us: leaked on here the night before the MODE show back in March. The song was then shared to everyone here which pretty much forced the band to officially release it which I still don't think they planned on doing.
Tour Dates: most tour date info is on here before the Facebook page, easy. I think the only exception was the MODE show but only because that was a competition.
Blur Ice Cream: yep, you guessed it. That info was on here a full month before any of the official channels even mentioned it.

These are just a few that spring instantly to mind. You can't beat a forum for fans to interact. The old place was good apart from some weird rules, not to mention the time it took to ban Dimitri. Should have been done so much sooner but was dragged out over months.

Veikko, thank you!! Love this place.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 15 Sep 2015, 17:56

Man, those days / nights when we got There Are Too Many Of Us, Lonesome Street turning up on iTunes and then disappearing again etc etc. Ah, great memories. :mrgreen:

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 15 Sep 2015, 19:25

Nostalgic so soon? Well, I am about 2009 and 2012.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 15 Sep 2015, 19:33

A bit, yeah. It already feels like an event that has passed.

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 16 Sep 2015, 11:38

Very nice to be here and all, but sad some from the old place didn't come over, which has impacted how much I post on here.

Still feel it's a shame the old place was shut down, although this forum does offer several benefits.

Very happy that the news breaks here quickly, however I believe TATMOU was intended to be released in exactly the way it was. Don't think the video would even have been shot otherwise, we know the OO video was shot shortly before release. While it is annoying to not have things announced/verified officially quickly, things are posted at select times on Twitter/facebook/instagram or wherever for commercial reasons, rather than informing the fan base. Ice cream being a case in point. Having the hype for ice cream peak a month before release has an adverse impact on sales.

Would be nice to have an "official outlet" for news as and when it becomes available that is aside from the marketing aspect (which lets face it is the only reason for the Social Media presence) and as such I think there was and remains a place for the official forum or fan club to meet that need.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Sep 2015, 20:38

101reykjavik wrote:A bit, yeah. It already feels like an event that has passed.
Agreed. :( I really hope a few UK shows will be scheduled for after MSG though, that'd be a nice full circle for the band after a great year. Started off at MODE in London in March, end at the Royal Albert Hall in November/December. Perfection.

munch

Post by munch » 18 Sep 2015, 02:36

its really sad. but veikko saved us
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man