Damon slams Adele's new record

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

AstronomyD81

Re: Damon slams Adele's new record

Post by AstronomyD81 » 04 Nov 2015, 13:18

Sexist?!..What happens now that every man's comment about a woman is called sexist....this social media...

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 04 Nov 2015, 13:32

daii wrote:I can't believe they're calling Damon's comments "sexist"
:lol: Sounds like the same knee jerk name calling which branded The Magic Whip as racist.

DK42

Post by DK42 » 04 Nov 2015, 20:50

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 04 Nov 2015, 21:23

The more I read Damon's comments, the less of an attack they seem. Fucking stupid, forget about it. People will stop talking about it in .2 seconds, just like they did with Graham's Kanye comment. Ffs

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 Nov 2015, 01:04

I'd be interested to hear what kind of thing Damon wrote for her to be honest. If it was some kind of Syrian style song then I can obviously understand it from Adele's point of view. Adele has her own sound, Damon should have catered for that. Of course I'm not saying it WAS a Syrian style song but when you write for someone you write in THEIR style and not your own. That could have been an issue.

I'd still like to hear Adele on the next Gorillaz album.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 05 Nov 2015, 07:37

tom_cas1 wrote: I'd still like to hear Adele on the next Gorillaz album.
I think this seems very unlikely to happen now.... :lol:

I deeply love Damon, he's my favourite artist on the world, but I think he's not been very elegant this time. I don't see the need to speak about supposed Adele's insecurities, especially if she spoke in a confident way to him.
I don't see the need to air his thoughts to the whole world.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 05 Nov 2015, 08:01

Rosie wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote: I'd still like to hear Adele on the next Gorillaz album.
I think this seems very unlikely to happen now.... :lol:

I deeply love Damon, he's my favourite artist on the world, but I think he's not been very elegant this time. I don't see the need to speak about supposed Adele's insecurities, especially if she spoke in a confident way to him.
I don't see the need to air his thoughts to the whole world.
This is true. We've got to remember though, that if you put yourself in Damon's shoes, or anyone famous for that matter, and never making a miss step, never speaking out of turn, never regretting anything you say when you have a tape recorder in front of you or in public. Can't be easy to always keep opinions to yourself. And those who manage it only make for dull, slavish media whores. I have respect for both Damon and Adele for being pretty real people in a world of 'don't speak out of turn' celebrities. In that sense, they're both right, just for being themselves.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 05 Nov 2015, 09:05

I don't even think he was referring to her insecurities as a person, more so as a musician. He's saying she's unwilling to part with her MOR roots.

eloisekate

Post by eloisekate » 05 Nov 2015, 09:27

^ I completely agree. I feel as though she has incorrectly taken it as a personal dig, as have the journalists who have turned this into an issue of 'sexism'

Rosie

Post by Rosie » 05 Nov 2015, 12:44

101reykjavik wrote:
This is true. We've got to remember though, that if you put yourself in Damon's shoes, or anyone famous for that matter, and never making a miss step, never speaking out of turn, never regretting anything you say when you have a tape recorder in front of you or in public. Can't be easy to always keep opinions to yourself. And those who manage it only make for dull, slavish media whores. I have respect for both Damon and Adele for being pretty real people in a world of 'don't speak out of turn' celebrities. In that sense, they're both right, just for being themselves.
Yes, I agree. It's difficult be true to oneself and not offending anyone, ever.
I didn't like this specific conversation, but I like very much that Damon is constantly and truly himself.

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 05 Nov 2015, 13:33

TripleJay97 wrote:I don't even think he was referring to her insecurities as a person, more so as a musician. He's saying she's unwilling to part with her MOR roots.
completely agree

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 05 Nov 2015, 21:43

beatfloh wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:I don't even think he was referring to her insecurities as a person, more so as a musician. He's saying she's unwilling to part with her MOR roots.
completely agree
Same here. Now we'll just wait a couple more days and this will all be forgotten about. Big whoop.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 05 Nov 2015, 21:46

Adele is on the Graham Norton show in the uk tomorrow for a chat and performance of the song. Wonder if it'll get brought up, Mr. Norton can be a wind up merchant.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 05 Nov 2015, 21:51

Oh god, lets hope not.

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 05 Nov 2015, 23:07

If you work where boring 'Someone Like You' is on the radio all the time and then read 'Damon Albarn calls Adele insecure and MOR' or 'Damon Albarn slams Adele'. It can make ones day.
Adele is way too precious
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.