Damon slams Adele's new record

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Melon_Collie

Re: Damon slams Adele's new record

Post by Melon_Collie » 03 Nov 2015, 16:45

tom_cas1 wrote:If he doesn't like her stuff then why did he agree to work with her?
Uh... maybe he liked some of her past stuff... then agreed to work with her on her new stuff... then found her new stuff quite boring? Makes sense to me.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 03 Nov 2015, 16:50

The way is see it both fans of each other and wanted to collaborate, Adele said "thanks but no thanks, not my thing" after the recording or whatever. And Damon took umbrage and said what he said in the media.

Very naughty on Damon's part.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 03 Nov 2015, 16:56

I think that Damon only was being sincere about what he thought and that's it.... and She took it like a personal attack..

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 03 Nov 2015, 17:01

AstronomyD81 wrote:I think that Damon only was being sincere about what he thought and that's it.... and She took it like a personal attack..
Or vice versa.....
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 03 Nov 2015, 17:03

^ Yep.

I think people are defending Damon because it's Damon, and if it had been someone else they wouldn't be so convinced. Oh wait, this isn't the unpopular opinions thread, sorry. :P
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 03 Nov 2015, 17:11

I wouldn't say Damon attacked her in any way. I don't see how her being called insecure and middle of the road is an attack or a low blow? She's had some great songs, and Damon has talked good of her in the past, so it makes sense that he would wanna work with her. And she likes (or liked I guess) blur, so it makes sense for her too. I'm not sure why she regrets working with him now, maybe it's just because she took his comments as the "slam against her record" that the media tried to make of it.

Ultimately who gives a fucking shit, this is just NME trying to get some traffic thanks to Adele's insane popularity. I think neither did anything wrong. While on the subject of Adele though, I do think her new song is shit. There will probably be better songs from the album, but she won't have anything better than the likes of Someone Like You IMO.

DK42

Post by DK42 » 03 Nov 2015, 17:29

Yeah, I dunno. I love Damon, so I am a bit biased, but he was just being honest. I suppose he didn't have to call her insecure, but maybe that's taken out of context. I suppose it's harder from her perspective as Damon is or was one of her idols, so perhaps, she shouldn't have put him on that pedestal. But, who cares really? At the end of the day, Adele's new record is gonna sell millions and I doubt many of her ardent fans know who Damon is (which is a shame). However, while I think she is definitely talented, I wish she would evolve a bit, which regardless of what you think of Damon is something he does (and quite well IMO). I guess he was hoping to help her do that and perhaps she didn't like that direction, who knows?

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 03 Nov 2015, 18:14

Boring.

And I'm not talking about her new single.

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 03 Nov 2015, 19:33

tom_cas1 wrote:If he doesn't like her stuff then why did he agree to work with her?
maybe suggestion from Richard

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 03 Nov 2015, 23:27

Her new song is boring it could have been a lot better.

As for Damon calling her insecure, to me it's kinda a dumb comment. Who is he to say she's insecure or not? He's been in the business long enough to know it would be in the headlines as an attack everywhere. So what's the point? Keep it to yourself.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 03 Nov 2015, 23:41

It's bullshit anyway. There's probably gonna be a fucking anti-Blur movement from the Adele fandom now *sigh*

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 04 Nov 2015, 01:05

There already has been lol.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 04 Nov 2015, 07:57

Oh, who cares? I doubt there's a massive Blur / Adele cross-over market which is now compromised by a fan backlash. :)

eloisekate

Post by eloisekate » 04 Nov 2015, 09:22

I can't remember the context of the 'insecure' quote, but I'd assume it would be in terms of her reluctance to musically experiment as Damon is known to do. personally I don't believe what he said was too outrageous, but I think the fact that she said she 'regrets hanging out with him' is a tad dramatic based on what we know of the situation... but really, we don't know what (if anything) else went on between them

daii

Post by daii » 04 Nov 2015, 12:35

I can't believe they're calling Damon's comments "sexist"