Damon slams Adele's new record

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

metalhipslop

Damon slams Adele's new record

Post by metalhipslop » 10 Sep 2015, 15:36

http://www.u.tv/Entertainment/2015/09/1 ... acks-44741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well, I guess that means she won't be on the new Gorillaz album. Thank god
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

101reykjavik

Re: Damon slams Adele's new record

Post by 101reykjavik » 10 Sep 2015, 18:35

'Slams'... :lol: You've got to love provocative headline writers. Hardly an earth-shattering revelation that an Adele album is going to be middle of the road. I'm guessing Damon's point is that his input had the potential to shift her sound to a slightly more edgy area. But all thoughts of doing anything other than playing it safe have been rejected.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 10 Sep 2015, 20:44

Danger mouse producing an Adele record wtf lol

I think she's an alright singer at the end of the day

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Sep 2015, 21:04

One of the worst headlines and articles I have ever read.

Adele has her own sound so I don't really think hip hop beats from Damon on an Adele album would work, although it WOULD work if she guested on a Gorillaz album. No need for her to change her sound after how well her second album sold. And she's a great singer. I'm not a hardcore fan or anything (although I do like a number of tracks) but her singing on Someone Like You was and continues to be SPECTACULAR. One of the all time best vocal performances right there.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 10 Sep 2015, 21:56

I don't think he slammed anything, more slightly tapped it. I love Adele, and the concept of her working with Damon is almost dreamlike to me. The fact that it didn't work was a shame, but that's all I'm taking away from this story. I hope she doesn't take this kind of bollocks to heart.

Melon_Collie

Post by Melon_Collie » 11 Sep 2015, 01:21

Lol at the idea of calling that a "slam." In my mind he was just saying his sounds didn't fit... or at least she didn't think so.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 11 Sep 2015, 13:15

Danger Mouse's work could be middle of the road. I mean, fucking Rick Rubin did 21, and got nothing different than 19.

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 12 Sep 2015, 15:14

It took me a couple of days to read the article because I was rather disappointed in Damon for contributing to the shit-talking-of-other-artists bullshit.
That really was less of a "slam" and was more of a "we did something, I have no idea what's going on, what I've heard is okay but could be so much better" which is rather benign.

lolol
Good ol' media!

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 12 Sep 2015, 17:23

I would hope that Danger Mouse puts his spin on it like he did with that Norah Jones record. That was good.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 Sep 2015, 14:16

davidsutter wrote:I would hope that Danger Mouse puts his spin on it like he did with that Norah Jones record. That was good.
Little Broken Hearts? Excellent album.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 13 Sep 2015, 17:50

Danger Mouse and MOR are words that seem to go together nowadays. Just need to listen to last year's Broken Bells album, really average stuff.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 03 Nov 2015, 16:23

Oh dear....

http://www.nme.com/news/adele/89473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 03 Nov 2015, 16:33

To be fair it was a low blow to call her insecure and middle of the road, just saying.

Melon_Collie

Post by Melon_Collie » 03 Nov 2015, 16:34

I'm obviously biased as a Damon fan and decidedly not an Adele fan... but her comments reek of responding more to the quote itself and not the experience. Damon's supposed "slam" is coloring her perception. That's my take, anyway.

I also don't think it's really a low blow. Damon is honest. He's not gonna tell her he likes her stuff if he doesn't. A good artist values that kind of input... but I guess Adele doesn't take it too well.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 03 Nov 2015, 16:41

If he doesn't like her stuff then why did he agree to work with her?