Blur interview in The Guardian (Kanye West etc.)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Sledge Hammer

Re: Blur interview in The Guardian (Kanye West etc.)

Post by Sledge Hammer » 01 Aug 2015, 15:08

Bravo Graham...100% correct, the Brit Awards performance alone confirmed these comments..

Sushi

Post by Sushi » 01 Aug 2015, 15:51

-That's not even Graham's part from Tender. XD

-It's ironic that the writer says Dave was "suspicious" and cautious of things like "Dave from Blur says...".

-The article as a whole is a strange one. Damon believes in fairies, Alex is skiddish, Dave is suspicious, and Graham is a middle aged white man. Graham was obviously in a bad mood and what he says doesn't even hold a light to the poop that flies out of Kanye's mouth. Also, "All I hear is a loop starting, some bloke starts to sing or rap, and the loop finishes. There's no shape to this stuff..." is totally taken out of context by all the recycler news sites out there. That was a statement about modern rap in general and it's accurate! Maybe it's not true about Kanye, as most people seem to be defending him on that front, but I wouldn't know. I can't stand his music and have never really noted the song structures. His lyrics, while brave, always fall short of wit and turn into preachy attempts at "saying something". Gotta give him respect for at least trying, I guess.

-AND ONE MORE THING.... does anyone else find it funny that the anti-Blur petition was created by Rusty Shackleford i.e. Dale Gribble the insane conspiracy theorist from King of the Hill? :lol:

Forever Low Man

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by Forever Low Man » 01 Aug 2015, 16:09

I think Tumblr started that.

Also, 100 people? Yeah, this petition ain't changing shit.

The comments are kinda funny though. Looks like 4chan found it too.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Aug 2015, 17:15

When NME posted a link on this on their Facebook page, some complete and utter FOOL commented saying Graham can easily be replaced in Blur. I mean...the stupid are everywhere.

I agree 100% with Graham's comments. Kanye is the twat of all twats who thinks he's up there with the likes of Lennon, McCartney etc. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Fuck off mate.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 01 Aug 2015, 22:09

Forever Low Man wrote:

4chan made it. I saw the whole thing.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 01 Aug 2015, 23:32

TripleJay97 wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:

4chan made it. I saw the whole thing.
I figured it was one of the two, but Tumblr has some legitimate crazies on there so I guessed that.

4chan is a goldmine of brilliant trolls and gullible imbeciles.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 02 Aug 2015, 00:32

I dig Kanye. I dig Graham. It's all clickbait to stir up drama - wonder how the tickets for the U.S. dates are selling, this would be kicking up some interesting publicity for them in the states...

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 02 Aug 2015, 08:27

That is totally hilarious in a sad and pathetic way, racist? hip-hop not valid because it's black music? At which point in the interview do any of them say that?

I reckon the interviewer wanted to get a reaction and he got it, otherwise why mention Kanye, what was he expecting? :lol: Had he mentioned Chuck D instead he would have gotten a totally different reply I bet.

Liese

Post by Liese » 02 Aug 2015, 12:26

God, this is getting beyond ridiculous.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 02 Aug 2015, 16:12

Indiana wrote: That is totally hilarious in a sad and pathetic way, racist? hip-hop not valid because it's black music? At which point in the interview do any of them say that?

Right. I wonder if they are aware that Damon has released multiple hip hop albums and collaborates regularly with people of color.

Mrbriggs

Post by Mrbriggs » 02 Aug 2015, 21:03

I like Kanye but the attention this whole thing is getting is ridiculous. I hope the band isn't bothered by any of this.

rob_graves

Post by rob_graves » 02 Aug 2015, 22:06

Graham himself has said he's a fan of hiphop and has so for years. He was prob just in a bad mood during the interview and was saying some half-assed stuff as a result. Context and sarcasm is always important to consider when anyone is quoted.

Also not liking Kanye doesn't mean that he's dismissive of the entire genre. Just one artist. It's like saying that you don't like the Beatles and therefore must not like any rock music..,.. actually, it might. nm..

JordanPowers

Post by JordanPowers » 02 Aug 2015, 22:19

He didn't even say he didn't like hip-hop, just that Kanye's an ass and that he finds his music boring. There's nothing racist about that in the slightest. This isn't anything countless other people have said, what with Kanye being one of the most controversial modern figures in the music industry, so i don't get what the fuss over this is. You may as well write an article about everyone else who doesn't like Kanye.
TripleJay97 wrote:
Westway wrote:this should be in the blur section
You should be off the Blur forum

Melon_Collie

Post by Melon_Collie » 02 Aug 2015, 23:47

JordanPowers wrote:He didn't even say he didn't like hip-hop, just that Kanye's an ass and that he finds his music boring. There's nothing racist about that in the slightest. This isn't anything countless other people have said, what with Kanye being one of the most controversial modern figures in the music industry, so i don't get what the fuss over this is. You may as well write an article about everyone else who doesn't like Kanye.
It's quite clearly a troll post. You're giving it more attention than it deserves.

munch

Post by munch » 04 Aug 2015, 07:37

Be funny if Kanye is on the next Gorillaz record :lol:
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man