Gig: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 22 Jul 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Post Reply
ngho
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Apr 2015, 04:18
Location: Hong Kong

Gig: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 22 Jul 2015

Post by ngho » 20 Jul 2015, 12:02

KKBOX(similar with spotify),they will stream the concert in Hong Kong.
But I don't know there is any geographical blocks because I will be attending the concert the day after tomorrow.
http://www.kkbox.com/live/127/blur_liveinhongkong
06.05.2013: World Tour 2013
22.07.2015: The Magic Whip Tour

User avatar
AstronomyD81
Posts: 244
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 13:09

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by AstronomyD81 » 20 Jul 2015, 12:47

ThanKs for the link!Ihope it works :)
Image

User avatar
Consigliere_11
Posts: 1713
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:34
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by Consigliere_11 » 20 Jul 2015, 15:25

Maybe this show will feature more Magic Whip songs? They could give some treats to the city that inspired this album :-)
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

ngho
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Apr 2015, 04:18
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by ngho » 21 Jul 2015, 12:30

Consigliere_11 wrote:Maybe this show will feature more Magic Whip songs? They could give some treats to the city that inspired this album :-)
I hope they will play the full album of the magic whip. Can't wait for tomorrow night!
06.05.2013: World Tour 2013
22.07.2015: The Magic Whip Tour

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7738
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Jul 2015, 14:37

ngho wrote:
Consigliere_11 wrote:Maybe this show will feature more Magic Whip songs? They could give some treats to the city that inspired this album :-)
I hope they will play the full album of the magic whip. Can't wait for tomorrow night!
I think the full album is unlikely but I reckon they'll play more songs from TMW than they've been playing. New World Towers, Ghost Ship SHOULD be in there. Ice Cream Man? Probably not although I'd kill for a high quality live recording of it.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
JackS
Posts: 455
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:46
Location: London

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by JackS » 21 Jul 2015, 14:47

tom_cas1 wrote:
ngho wrote:
Consigliere_11 wrote:Maybe this show will feature more Magic Whip songs? They could give some treats to the city that inspired this album :-)
I hope they will play the full album of the magic whip. Can't wait for tomorrow night!
I think the full album is unlikely but I reckon they'll play more songs from TMW than they've been playing. New World Towers, Ghost Ship SHOULD be in there. Ice Cream Man? Probably not although I'd kill for a high quality live recording of it.
I think, if they play the usual crop of Go Out, Lonesome St, Ong Ong and Spaceman, we can assume that there are clear reasons why they have made the decision to drop most of the album.

The optimist in me thinks it would be likely to get NWT, GS and TATMOU.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7738
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Jul 2015, 15:15

^ I hope so. Why they were dropped after Wolverhampton God alone knows.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by 101reykjavik » 21 Jul 2015, 20:38

If I had to take a guess I'd say we'll get ONE extra TMW track, which might replace one of the others, so they get get something Hong Kong related in, like New World Towers say.
Last edited by 101reykjavik on 22 Jul 2015, 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3236
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Jul 2015, 07:05

101reykjavik wrote:If I had to take a guess I'd say we'll get ONE extra TMW track, which might be replace one of the others, so they get get something Hong Kong related in, like New World Towers say.
Unfortunately, they might just add "Yuko & Hiro" onto the set and not another TMW track.......
Image

User avatar
Simon le bon
Posts: 155
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 11:09
Location: france

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by Simon le bon » 22 Jul 2015, 08:03

I don't think they ever played Yuko & Hiro outside Japan.
Given that Hong Kong is not in Japan, i'd be surprised if they play it

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3236
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Jul 2015, 09:46

Simon le bon wrote:I don't think they ever played Yuko & Hiro outside Japan.
Given that Hong Kong is not in Japan, i'd be surprised if they play it

Oh...for some odd reason I thought they played it in Hong Kong as well.... my mistake..... I would definitely be awfully concerned if they perform less than 6 from TMW.....they seem though to keep on adding more tunes from "TGE"....which baffles me since that's the album they seemed to disdain more than anything else they've recorded.... They also seemed to drop "Puritan" quickly and then obviously never once performed "Fool's Day" live.....
Image

User avatar
Simon le bon
Posts: 155
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 11:09
Location: france

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by Simon le bon » 22 Jul 2015, 09:53

I'd LOVE to hear Fool's day live once

User avatar
Consigliere_11
Posts: 1713
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:34
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by Consigliere_11 » 22 Jul 2015, 10:01

Simon le bon wrote:I'd LOVE to hear Fool's day live once
No way this will happen, but I would *love* to see this too!
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3236
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Jul 2015, 10:13

Consigliere_11 wrote:
Simon le bon wrote:I'd LOVE to hear Fool's day live once
No way this will happen, but I would *love* to see this too!

It seems they immediately dismissed this song and I've often always wondered why. It was released to no fanfare by them. I thought they would be on Jools Holland or any other program promoting it the weekend it was released for Record Day. Also, they never discussed it in subsequent interviews. I know "UTW" was just recorded for the 2012 Olympics obviously, but we all of course know how "Puritan" (which I admittedly loathe) was dropped from '12 Hyde Park (and of course since then as well). It just seems they don't have high regard for their newer material. I finally saw them live for the first time on 6/20 (at Hyde Park BST) and I loved their entire setlist, but of course wished more than four songs were performed from TMW..... It seems they love playing tunes prominently from "Parklife" and "TGE".....I thought perhaps the festival organizers might have somewhat of a say on them adhering to the hits, but now it seems more of the band's choice... Only 2 songs from "Blur", 3 from "13" 1 respectively from "Leisure" and "MLIR".....I love hearing "Out of Time" w/Graham, but "Battery In Your Leg" is more desirable to hear live for me.....

I don't mean to be on a complaining trip... I really was in heaven hearing "Badhead", "Stereotypes", and "Trouble In a Message Centre", and "He Thought of Cars" added.... and just to witness Blur live for the first time was a memorable experience for me that I will forever cherish...
Image

User avatar
JackS
Posts: 455
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:46
Location: London

Re: Gig: Hong Kong, 22 July

Post by JackS » 22 Jul 2015, 13:52

If setlist.fm is to be believed, so far it's the traditional set, but with Ghost Ship and MTH added back in in their respective slots. Very good to see GS back in there.

Post Reply