Are Gorillaz going to affect Blur?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

meznez

Re: Are Gorillaz going to affect Blur?

Post by meznez » 06 Aug 2015, 09:47

Going to go against the grain a little here (hey that's what discussions are for right?) and say that I for one am incredibly excited for a new Gorillaz album. I also think that the huge success that demon days experienced makes gorillaz not one of Damon's side projects but rather his most stable 'second band'. Also having seen both bands live Damon seemed just as excited being on stage with all of his collaborators for Gorillaz, there is something special about seeing so much talent on a single stage (obviously not as special as seeing blur but still awesome). I can see why he'd want to make another album.

Obviously none of us can say for certain whether or not Gorillaz will affect Blur; but I personally don't think we will get another blur album for a few years at least. I was incredibly stoked that we got another after think tank, was not expecting that at all!! As long as Damon is making music I'm happy! Should note that I do have a Damon solo/Gorillaz bias as I discovered Gorillaz a short time before blur

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 06 Aug 2015, 10:07

meznez wrote:Going to go against the grain a little here (hey that's what discussions are for right?) and say that I for one am incredibly excited for a new Gorillaz album. I also think that the huge success that demon days experienced makes gorillaz not one of Damon's side projects but rather his most stable 'second band'. Also having seen both bands live Damon seemed just as excited being on stage with all of his collaborators for Gorillaz, there is something special about seeing so much talent on a single stage (obviously not as special as seeing blur but still awesome). I can see why he'd want to make another album.

Obviously none of us can say for certain whether or not Gorillaz will affect Blur; but I personally don't think we will get another blur album for a few years at least. I was incredibly stoked that we got another after think tank, was not expecting that at all!! As long as Damon is making music I'm happy! Should note that I do have a Damon solo/Gorillaz bias as I discovered Gorillaz a short time before blur
I'm wth you on this, as I said a few pages back. I'm a fan of pretty much anything Damon does (pathetic fanboy :lol: ) so obviously I don't want Blur to disappear but I'm more than happy to have other projects for the foreseeable future.

On the point about Damon looking excited on stage, I think you're right - he gets pumped up performing generally. Africa Express, for example. When I went to that, the sense of excitement and camaraderie coming from Damon was palpable.

meznez

Post by meznez » 06 Aug 2015, 10:26

101reykjavik wrote: I'm wth you on this, as I said a few pages back. I'm a fan of pretty much anything Damon does (pathetic fanboy :lol: ) so obviously I don't want Blur to disappear but I'm more than happy to have other projects for the foreseeable future.

On the point about Damon looking excited on stage, I think you're right - he gets pumped up performing generally. Africa Express, for example. When I went to that, the sense of excitement and camaraderie coming from Damon was palpable.
Haha I know those feels! I used to think that I was better than all those screaming fan girls but then I realised that I was the ultimate fan girl and love it :lol:

Ah Africa express would have been so good. He was also excited for his solo show, all the same water throwing and hand grabbing as at blur. Just an all around great entertainer, definitely the best live performer I've ever seen. (Sorry for going a little off topic all)