Gig: Super Bock Super Rock, Lisbon, 17 Jul 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

maria

Re: Gig: Super Bock Super Rock, 17 July

Post by maria » 18 Jul 2015, 21:41

^ooops (fixed!) my brain has still clearly not recovered :lol: I could have gone further to the front but I thought it was better to stay a little behind but have the barrier for some kind of support (tho when Damon came to barrier to our side and during song 2 I was crushed!).
Lt Pinkerton wrote:almost died during the first songs
Go Out really works as an opener 8-)

joana

Post by joana » 18 Jul 2015, 23:07

Great gig. Enjoyed it a lot, more than in 2013 (primavera) tbh. And I got to touch Damon's hand during trimm trabb :lol:
I wasn't near the front so I didn't have to deal with them (well during song2 hell break loose a bit everywhere..but it was alright), but why oh why must blur attract so many moshers (sp?)...

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 19 Jul 2015, 10:22

Dave Rowntree interview for Antena 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v4nulcjm2bo9fge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maria

Post by maria » 19 Jul 2015, 10:46

Dave wrote: if we don't play Song 2 we would be chased out of the building

:roll: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Veikko!

Liese

Post by Liese » 20 Jul 2015, 08:32

maria wrote:One of the times Damon came to front barrier a fan asked for Parklife and he answered something like “of course, but not now! Unless you want to come up here and make a fool of yourself if you don't know the lyrics...” :lol: and later when they played Parklife Damon invited him to the stage and it was a great moment :) (here's a videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfyxf6Z ... e=youtu.be).
That was lovely indeed. I am tempted to say there has rarely been a band leader more apt at creating a bond between the band and the audience than Damon (remember stage invasion Italian style, and of course the way he hugs whole front rows at any gig...).

Short video but made me long for more gigs immediately. They are on fire at the moment, I wish I'd see them again this year.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Jul 2015, 15:51

Liese wrote:
maria wrote:One of the times Damon came to front barrier a fan asked for Parklife and he answered something like “of course, but not now! Unless you want to come up here and make a fool of yourself if you don't know the lyrics...” :lol: and later when they played Parklife Damon invited him to the stage and it was a great moment :) (here's a videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfyxf6Z ... e=youtu.be).
That was lovely indeed. I am tempted to say there has rarely been a band leader more apt at creating a bond between the band and the audience than Damon (remember stage invasion Italian style, and of course the way he hugs whole front rows at any gig...).

Short video but made me long for more gigs immediately. They are on fire at the moment, I wish I'd see them again this year.
Well apart from when he told a Spanish audience to "fuck off" in 2003 because he lost his bracelet, but we'll forget about that. :P
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 20 Jul 2015, 18:06

tom_cas1 wrote:
Liese wrote:

Well apart from when he told a Spanish audience to "fuck off" in 2003 because he lost his bracelet, but we'll forget about that. :P
I remember that moment... I saw it on youtube..he was sooo drunk and so pissed off but he had his reasons... is bad that a singer is approching to their fans and someone get the chance to take his things...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Jul 2015, 20:27

Did anyone record this gig? I've not seen any signs of it, it'd be awesome to have it!

maria

Post by maria » 26 Jul 2015, 13:42

^Apart from the fans' videos, nothing that I'm aware of
Liese wrote:That was lovely indeed. I am tempted to say there has rarely been a band leader more apt at creating a bond between the band and the audience than Damon (remember stage invasion Italian style, and of course the way he hugs whole front rows at any gig...).
I couldn't agree more :)