B-Roads

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Pavlich

Re: B-Roads

Post by Pavlich » 05 Sep 2016, 05:12

Can someone explain it then?

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 12 Sep 2016, 12:44

ok
Last edited by TracyJosh on 12 Sep 2016, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Sep 2016, 13:19

[quote="TracyJosh"][/quote]

1) Won't happen.
2) Proof you have Death Metal?
3) These kinds of things are what could get this place shut down if anyone sees it, afterall Graham is a member of the forum.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 12 Sep 2016, 13:35

Apologies.

I altered my comment, however you quoting it is a bit paradoxical if it's truly something that could get this 'shut down'.

Private message me in regards to said demo recording.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Sep 2016, 13:49

I edited my comment too. And yes, sadly. As annoying as it is the record company don't want B-Roads released and if they get the slightest of whiffs that it's been shared here I imagine they'd try and shut it down. A damn shame because so many of us want to see B-Roads!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

TracyJosh

Post by TracyJosh » 12 Sep 2016, 13:55

Cheers for that..

Surely the reason EMI were such fascists about the possible sharing of 'B-Roads' in the past was due to the fact they were using footage from it on 'No distance left to run' in 2010... Without a direct connection to this forum, what can they actually do? How do you go about shutting down an independent forum for having conversations unless someone actually posts a link publicly to footage. Starshaped was on Youtube for years before the dvd reissue..Graham Coxon is a member of this forum!?

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 12 Sep 2016, 18:42

It's so ridiculous. I mean, I don't think that it will ever be released on a wide scale so that a lot of people who know blur will go and watch it and overall there's just a couple thousand people in the world that know about the movie and want to see it. Any form of release would end this nonsensical hunt and no-one would care about it anymore... I guess.
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Sep 2016, 20:31

They'd do best just to release it for free on the official YouTube account and be done with it. But no.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 12 Sep 2016, 21:12

Liese

Post by Liese » 14 Sep 2016, 14:42

^this. I have not been on here in a while and then first thing I see coming on is this thread up there. :lol:
rob_graves wrote:People on this board have seen it. Reports are conflicting as to how worthwhile it is.
Not correct. The unanimous verdict always was that it is not very worthwhile.
Danilo wrote:People who watched the video died seven days later. That's what I heard out there ...
:twisted:
This remains to be seen for later this year, if I remember the incident from the former official board correctly. It was in autumn (maybe October?) of the first reunion year, i.e. 2009... [edit: sorry, misread that as being 7 years...]

That being said, I remember that I always wanted to research whether there really are true legal consequences looming. I am no IP-lawyer, but I doubt that EMI can do much now that the forum is not run by them anymore, and as long as no-one aims for a commercial exploitation. I might be wrong, though.

That being said, of course this place might be shut down and that is the least anyone of us would want, I believe.

Also, I guess those who have it now are bound more by personal loyalty (and loyalty to the band, whose conscious decision it was not to release this, after all!) than by fear of legal consequences. It must be a very small group, probably literally only a handful, and IIRC from there it can so easily be tracked down that personal reputation is at stake more than anything else.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 18 Sep 2016, 01:58

While I don't know if they could legally shut this forum down, I'm sure they would heavily go after the person who shared it with fines galore as it is illegal to share it. So why would anyone want to chance sharing it? I love you guys, but if I had it (which I sadly don't) I wouldn't share it as I wouldn't want to deal with the consequences from EMI. If you really want to know what it is, but MrMagPie's book, read the scene by scene detail and let your imagination go wild. That's what I did. If by grace of God it ever came out, I'd watch it, but I'm content with reading it.

And Caitlin, it's about time Michael came here with his popcorn! lol

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 18 Sep 2016, 13:22

Send it to me, I'll share it with everyone!

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 18 Sep 2016, 17:35

The same old B-Roads chat I see, a bi-seasonal occurrence fulfilled once more.

John_d

Post by John_d » 28 Sep 2016, 09:01

Is it confirmed that the backstage footage in NDLTR is from B-Roads? You know, where Damon and Graham are imitating Bono? If so it is actually a bit unsettling as Graham appears really drunk in a different way (ie less fun) from how he was sometimes seen drunk in Starshaped (they were all drunk in Starshaped).

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 28 Sep 2016, 14:08

I'm fairly sure it is - without double checking. The footage is certainly circa the seaside tour of '95