B-Roads

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Caitlin

Re: B-Roads

Post by Caitlin » 31 Aug 2016, 04:31

When your forum is funded by the label, and the label are the ones sending the messages telling you to shut it down... well, you shut the threads down.

I dunno, I can see the whole debacle from both sides. I understand why people want to see it, and why there can be such animosity to those who are unwilling to leak it. Then again, as one of the people who refuses to leak it, there are very good reasons for that too. No one will ever be happy until EMI properly release it - I reckon they'll do a nice $500 box set for the 50th anniversary... :lol:

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 31 Aug 2016, 05:41

I love stuff like this. It makes following a band interesting, and much like the teaser period before an album, waiting is half the fun. It's like life in general, all about the way you get there. For me I find these things almost worth not having out because after this, what really is there? I've followed bands where a few holy grails were the last little threads of passion and interest and once they trickled out, it felt like I could cross out that part of my adolescence, that fandom, and move onto something else. Of course Blur is still active and the members are still writing decent enough, interesting music, so this isn't a Bloc Party/Weezer case.

I do wonder this though: is the copy people have/people have seen fully edited? Ie, are there titles, or subtitles, or credits at the end? Is what exists capable of being professionally distributed?

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 31 Aug 2016, 07:51

Pavlich wrote:I do wonder this though: is the copy people have/people have seen fully edited? Ie, are there titles, or subtitles, or credits at the end? Is what exists capable of being professionally distributed?
no title, no credits

rob_graves

Post by rob_graves » 31 Aug 2016, 17:19

Yeah I don't think it's anyone's intention of getting anyone in any type of legal trouble here. We're simply speculating about the film, what it's like, and when it might possibly come out.

People said the old Pink Floyd demos would never come out and low and behold here's a $500 17 CD/DVD boxset coming out with pretty much everything they have left in the vaults, finished/unfinished.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 31 Aug 2016, 19:15

I understand that people don't want any problem with the label, but I think finally someone will leake it, it happened with a documentary of another of my favorite bands, some fans had it and someone leaked -more than 10 years after-, the band didn't want to because it was "too dark", not good times in between the band members, drug problems...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Aug 2016, 19:47

rob_graves wrote:Yeah I don't think it's anyone's intention of getting anyone in any type of legal trouble here. We're simply speculating about the film, what it's like, and when it might possibly come out.
Exactly, there's no harm in talking about it. No-one was going to share it on the old forum and no-one is going to share it here.

Of course there's always the view that the reason B-Roads is such a hot topic is BECAUSE every thread on the old forum was locked or deleted. Every time that happened it just created more questions as to what the damn thing contained.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Pavlich

Post by Pavlich » 01 Sep 2016, 01:02

Would anybody like to PM me some more 'interesting' information? Total disclosure and all of that.

Mark87uk

Post by Mark87uk » 01 Sep 2016, 22:08

I'll always wanna see it no matter how dodgy people say it is. Just because I actively wanna see/read/hear everything to do with my beloved blur

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 02 Sep 2016, 11:44

I'd be fascinated to see it. The reports that it isn't very good are entirely irrelevant to me. I like quite weird art films / cinema, so if it's a bit unusual I'd be all for it. If only we could get a release.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 02 Sep 2016, 18:25

Mark87uk wrote:I'll always wanna see it no matter how dodgy people say it is. Just because I actively wanna see/read/hear everything to do with my beloved blur
Same

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 03 Sep 2016, 19:46

This topic is a weird one for me. I am always curious about B-Roads, so I love discussing it. However I hate that it usually always results in those .0001% of blur fans who have actually watched it coming along and acting like the rest of us are stupid for even wanting to watch it. It's easy to dismiss it when you've seen it! Ah, what I wouldn't do to get my hands on a copy...

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 04 Sep 2016, 14:18

really, we should all be invited to a viewing party
then we can absolutely for certain know it's crap and never worth talking about again

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 04 Sep 2016, 19:51

Nice idea!
Every time I see this thread up again I have a secret and tiny hope that someone has posted a link to watch or download it.
It was pretty exciting when that one man posted some screenshots of it on the old forum

rich

Post by rich » 04 Sep 2016, 22:24

isn't there a synopsis of it in the 2nd edition of Black Book? - I'd check but I can't find my copy :oops:

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 05 Sep 2016, 01:08

rich wrote:isn't there a synopsis of it in the 2nd edition of Black Book? - I'd check but I can't find my copy :oops:
there is
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners