B-Roads

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: B-Roads

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 15 May 2017, 07:58

In that period, Oasis were gaining the popular ground. It would have been unwise to release 'B-Roads' which seems to be downbeat.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Postby Pavlich » 16 May 2017, 13:31

Mallard No. 22 wrote:In that period, Oasis were gaining the popular ground. It would have been unwise to release 'B-Roads' which seems to be downbeat.
TracyJosh wrote:Yeah, all the more reason not to release it if they wanted to drop that whole aesthetic and reinvent themselves. There needed to be a period of silence to reset the controls and not have it convoluted with the previous, 'tired' mould.

These two posts are good but contradict each other; generally I don't think Damon is an analytical and promotional, advertising person and probably wasn't then as he isn't now. I simply think it was a shit movie or embarrassing.

With all this said... I'll be in the UK in June and would be curious if anyone who has a copy wouldn't mind me coming over and having a few beers and watching this...
Pavlich

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 18 May 2017, 07:42

Damon may not be promotional, but he would realise that releasing 'B-Roads' at that crucial time in their career would be negative.
Mallard No. 22

Postby Pavlich » 18 May 2017, 08:44

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Damon may not be promotional, but he would realise that releasing 'B-Roads' at that crucial time in their career would be negative.

Probably because of the negative perception and ramshackle behaviour or 'look;' they'd yet to get the darker edge they did later on in their career. From what we've heard (most of us) it seems the media would have latched onto them and some of the angles they would have taken would have done them more harm than good.

Damon seemed like a sound fella during this period too, some of the help he gave his bandmates and the anecdotes are the signs of a good friend.
Pavlich

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 23 May 2017, 06:30

Yes, I agree on all points you make. It would have been a negative release at the time of their commercial peak.
Mallard No. 22

Postby sara-m-a » 24 May 2017, 04:34

At this point I don't care about b-roads anymore, I'd rather watch footage of the band filming the various videos for S/T album, I'd happily watch how they collect that famous gray and colour stripped jumper from the dry cleaners, that's how little I care about b-roads, the more I read about it the more I know it truly must be crap and pointless
sara-m-a

Postby TracyJosh » 17 Aug 2017, 12:31

... Still though, it would be great to see it one day.
TracyJosh

Postby rob_graves » 21 Aug 2017, 22:24

Basically Blur's "The Day the Clown Died"...
rob_graves

Postby Forever Low Man » 21 Aug 2017, 22:30

rob_graves wrote:Basically Blur's "The Day the Clown Died"...

kkinda yeah
Forever Low Man

Postby MrMagpie » 22 Aug 2017, 14:10

rob_graves wrote:Basically Blur's "The Day the Clown Died"...

Basically. Besides how downbeat it is, it's rather shocking hearing Damon's mockney accent during the backstage and concert footage, and then have him speaking completely normally, having suddenly "lost" the mockney during the interview inserts. :lol:

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem
MrMagpie

Previous

Return to Blur