Blur on TFI Friday special on 12th June 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: Blur on TFI Friday special on 12th June

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Jun 2015, 21:27

Grimshaw is a complete tool, hate the guy. I don't mind Chris Evans although I don't think he'll be that good on Top Gear.

To be honest the only reason I watched TFI Friday was because of Blur, I doubt I'll be watching this new series.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

dougharrison

Post by dougharrison » 23 Jun 2015, 22:08

Think the key difference is that they are two guys borne very much of their time. Sadly for Grimshaw that means he has to be as bland and inoffensive as possible, which is why TFI wouldn't work under him and probably why TFI couldn't be a success in today's climate. It worked in the same way South Park works, you have to accept that potentially anything goes in this century we can accept that from cartoons, but not from people in the public eye. Suddenly Gorillaz makes a lot more sense through this lens.

rich

Post by rich » 23 Jun 2015, 22:25

^ good point...
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 29 Jun 2015, 06:51

Good points above, doug.

It will be interesting to see how the new 'TFI Friday' goes.

I liked the irreverent way that it brought you up to date with the latest happenings.

Since he is such a hot property, various broadcasters will want their little bit of Chris Evans. So it looks like he will be a busy guy again, which brought about his downfall 15 years ago.

If the TFI revival is a success, I suspect his involvement in 'The One Show' may end, given that the BBC already have him for 'Top Gear' and Radio 2. You could argue that he would leave the latter, but radio is his broadcasting roots and his preferred medium.

P.S. has anything been said about Nick Grimshaw being involved in 'TFI Friday'? Because he is another busy guy as well.
TripleJay97 wrote:His hair makes me want to vomit.
....don't eat it, then.... :lol:
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Foggy

Post by Foggy » 30 Jun 2015, 21:36

I'm pretty certain Evans has already announced that he'll be leaving The One Show.

I can't see him being able to commit to his radio show either on a full time basis if Top Gear is anything like it was. Clarkson must have spent half his life outside of the UK filming bits and pieces.
☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 04 Jul 2015, 06:26

The BBC should pair Clarkson & Grimshaw up for a project.

Then Evans could interview them on his shows.... :idea: :P
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."