Gig: Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow, 9 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

blurvert

Re: Gig: Glasgow, 9 June

Post by blurvert » 10 Jun 2015, 16:25

I bought a ticket of some bloke called Chris (the ticket had his name on - he sold a couple) he said he was with us and they didn't bat an eye. There were other people in line who also bought tickets who got in okay and I didnt see or hear of any problems

blurvert

Post by blurvert » 10 Jun 2015, 16:33

Blur were incredible last night. I've never seen Damon so involved with the audience and they all seemed to enjoy it as much as us. He spend a lot of the time at the barriers and were treated to a stage dive! My jaw dropped when they played HTOC...I took a sneaky peak at the Wolves show so that ruined the Stereotypes surprise and I felt emotional during Tender (break up anthem etc). Blur fans are such a great bunch - always the most energetic. Glad my days getting squashed at the barrier isn't over.

shit loads of photos to follow...including the inside of Albarn's mouth!

trimmtrabb

Post by trimmtrabb » 10 Jun 2015, 16:34

I don't know if it'll be the same at the blackpool/llandudno venues but at the barras they didn't even scan the tickets or anything, they just said "can I see your ticket", looked at it for half a second, then let you in

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 10 Jun 2015, 16:52

Still shocked they're not playing Pyongyang at these gigs. My favorite live track from TMW and my second favorite overall. I'll be quite disappointed if they don't play it in Paris. :(

Vern

Post by Vern » 10 Jun 2015, 17:57

tom_cas1 wrote:I feel very happy, lucky and glad I was at MODE to witness the greatness of Ice Cream Man. The ONLY time it's been played live. A damn shame, but makes that show even more special for those who were there.
lol, how many more times do you plan on telling us again that you have witnessed them paying ICE CREAM man at the MODE show because it was the ONLY time they played it live and that YOU managed to see it? :lol:

miko

Post by miko » 10 Jun 2015, 19:26

Sushi wrote:Carssssss:
http://youtu.be/_s0Rdbe0k3E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

God I'm so jealous of you people across the pond I want to see them again sooooooooo bad it hurts >.<
man that is so rad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0erc3lJHt0M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:

JackS

Post by JackS » 11 Jun 2015, 09:13

Rubi wrote:Still shocked they're not playing Pyongyang at these gigs. My favorite live track from TMW and my second favorite overall. I'll be quite disappointed if they don't play it in Paris. :(
I'm with you on that one. Would be a real shame if it isn't played at Hyde Park.

That setlist they teased in the video a few weeks back seemed perfect, with a final song combination of Pyongyang and The Universal.

gwyper

Post by gwyper » 11 Jun 2015, 10:39

Think they are playing enough from TMW.

We got 8 of 12 songs from TMW. I think any more would've been definitely pushing it, are people expecting the full album? Bands wouldn't generally do anymore than 75% of a new album at their tour of it.

I'd have Pyongyang in there instead of Mirrorball. It's a toss-up to have Ice Cream Man in there for some of the others though.

Go Out
Lonesome Street
TIWAS
My Terracotta Heart
I Broadcast
TATMOU
Mirrorball
Ong Ong

Would've liked to see Sing in the set-list though!

miko

Post by miko » 11 Jun 2015, 11:46

Yea true this. I guess people are just too hungry for the new stuff after 16 years. Can't blame them really, especially because TMW is such a good record.

gwyper

Post by gwyper » 11 Jun 2015, 11:55

Miko - Do understand that, but would prefer another one from Think Tank, Leisure or MLIR as the better ones on there are still better than the poor TMW ones. Not that there are poor tracks, speaking relatively of course :-)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Jun 2015, 11:57

Vern wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:I feel very happy, lucky and glad I was at MODE to witness the greatness of Ice Cream Man. The ONLY time it's been played live. A damn shame, but makes that show even more special for those who were there.
lol, how many more times do you plan on telling us again that you have witnessed them paying ICE CREAM man at the MODE show because it was the ONLY time they played it live and that YOU managed to see it? :lol:
Many, many more times.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 12 Jun 2015, 13:52

4* in the Guardian...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/j ... arrowlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ratedr69

Post by Ratedr69 » 14 Jun 2015, 16:34

Hey Guys/Gals

Here is my videos from this gig :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Wy5hX5bYDJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gwyper

Post by gwyper » 15 Jun 2015, 10:42

You got a tonne of videos.

Will be good to watch back, thanks.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 15 Jun 2015, 14:13

Ahem.....STEREOTYPES????? Wow. When was the last time they played that???

AND HTOC! Good setlist.